Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I looked every where and I cannot find a game battle difficulty plugin for MZ and I cannot find one. I know it could be done with events, but it's easier for me with a plugin for many reasons. Does anyone know where I can find one?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What would the game difficulty plugin do?
A difference in actor/enemy stat?
Or it is for something else?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
actually difficulty is easier by event and states than by plugin, because with a state you can directly set what a plugin would need massive configuration to do.

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@TheoAllen It would just affect enemy status. @Andar You're right, but sometimes I need the battle pages for something else. I guess I could just do it the way I been without plugins.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but sometimes I need the battle pages for something else.

What do you mean by that exactly? I do use states, variables and troop events for my difficulty setting.
And I never had any problems with it.

What systems/mechanics do you have in place to prevent you from using a troop event on Turn 0 to adjust the difficulty via states like @Andar suggested?

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@ScorchedGround Sometimes I have events that I want to happen in battle after a certain number of turns. I will try to set up and see what happens though.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean you can just make multiple event pages on troops.

One page is set to condition "Turn 0" and span "Battle" in which you do all the stuff that needs to happen before the battle starts, like adjusting the difficulty.

Then you can still create another event page that contains all the other stuff you need to do, as
you mentioned.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Pfft! If other people would stop replying to threads, I could DOMINATE the Latest Posts box!
After so many hours of debugging, losing data to crashes, and slight adjustments.
BlackJack now deals cards perfectly! Time to adjust the background and implement the game logic so you can actually play it.BlackJack.png
I once thought about a boss gauntled game. I actually did it.
Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartialsArt82