Game Character Hub, (Steam Version) Not loading after latest update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

West_Winds

Fun guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to load the program and it did it's first time setup again. And then nothing else happened. No error message, nothing. I'm running Windows 7 32 Bit, (For now till my laptop is fixed then I'll be back on 64Bit) I'm not sure what further info I can give to help with this problem because I didn't get an error message. I opened task manager to see if the program was opening and it was but closing a few moments after. I notice it just got a workshop too and I was keen to look at what they had but Steam Workshops are acting stupid right now with the sale going on. Don't know if that's part of the problem or not.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've no problem startin git, so it has to be something on your computer.

Perhaps a problem with the steam cloud? Or simply a damaged download - try to reinstall it.

Valkyria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Try uninstall then re install it, maybe it will work.

The program also did the first time start up to me to install the Microsoft package things but I able to open the program normally after that. 

West_Winds

Fun guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't be a damaged download because I just verrified the files on Steam and it went through. Still doesn't work. On the Steam GCH forum a lot of other users are having the same problem except they seem to be getting an error messsage unlike me.

Tried redownloading anyway just to see and nope. Still not working.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
there is a problem with the current version the patch was removed again later the day it was released

so it should patch again and you shuld have the older working version

edit: ok looks like it got patch again and the newer version stil doesn't run

Last edited by a moderator:

West_Winds

Fun guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found out from the developer on the Steam forum that it's a problem with a DLL and the program isn't even starting for some folks. Just an update here, they are working on it now.

limiTraveler

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So has this problem been fixed? I opened Game Character Hub and it updated and stopped working afterwards. Is the solution to uninstall and reinstall?

CupcakeDreamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Look at the forums for GCH on steam. It is a known problem. A DLL issue because the developer changed compilers. The DLL for steam's DRM control. The Dev is supposedly going to update it again "soon" compiled with GCC again. Only some people have been affected by it not launching.

limiTraveler

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the feedback. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, uninstalled again, restarted my computer and reinstalled it. Still can't get it to work. I'll take a look at the forums on Steam. Thanks again for the help so far.

CupcakeDreamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The problem has been found and a way to fix it. Read this thread http://steamcommunity.com/app/292230/discussions/0/627457481688916234/ Especially the last page or two. You need to delete the appdata folder for GCH to get it to work again. Type "%appdata%/../Local" in windows explorer and delete the folder named "Game Character Hub" or back it up. I found some of the old files in it are ok like "character_generators" file was ok. Was glad it was as I had put a lot of work into making my own random character rules.

Xanthippe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
On the small advertising video that's on steam for GCH: Portfolio edition, what is the music playing?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Xanthippe, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!
DrBuni wrote on Akiritas's profile.
That is a cute Link picture, reminds me of the Samurai Jack artstyle.
I had an idea on how to get my encounters to leash after chasing the player for a little bit. After going down the Javascript rabbit hole, I realized I could do it in a regular movement route. Derp!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZiowLady