Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
So my game file in my rpg maker 2003 game folder does open. The problem is I made a copy of the game file to put on my desktop, but it doesn't open. It just pops up with a message. Ill attach a picture. gameproof.png

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know about RM2K3, but all later makers were never a single file, and get a similar error if you only copy the exe without all the other required files...

so most likely your copy is incomplete and missing the rest of the required files.

DrXGB

Destiny Patch User
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Did you just copied only the RPG_RT.exe?
If you did it, it's natural the error cause. RPG_RT.exe is just an interpreter, so it needs to read all the external files like assets, map tree, database, etc. And the ultimate_rt_eb.dll is one of them.
It's recommended that you copy the whole game folder.

If you want to place only the game on the desktop, I recommend you to create a shortcut to the game path.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

1660090657213.png
Mistakes will be made.
After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.
Spend $5,000 on a new gaming PC. Didn't expect it to be like 1 foot wide, 2 feet tall, and weigh like 100+ pounds. The heck did I get myself into?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeuzyGamer