Game can't be extracted beyond one particular song

Bingbong

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When extracting the game, it stops loading and eventually freezes when it reaches one certain song. This song is 1:36 minutes long and an mp3.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this your game or someone else's?

Bingbong

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this your game or someone else's?
My game, both people I've asked have downloaded it have had the same error as me trying to extract it

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So what troubleshooting have you tried?

Do you have other mp3 tracks, and have they been extracted by the time it crashes, or is this the first one to be attempted? Have you tried to change it to another format to see if it makes a difference? OGG might be better. You should be able to convert it using Audacity.

Bingbong

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So what troubleshooting have you tried?

Do you have other mp3 tracks, and have they been extracted by the time it crashes, or is this the first one to be attempted? Have you tried to change it to another format to see if it makes a difference? OGG might be better. You should be able to convert it using Audacity.
I swapped the song with a new copy of the same file of the same song, but this time it stopped extracting at another point... The old song file that originally didn't work is actually 10 minutes long, but it was somehow shortened to 1:36 after extracting it (I looked into the extracted folder and it only contained most of the music and 1:36 of the song that stopped the extraction). The program tries to extract this particular song about halfway through, other songs work. What difference could it make to convert it into .ogg when all other files work as .mp3s?

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I remember correctly, RMXP does not have problems with specific files but with total archive size.
so how big is your game?
it might be that this specific file is the one where the size limit is reached...

Bingbong

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I remember correctly, RMXP does not have problems with specific files but with total archive size.
so how big is your game?
it might be that this specific file is the one where the size limit is reached...
That sounds likely... I'm currently removing files that cause trouble in exporting since the file that the export stops at always changes. This would probably mean exactly what you said... Alright! Thanks, I'm gonna swap some files around... The game was 128 MB in EXE form.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never used XP myself, but I think I heard about a workaround to the size limit. You'll have to search for yourself and hope it's still available somewhere however.

Bingbong

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay i got a program from this site (RPG Maker Encrypter) that encrypted my files and i zipped them up and now i can send them away!

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
As far as I know, RpgXP does not encrypt sound files, so the error happens at the time of simple extraction.
Which version of your engine?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I want to work on my reboot, but I don't have time to do it. ;_;
4y195n.png
big image so i posted it as a spoiler
Just a reminder to back your projects up. Do it now! :yamero:
If there was an award for best game dev procrastination, I'd say 'meh, I'll pick it up tomorrow' >_>
Honestly though, I've been staring at the same half-made map for a while now haha! Ahhh, I'm so tired of mapping!
Time to add the support for import/export default RMXP maps. Maybe there will be customized tileset support later. In theory, I can reimplement the entire RMXP inside this RMXP-made game to make more RMXP games. :kaojoy:RMXPFORMATSUPPORT.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sysce