Ashfell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
everytime I try to deploy my game to test it I checked the box that says take only used files then I click okay and it compiles the game then once it's done I go to try and play it and it keeps giving me errors of missing files and I have to go and manually pull over every single file it ask for is this a bug?

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Ashfell "Exclude unused files" only excludes the files that were never called by any map or event in the game. Files needed by plugins will get excluded if you use that option. This is why I mainly exclude files manually, not automatically.

Ashfell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ty got to go and make a list of what sounds plugins use then

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Ashfell Or you could make dummy maps of the smallest possible size (which would be inaccessible by players anyway) and have them call the sounds your plugins use, that way, they won't get excluded when you use "Exclude unused files".

Alternatively to this, you could make one dummy map that has dummy events that call the sounds.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That might not help with images though - any images you'd need to add event commands that use those images. If it's something like Doodads, or if the plugin uses a new folder for images, or new images in the System folder that aren't related to any commands, you'll have trouble with those.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I missed that ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

split.png
split view of both versions of the pocket city you traverse through. there's differences like areas only being accessible in one version of Autumn Bay. or events that only happen in one or the other.
theortically if there were a developer who spied on people's game playthroughs and changed things in real time to make it harder for them, what might be said game developer's motivation?
Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.
That awkward moment when you're talking about thinking about writing a limited shop stock plugin for MZ and then find out you already wrote one...last May. My memory is so bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
URMOM38242345325