First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Weapon Proficiency - Version 1.2
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Train your actors to be proficient in a variety of weapon types.

Screenshot

Features
Actors have a weapon proficiency for each weapon type. This weapon proficiency can raise the hit chance, crit chance or have an effect on damage with a change to the damage formula for physical attack skills while they are wielding a weapon of that weapon type.

Weapon proficiency for the currently wielded weapon can be increased by attacking in combat or manually via script command. Each class can have different maximum proficiency for each weapon type. An animation can play during battle when an actor’s weapon proficiency skill increases.

Players can see their weapon proficiency in the default status menu or in Yanfly’s status menu if either of these are set in the plugin settings.

How To Use
- Copy the "Galv_WeaponProf.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Read the help file and examine the demo to learn how it works

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv".

Updates
2017-04-26 - Version 1.2 - added script to use or store actor's weapon proficiency in variables
2017-03-16 - Version 1.1 - only weapon types an actor can equip appear in the menus now
2016-12-20 - Version 1.0 - release

Last edited:

Luminous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Is this system same like weapon mastery in Final Fantasy 2?
This is very awesome specialy for someone who want make a non-magic game which is very depend on weapon only

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't remember FF2's system so I'm not sure if it's similar to that or not. My inspiration for making it was actually my vague memory of one of my favorite dos games 'Magic Candle II'.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can this function like Dragon Quest 8's weapon/ skill proficiency? For example Swords have 100 points to max out, 5/100 the actor learns Dragon Slash, at 11 their Sword damage increases by 15. Is this plugin able to replicate that?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The plugin doesn't add new skills based on weapon proficiency. The proficiency can modify hit chance, crit chance and can also be used in damage formula to have an effect on damage.

Luminous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
I don't remember FF2's system so I'm not sure if it's similar to that or not. My inspiration for making it was actually my vague memory of one of my favorite dos games 'Magic Candle II'.

The system is like whenever you attack with weapon you equiped it gain mastery point so your weapon mastery can leveled up and got more damage.

If you equip sword and attack so many times with sword, mastery level will up and your sword output damage is up too.

I'm hoping there will be more additional feature such bound it into variable, or learning new skill when it reach higher  Proficiency

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to version 1.1 - weapons that an actor cannot use will no longer show in menus

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it going to conflict with Yanfly's plugins at all? Particularly things that change combat. I've always wanted a plugin like this, and you are now the godsend I was waiting for. : D

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I haven't tested with all of his plugins - you'll have to test and find out

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Will do. I'll report any issues here if that's alright with you. Not sure if you really intend to release compatibility patches or not.

THE65

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was looking for this for soooo long. Thanks Galv!

2 questions, do you have any desire to make a magic version of this? I would like to also use this for like Blue Magic, Black Magic, White Magic, etc.

Does this work for created weapon types? Or just default ones?

Thanks again.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't have any plans for a magic version of this.
And yes, it works with all weapon types you set up in the database.

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could we get armors? Light Armor, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor, Shields? Getting hit while using them, to improve proficiency? Great work, @Galv !!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll consider adding armors when I get some time in the future

Naridar

Giver of omnomberries
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
Would it be possible to have a script/plugin call (or a state/equipment effect) that changes the maximum proficiency an actor can have with a weapon?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Try script call:
Code:
$gameActors.actor(x)._wProfMax[y] = z;
Where x is the actor id, y is the weapon type id and z is the max you want to set it to.

Sicon3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
What is the compatibility situation between this and Yanfly's plugins

Namely will things like menu core, status menu core or actor variables overwrite these?
Also can I have proficiency work with armor scaling such that increased skill causes more armor penetration?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I haven't tested all plugins compatibility with this one so I do not know, but the plugin does have settings to use in Yanfly's status menu.

The plugin can be set to modify hit chance and crit chance. Weapon proficiency values can be used in skill formula, so any damage modification or armor penetration can be done in those.

SwiftSign

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Galv, thanks for the cool plugin :) Was wondering if there's a way to display a level up message as well as the animation?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not currently, sorry. That would have to be added to the plugin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

X[ oh gawd.... I dropped my super expensive laptop on my hard tile floor! It still comes on and all, but now Im worried its gunna start screwing up in the near future.... I hope not, cant afford to replace stuff like that. :(
I wrote a nice animated preloading system for mv+mz today. It only supports graphic assets atm, should it support audio too? See it in action in my recent minigame @
I posted my first commercial game on the forums, and now waiting for approval.
fingers crossed.
TMW the air quality is so bad, your hair changes color every time you wash it. :LZYyuck:
Finished two animations today. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olivecat