Galv's Visual Novel Choices

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Galv, Mar 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. alberca

alberca Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think this might be the root, one of this function might not supported before MV1.5 update.

// Cache
    Galv.VNC.Scene_Boot_loadSystemImages = Scene_Boot.loadSystemImages;
    Scene_Boot.loadSystemImages = function() {
    ImageManager.reserveSystem('VNButtons');
    Galv.VNC.Scene_Boot_loadSystemImages.call(this);
    };

I would gladly update to the last version but it breaks too much plugins and things I set up to be worth. :/

If you have still the version 1.5 somewhere (or anyone there really), that should fix my issue. Thanks!

If by any means you need a compensation, I am open for a 'commission' to cover the time spent on your end. Your work deserves it.

2. Galv

Galv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    No, sorry

3. alberca

alberca Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    xx

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  4. alberca

alberca Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Created a fix if anyone interested :

For version prior to RPGMV 1.5.

Attached Files:

5. Altimos

Altimos Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Galv...

I couldn't find a link to your RPG Maker VX ACE script Visual Novel Choices in your profile, only a link to here for MV. And on a different website message board, you haven't responded to a question since 2013 (last question was in 2016). So that is why I'm here (and I don't see a way to message you either TT^TT)

I'm using your VN Choices script version 1.9 and I've run into an issue. I've tried to fix it myself... but your script is being stubborn (and my knowledge I'm sure is nowhere near yours when it comes to Ruby script).

Picture of RPG Maker VX ACE Issue
    VN Choices Issue.png
    VN Choices Issue 2.png

To add additional information to it, in the choices I'm using variables (\v[x]) and they work fine, just get what you see in the pic.

I originally had "Potion of \v[1]\v[2]" Where variable 1 said either "Minor" or "Major" and variable 2 was the actual potion (e.g. grappling, aggression, etc.).

As you can see, I need multiple variables for a dynamic display in accordance with the players skill in a particular area. If they don't meet that skill requirement, then ?????? is displayed.

So, each line should read (all centered)...
    Minor Gratification
    Gratification
    Major Gratification
    Go Back

I would like to return back to "Potion of ?????" but either way, I run into the issue in the pic above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  6. SightseeingWolf17

SightseeingWolf17 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Where is the PNG file? I didn't get it? Can someone send it to me?

7. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
  8. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey Galv, are you still updating this plugin?

I found it today, and I was trying it. The menu is beautiful, but when using it with AloeGuvner's conditional show choices the text loses the centering, like if the text from the conditional strings (<<s[1] == 0>> for example) was still there, but just made invisible. I know Aloe's plugin had that issue with the default interface in the first version, but he fixed it later on. However, when combined with your plugin, it seems like that issue happens just like in the first version of his plugin.

Any chance you could make it compatible? It isn't a showstopper, since the engine still works with both plugins, but it feels very unpolished with the text being off-centered like that.
    The reason Aloe's plugin is so good is because:
    a) it's really powerful and easy to use, you can use any variable you want at the time of the choice block, without having to set up anything before calling it. It just gets set up right in the conditional choice block itself, no additional variables or switches required.
    b) its terms of service is more open than HIME's
    c) it includes both hiding and disabling within a single plugin, no need to add more than one

9. furan

furan Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a way to change the choice window background to a select image with this plugin? If not, is the a plugin compatible with this one that I can use?

10. Almightypebble

Almightypebble Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey!

I seem to have some kind of problem with the show choices command and Galv's Visual Novel Choices plugin (LINK) where if I open any kind of menu from the choices and then close it, the choices text multiplies on the screen.
    HERE's what I mean. Not sure what is causing it, but it seems to always happen.

I wonder if it's because of the event I put the choices in? I made it into a loop that only breaks if the start chapter or return to title screen choices are selected. This glitch stay on screen until I open the menu again even if another choice is selected.
    HERE is the mentioned part of the event.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Welp I figured out how to go around the problem, I just had to add a label before the show choices command and jump to it after I leave the menu. Still not sure why it did that though.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  11. Woland

Woland Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey @Galv - I've been using this plugin for over a year and loving it, however, I recently switched to displaying the messages as bubbles above the NPC heads and...
    upload_2019-9-21_12-23-45.png

I am actually using your bust plugin to stick the bust to the text window and it works perfectly, so I figured it would be pretty easy for you to make a tiny update to your Visual Novel Choices plugin to let it stick to the top or the bottom of the text box? You know, something like this:

upload_2019-9-21_12-28-2.png

Wouldn't this just make the world a better place? :)