Game Character Hub Tutorials required!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
All right!  I got a gift from someone of the Game Character Hub and to work a sprite from scratch from there I have no problems.

The problems arise while doing the followings; importing a full sheet of sprites with a set of 8 characters or moving items, because I can't quite know how to visualize just one section of them to modify them.  Also, I still don't know how GCH works with Tiling and window system editing.

If someone using GCH have some spare time, I would be grateful to be redirected to any links of some sort of GCH for dummies tutorial.

It is a very powerful tool and I would like to experiment more on it without too much flunky things around to discourage me.

(I do hope this was the right spot to post this. Sorry otherwise.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Program and Utility Discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

This has nothing to do with game mechanics.

Can you please be more descriptive with what you're trying to do and what you're having trouble with? Are you importing a full sheet of sprites into GCH, or importing a sheet you've created with GCH into Ace? As far as I know, you don't import full sheets into GCH - what gives you the idea that you can? What are you trying to do with them? If you just have an existing spritesheet that you want to edit, use Paint.NET or GIMP or Photoshop. Editing existing spritesheets is not the purpose of GCH.

GCH doesn't do tiles or windows (at least for Ace - it will let you combine XP tiles). Again, what gives you the idea that you can?

GCH has a specific purpose - it lets you combine parts of characters into a full character and export it for your game. It sounds like you think it's capable of creating/editing any type of resource, and at this stage, that's not the case.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Probably the whole generating rainbow character versions and for the rest the sales page gave me the idea that I could.

Might it definitely being due for tutorial upon specific purpose to use GCH and how to be descriptive enough to what is usually used in RPGMaker Vx Ace and that can comes from there?

If so, please post links or redirect me to it.

And thank-you for redirecting my post on the right section.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you do the tutorial that comes with it?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've done the rainbow character thing before. You create one character and tell it to export that way, it makes the variations for you. I personally don't like it, I prefer to have more control over how things get recolored so that the colors are dynamic and consistent with the way the rest of the sprite is colored.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I id it too that's why I tested my balls.  :)

Still after tutorial, there's no way I'll get over another overflood of disco rainbow clones XD

I need more to my needs ^^

So what others do with it? I know there is tile reconversions but I guess that's not just it!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
OOooooooouh!  *cybermental hugs*  I like you Slimmmeiske2!  :*

This is definitely bits of what I need.  In Item importation and tileset merging.

Thought, tileset for me has more to do with the map elements than the sprite characters.  I do hope this is it because there is one picture but the frame shows an empty transparent content in the example. 

If someone does anything on YouTube about it, please message me.  Or rather, be courageous and post the links here.  I might be more visual than I thought!

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That guide is hardly "comprehensive." How do I make my own generator? How do I make it use a particular palette for the random colors? Is that even possible? Since the built-in items are in a proprietary format, I can't exactly load them into Photoshop to see what I need to make.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.
Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.
Just got MV and am working on porting over my new game from VX Ace to it! I haven't done much with my new game so it should be pretty quick.
I was doing forge runs on D2 with my wife last night, and singing like a leprechaun to annoy her XD. I was calling it 'The Farge'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VMAndrade23