theheroforgaming

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hopefully someone can help me out with this. I'm very much a noob at this, so please bear with me.

I have the player talk to an NPC with branching dialogue, so that she says something different after talking the first time.

Problem is, after I finish talking with her the first time, the game takes an extra 3 seconds to close the dialogue box, and I lose control.

Music still plays, but none of my commands do anything. Why is this?

Thanks for any help.

Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 11.00.38 AM.png

Balako

PattyCake assosiation
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
N/A
is the shopkeeper talked to switch connected to another event??

do you have another event in the place that is autorun??

theheroforgaming

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nothing is autorun. There ARE other events that are controlled by the same switch, but they're not even in the same map.

Balako

PattyCake assosiation
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
N/A
the only reason that problem would happen (to me anyways) is when an event doesnt finish probably and keeps running...

you have a condition branch.. does it lag after you do the if one, or the else one??? flow charting through your events will make it a lot easier to detect the problem :D

Last edited by a moderator:

theheroforgaming

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It lags when I do the main one, not the "else". I also tried attaching the "turn on switch" to a door: same deal, lags, then a freeze.

Balako

PattyCake assosiation
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
N/A
well then, the problem seems to be with the switch, remove the switch and check if the event runs ...if it does then...yup switch ..

theheroforgaming

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I tried it, works. Thanks a lot.

But how do I get the switch to work? This means I can't use switches at all...?

Balako

PattyCake assosiation
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
N/A
i would say its whatever the switchs triggers on, hard to tell without knowing anything really, so what you can do is place a new switch with different number (therefore not attached to any other switch or event)) if the event runs well then its whatever connected to the first switch that is causing the lag.

also consider placing the switch either in the IF or in the ELSE of the condition branch, not outside

theheroforgaming

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, you were right, it's the switch. I tried changing the number of the switch, it still lags. Seems like it's because it's connected to something.

Problem is, all it's connected to is a small event that does nothing but change one tile into another. Help?

Balako

PattyCake assosiation
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
N/A
i really cant do anything without seeing the other things connected to it, try uploading some pictures, maybe i can help then

also if you can tell me what you are trying to achieve someone might have a better way to deal with it

Last edited by a moderator:

theheroforgaming

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think i've found my issue, actually. Thanks for the help.

Balako

PattyCake assosiation
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
N/A
im glad you were able to resolve your issue, have fun :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schpsu5261