Game counts how many Game Overs you had?

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Finmide, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Finmide

Finmide Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Hey I was working on a comedy based rpg and one of the mechanics I wanted to employ was that it would keep track of how many game overs you get in the game. I was hoping that it could keep track of the game overs even if you choose to quit instead of continue but I could live with it just keeping track of game overs only if you continue. I am just wondering how I would accomplish this.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'Game Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

Unfortunately I cannot move this thread as you do not include that information either in your post or in the info under your avatar. Please post stating which engine it is. You might like to consider adding that info via your Profile Page for the future.

Thanks.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Doesn't a game over mean the game is over? How do you have an option to continue? If you have a script/plugin that allows you to override the game over behaviour, we would need to know that before we can tell you how to proceed, because it all depends on HOW you are allowing the game over to be circumvented.

Please post a link to whatever script/plugin you are using (do not copy/paste it into your post)

4. Finmide

Finmide Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    It was in MV and i thought it gave the option to load the game from last save or something like a continue. I dont remember as I havent gotten that far in the development yet. I jyst wanted to see if there was anything for keeping traxk if you get a game over

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This doesn't sound like a design question but an implementation one.

Although you ignored my request for you to clarify which engine you are using, I am going to assume from your last post that it's MV.

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

6. Finmide

Finmide Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I thought saying it was in MV was acknowledging your request for the engine.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  7. atoms

atoms Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can use this

http://sumrndm.site/game-over-core/

and in the common event have a variable increase by 1 on game over. Then use a text message to display the number of game over's so far before continuing.

8. Finmide

Finmide Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    That sounds like it will work. I'll look into it.