Sweetmayham

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Howdy! I'm trying to look for scripts that will change as much about the game as possible! I'm pretty bad at coding so plug and play I'd most preferred altho I wouldn't mind trying manual stuff, Also to be more specific about the game changing thing I'm looking for stuff like: A new battle system, maybe some mechanics such as having to press a couple buttons to make a certain skill work stuff like that! Or maybe something that changes the games perspective from top down to a Sideview world if you get what I mean.

Also this is for rpg maker vx ace just in case

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As you are new, I would suggest some tutorials.
There is a link in my signature for Andar's tutorials.
Otherwise you will have to look around as there are a lot of script that do a wide variety of things.
A lot of VX Ace scripts are also lost, and that is why there is an archive to save those scripts when people find them.
You can also google rpg maker vx ace battle systems. There are a series of YouTube videos that show them.
After you find a lot of scripts you will be able to decide which ones you want to use.

RCXGaming

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A new battle system,

Yanfly Battle Engine. Though this is so incredibly vague it doesn't mean anything. A new battle system how? What do you want to accomplish?

maybe some mechanics such as having to press a couple buttons to make a certain skill work stuff like that!

In what context? In battle or on the overworld? Do you want combo moves?

Or maybe something that changes the games perspective from top down to a Sideview world if you get what I mean.

This is 100% art and doesn't (or shouldn't) require scripts at all, since it's quite literally just having the graphics from a platformer perspective. Lisa the Painful is an example.

Sweetmayham

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Yanfly Battle Engine. Though this is so incredibly vague it doesn't mean anything. A new battle system how? What do you want to accomplish?

In what context? In battle or on the overworld? Do you want combo moves?

This is 100% art and doesn't (or shouldn't) require scripts at all, since it's quite literally just having the graphics from a platformer perspective. Lisa the Painful is an example.
1, Yes a new battle system as in perspective or tactics such as from a turn based to an action based just any battle system difrent from the basic one

2, yes I indeed am looking for something that includes combo moves or something like when using a skill it requires the player to press up down down down up or something like that

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1, Yes a new battle system as in perspective or tactics such as from a turn based to an action based just any battle system difrent from the basic one
There are very few that work as a tactic based system. GUBID is one. But there are a few scripts that you can find which will change the battle system to something other than turn battle. such as active time battle or press turn battle.
There are also battle system that are map battles.

2, yes I indeed am looking for something that includes combo moves or something like when using a skill it requires the player to press up down down down up or something like that
There are only a couple of scripts that do button press for skills.

All of what you are asking can be encompassed with MOG hunters scripts.
You should get his demo file and try it out.
Also look for map battle demo. It just takes a google search.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well, I hope things go well tomorrow. I think I might be coming down with a cold, so gonna warm up some chicken soup and sleep.
Status too sad. Pls delete, mods. Thanks.
The most important thing to design your game for is fun. If a game isn't fun, why would anyone want to play it? Well, that and "can you play the game?". Anything else is incidental.
I just realized that I have been on this site for nearly 1/3 of my life...
How awesome is that?! Just in love with those eyes!!
Made by @Kato-A !
Hakuen double size_Kato.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alerxuwu