slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am having a bit of a problem. When I start up a new game and go to a specific event, the event works up to a point and then once it gets to a specific point this error pops up:ikumjynhtbgfdhjk.PNG
What does it mean and how do i fix it?
Just in case here is my game folder:
The event that makes the error happen is in the church map. The error doesn't happen for me but it happens for all of my testers so i wish to find out how to fix it.
Here is where the error comes up:
1603955763258.png
After the common event is done the error pops up. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At first it means that the event uses a script command, and inside the script command there is an error with the scripts.

Given that the error is that "ture" is undefined, and your screenshot shows only a single line with something like it (true), I assume that you had a typo on that line at some time in the past and had already corrected that typo, but the game still loads the old version of that event.

There is only one way how an old event version can be executed in a playtest, that points to the fact that you have loaded an older savefile that still contains the error, as the current map is stored with the savefile.

so:
1) there are quite a number of things that can make old savefiles incompatible, which is why we suggest to start new games for playtest as often as possible. To prevent the loss of time to play through the game, most developer place a cheat gate near the start that transfers them to a hidden map where they can powerboost their party and then teleport anywhere in the game.
2) next time, please do NOT cut away half of the event but give the full window screenshot. The properties of an event are often important to problem solving, and I'm only guessing that you had corrected a ture in that snippet - if the event is longer the error might be elsewhere.

EDIT:
just read that it happens only to testers. in that case either they have an old version, or a loading older savefiles like above, but in most cases the error is likely already fixed for your version...

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
At first it means that the event uses a script command, and inside the script command there is an error with the scripts.

Given that the error is that "ture" is undefined, and your screenshot shows only a single line with something like it (true), I assume that you had a typo on that line at some time in the past and had already corrected that typo, but the game still loads the old version of that event.

There is only one way how an old event version can be executed in a playtest, that points to the fact that you have loaded an older savefile that still contains the error, as the current map is stored with the savefile.

so:
1) there are quite a number of things that can make old savefiles incompatible, which is why we suggest to start new games for playtest as often as possible. To prevent the loss of time to play through the game, most developer place a cheat gate near the start that transfers them to a hidden map where they can powerboost their party and then teleport anywhere in the game.
2) next time, please do NOT cut away half of the event but give the full window screenshot. The properties of an event are often important to problem solving, and I'm only guessing that you had corrected a ture in that snippet - if the event is longer the error might be elsewhere.

EDIT:
just read that it happens only to testers. in that case either they have an old version, or a loading older savefiles like above, but in most cases the error is likely already fixed for your version...
When my testers open the game they start a brand new game and the version that I put in the post is the version that they are using.
Here is the event window that is causing the error:
1603987986720.png
1603988021572.png
1603988062986.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nothing you posted so far changes what the error message says:

undefined local variable 'ture'

unless you damaged the original scripts (very unlikely), the ONLY way to get that error message is to trigger a script command that contains a string of letters 'ture'.

I haven't found such a string in the screenshots of your event, but it is the only way how that error message can appear.
So that gives only very few options left:

1) somehow the players are using an older version IF that was an error that you yourself corrected.
Do you remember correcting that error (retyping a ture into a true)?

2) one of the script calls in one of your script commands goes to a script that contains that error.
Go to the Ace script editor, right-click into the script name list and search for the string ture through all scripts (that option is only available through that specific context menu, nowhere else).
If you find something then that means that this specific script was never fullly tested and might contain other errors.

3) the error is in a different event - either because the playtesters gave you a wrong description of which event caused the problem, or because the other event was triggered by something else in the background.
In that case you have to find what other event contains a script command with ture inside it.

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nothing you posted so far changes what the error message says:

undefined local variable 'ture'

unless you damaged the original scripts (very unlikely), the ONLY way to get that error message is to trigger a script command that contains a string of letters 'ture'.

I haven't found such a string in the screenshots of your event, but it is the only way how that error message can appear.
So that gives only very few options left:

1) somehow the players are using an older version IF that was an error that you yourself corrected.
Do you remember correcting that error (retyping a ture into a true)?

2) one of the script calls in one of your script commands goes to a script that contains that error.
Go to the Ace script editor, right-click into the script name list and search for the string ture through all scripts (that option is only available through that specific context menu, nowhere else).
If you find something then that means that this specific script was never fullly tested and might contain other errors.

3) the error is in a different event - either because the playtesters gave you a wrong description of which event caused the problem, or because the other event was triggered by something else in the background.
In that case you have to find what other event contains a script command with ture inside it.
Found the problem. It wasn't with a script, mega is messing up the script stuff when the testers try and download it. When they use it from my drive download the event works just fine. Thanks for the help though.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a new one - but as I said above the condition was that nothing messed up the base scripts.
I just didn't expect a download site to mess that up as it can normaly only be done inside the editor...

Try either encrypting or zipping the game as a single package, that should stop anyone from changing the code (which is a plaintext file by default)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KOGA