Game Character Hub - more assets for VX Ace?

PerryParker

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi folks! I've worked with RPG Maker VX Ace for a while now. I created a smallish game about 3 years ago, and am now working on a more modern one which is much bigger. I love the VX Ace program and I've collected a lot of community assets for the Modern look! I love this forum!

Now, I'm wondering about Game Character Hub: Portfolio Edition. I have it, and the two DLCs for it. I've made a bunch of characters already for VX Ace, but there are a bunch of assets I find that I am missing: beards and moustaches, and ear rings and HATS! Where are the hats?! :D

I'm SURE there are community members out there who have created assets for the Game Character Hub (specifically for VX Ace), but I haven't been able to find anything in this forum or with a nominal Go@gle search. Can anyone give me any direction on where to hopefully find them?
I'm really hoping for a few different beard sizes (mandrake style, and Santa Clause big sized, for example), and hats! (baseball cap, top hat, cowboy hat, bowler hat, fedora to name the top ones).

I know this is only my first post, but I'm hoping to post much more in the future. I want to share my earlier game (Land of Magica) and this newer one once it is done with the community of course, so I'll be looking at where to do that elsewhere here in the Forums.

Thanks so much!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Thank you.

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Welcome to the forums!

I use an older version of GCH, for RMXP sprites, and I generally make the pieces I need myself from resources that are available for editing (for XP, Sithjester's sprites are always a good starting point). I've taken individual pieces off the RTP sprites too--aprons, hats, a particular cape, etc. Once I've separated out the piece I want in Gimp, I save it as a character set and import it into the GCH library.

The process should be the same for doing VX/Ace sprites. If you look in the VX/Ace Resource subforum, you can probably find sprites that are edits allowed! I don't know any specifically off the top of my head, though.

Good luck and happy hunting!

PerryParker

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks so much for the advice! I do have some experience with modifying the sprites already. I of course am hoping for easy ready-to-use assets, lol. But I'll definitely give this a go.

The only problem I can see for me is where to save the new character set. I've looked through the files of GCH:pE and unlike the RPG Maker files where the graphics are easy to see, the files look much different. Is there an easy way to automatically add assets (like how one adds DLC content to RPG Maker and such?)

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't know which format you need for the game character hub, but in fact there are plenty of VX/Ace generator parts out there :)

PerryParker

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey, thanks so much! I was hoping to create my own characters in the Generator (with new assets), but looking through some of these links you posted I've found a lot of great sprites to potentially use!
I'm always amazed at the community created assets out there in this forum and others!

(also, I realized last week that I can create character Faces for MV and MZ in addition to ACE, and just resize them for ACE (MV and MZ have more assets like hats!). :)

I don't know which format you need for the game character hub, but in fact there are plenty of VX/Ace generator parts out there :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

COMBAT:

Finally showing combat in my game. The lighting system I'm currently using doesn't transfer over into combat, but I am hoping to find a new one soon... or an update for the one I'm using. The plan is to make combat less bright, though. You'll want to click the video link below and visit YT for audio.
Huge thanks to D757 Gaming for his stream, impressions and review of my game, please check him out!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 3rd quarter annual Drifty jam! I'm always so impressed with the games people make! This time our winner dominated both categories!
jamWinners2.png
That feeling when you have an out-of-bounds error and an ai enemy exploits it to kill you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoctorDeathtrap