RMMZ Game concept around: 3 minutes

Tentacurls

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I thought it'd be a fun way to learn the engine & make use of different plugins by making a small game for mainly my boyfriend to enjoy. I asked him to give me a title for the game and I'd try to base it around that. He gave me '3 minutes'. I tried to jot down any ideas, as the base of the game was meant to be an rpg from the get go.

No character classes, each character IS a class.
You get stats and stuff from armors not leveling classes.
Each fight can only be 3 minutes
  • Ally skills increase time, enemy skills decrease time
  • Some kinda anti-time sphere??
  • Has god of time power or IS god of time
  • Creatures are invading & stealing peoples time
  • Why only 3 minutes? Can only maintain time sphere for 3 minutes or it becomes unstable. Can possibly mix with past or future self???
  • god of time doesn't fight bc busy maintaining time sphere
  • find time creatures by seeing areas reverted to the past or fast forwarded to the future
  • god of time helps them by imbuing powers in armor n stuff

Any ideas or improvements are more than welcome! I'm having a hard time coming to a concise & enjoyable idea ;; :kaopride:

edit; thought maybe I should include things he likes to help give more ideas? idk ;; ofc not all have to be included

Hes a numbers nut, he likes seeing big numbers in games
    Enjoys stories & characters a lot, as in he'd play a game that has bad gameplay for the story
    Also an isekai nut & likes chinese manwhua tropes (ie cultivation trope)

Last edited:

BladeRED

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice concept ^^, maybe you can simply add a jump 3 minutes in the future or 3 minutes in the past, where one minute could be one turn if you play a turn based fight game.

For an action rpg game, you just simply put a timer of 3 minutes and when the timer is complete, you can jump back to where you where 3 minutes ago.

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Isekai == a guy that was always in time die under a late train. The time god have him reincarnate as The Punctual Hero.
The time god had past issues as heroes, becoming more and more powerfull, also become more lazy and never in time.

Some gag about the Punctual Hero sleeping at 20:00 whatever the situation, eat at 12:00 even in the middle of a fight, debate on how slow is the powers delivery from the time god.
He does compute every single path to take the faster route and come in time. He does even wait if coming too early - he's punctual after all.

Time hero? A white bunny thing. Who knows, a "bunny eared" armor.

Tentacurls

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nice concept ^^, maybe you can simply add a jump 3 minutes in the future or 3 minutes in the past, where one minute could be one turn if you play a turn based fight game.

For an action rpg game, you just simply put a timer of 3 minutes and when the timer is complete, you can jump back to where you where 3 minutes ago.

Oo that does sounds interesting!! Thanks for the idea
Isekai == a guy that was always in time die under a late train. The time god have him reincarnate as The Punctual Hero.
The time god had past issues as heroes, becoming more and more powerfull, also become more lazy and never in time.

Some gag about the Punctual Hero sleeping at 20:00 whatever the situation, eat at 12:00 even in the middle of a fight, debate on how slow is the powers delivery from the time god.
He does compute every single path to take the faster route and come in time. He does even wait if coming too early - he's punctual after all.

Time hero? A white bunny thing. Who knows, a "bunny eared" armor.

Omggg LOL That sounds hilarious. Kinda makes me think of Overly Cautious Hero. Man I was thinking of a semi serious idea but I'm soooo tempted to switch to your storyline despite it being not that serious.

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tentacurls : well, in the end Overly Cautious Hero was a serious plot (layered by humor). You can give a serious motivation for the hero to be obsessed by time.

JMsoup

New guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
It would be interesting if every attack and skill uses time as a resource instead of MP, like a normal attack being 5s and a "Super death ray" costs 30s. The player loses after 3min into the fight, because the time god loses power or something. Some items can be used to increase remaining time, and enemy attacks might lower it. Time doesn't pass in real time in easy mode, it does in hard mode.

Tentacurls

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It would be interesting if every attack and skill uses time as a resource instead of MP, like a normal attack being 5s and a "Super death ray" costs 30s. The player loses after 3min into the fight, because the time god loses power or something. Some items can be used to increase remaining time, and enemy attacks might lower it. Time doesn't pass in real time in easy mode, it does in hard mode.
Oo I really like that!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just watched a very good drama. It left this very heavy sadness inside me T.T
I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif
Ugh. The one time I forget to save every hour or so is also the day my computer crashes. That's life!
Even though I spent 100's of dollars on my game already. I think I might just have to give it away for free. Since I haven't heard back from people if I could use some of their graphics. Even from a global mod here. Maybe I can make a donation thing.
you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dagnaj