RMMV Game idea, Open world, Ancient Maji,

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi all, pretty sure i have the right forum ~,~ sorry pretty new still so not 100% sure, even so i was just reading the rules,

this game is so far a idea, i have been playing around with some mechanics i wont be starting to put the game together until i finish the sprite sheets that im creating,
i have allot of detail on my game so far, this is the 2en version im making of it, the first version was a card game, and very different to the game im currently working on, more so as the first version of Ancient Maji is a table top card game that is not on computer, as of yet, thinking of making that too

(why the hell do i keep giving my self more and more work to do -.-)

disclaimer,
Please be advised that there are several religious elements to my game,
Please be advised that there are several Satanic elements to my game,
Please be advised that there are several graphic elements to my game that some may find disturbing or confronting, including but not limited to,
Slavery, Demons, Devils, Gods, Angels, Sacrificial offerings, Violence, Abuse, Horror elements, nudity, Cannibalism,
Please be advised that there may be graphic detailed storytelling, of violence, abuse, sexual innuendo, self harm that some may find disturbing,
Please be advised, this Game, Storytelling, graphic imagery, may contain some nudity, sexual innuendo, but keeps in the standard of R13, and has no full frontal sex scene's, or excessive full frontal nudity,
The idea's, characters and elements of my game Ancient Maji, are copyrighted,

ok so the idea i'm playing with for the game i want to make is a full open world, it's based on a card game that i have made, though i want to make this digital game to go with the card game when i release it,
the idea of the game is full adventure, fantasy rpg, it has a story line, several story lines so far, ~,~ the idea of that is in the card game the player is able to choose from from a story line quest, in the PC game im thinking of putting most of them if not all, into the game, given you would have a main quest from the start, most likely something to do with the hero character, not sure of that yet, though im thinking something on the lines of coming home from, work? school? the pub? lol, anyway, gets home to see there hole family slaughtered and being devoured by a demon or something,(should note, that while im not planning to make a R rated game, in the darker moments of the game there are a few horror aspects to it, including but not limited to, dragons burning village's, vampires with strict laws, and a love for pure blood, demons that eat babies and slaughter just for a the fun of it, or merely to mess with your head, and lastly but not least, witch's that do messed up stuff, to summon a baylore, to rule the world, now this may be different for each starting point, as the player can choose there hero, from a set list, each one of these heros will be male/female of each of the starting race's you choose one and start off in there home town,
after this happens the hero sets out to get revenge, bringing together a (players choice) party, to go on adventures with from there home town or from the village's and city's the go to,
i have several ideas for the world, though i want to add in a "slice of life" aspect to it, more or less a 2en life kind of thing,

one thing that im keeping to my GUNs about is that there will be NO guns in this game, thats not my fantasy, not my world i hate guns, and i think they ruin fantasy games, this is my opinion, i know that some people like guns in fantasy games though i dont, thats just me, for example i love finial fantasy, though FF10.2, i never played any of the gunner garment, FF12, i loved Barthello, who didnt, he was a cool steam punk pirate, that used a gun, so i never played him, sad yes but i just could not get into it, wakka with his blitz-ball of death was better and i maxed him out every time! not as fast as Rikku but still, (what she was cute! >.>) (mind i loved wakka also lol he was cool,)

so these are some of the base mechanics for the game, though the most basic ones i wont bother mentioning, im wondering what people think of these systems, any input would be great,
spell system,
all characters can use psychic magic, though i have been thinking about locking out elemental magic, so only characters with a equipped mana gem can use them (each elemental spell will require a item equip to the character to use it, ie, fire ball, will require a ruby crystal, either equip to the characters armor/weapon even rings and cuffs, or permanently inserted into the body, swallowed or something)
though in saying that, there may be ways to destroy the gem, as late game gems will be better, and also give stats,

food system,

as i want to have a slice of life aspect to the game, i want to have it that characters have to be fed, i know that this can be annoying, though i have a reason for it, will explain in asset and care,
as for the food system by it self, im thinking of having a states effect added for when a characters "hunger stat" is under a set level, it will add the effect hungry, this effect limits the characters stats, to about half, but when the characters hunger is down to 0, it will not be able to act at all,
i wanted to have it though that the characters will get hungry at set times, but now im thinking about making it, after each battle, each action of the battle that consumed Mana, or stamina will reduce the hunger stat, keeping it full means that your other stats such as SP or mana, recover at the end of battle, or maybe just faster, Hp wont be effected by hunger, other then taking damage, if its low,

Assets and care characters,
assets and care characters are basically the same with only a few difference's,
assets are mostly wild, they are more or less pets with rare ability's or powerful attacks, in saying that assets can attack, but will never become a character, so you cant fully control them,
i want to have assets set up as sort of a guest party member, you cant control them, but should be able to ask for there help in battle, not sure how i would feed a command to them though, most assets have some kind of rare ability, such as the race harpy's, are very useful, are worth allot of gold and you can farm high yield healing potions from them (harpy's milk) as well other items,
anyway assets = pets cant control them but will take part in battle,
one thing to keep in mind about assets is that, assets are young, and tameable, you cant tame a older monster, or character, unless they are intelligent, and at that point you would have to pay them, assets unlike care characters would require a taming item, taking harpy's again, harpy's like meat, so if you had some fresh meat, you would be able to tame them, but they also eat fruit, and would enjoy that also,

care characters are characters that give small to large bonus's to the character, though these characters cant fight, but should be in combat, as they will have hp, and collect exp, a care character is more or less a baby or toddler, most of the time these characters are quest based, but if you really wanted to you could buy one, (not making a R rated game though i have been thinking you could make one also, with no graphic detail,) the ability's these characters would give would be a few different abilities some rare, some common, such as a boost in magic, or defense, as a cost to keeping them you would not be able to carry as many items, like assets they have some spells or abilities that can be cast, but at first they would be random, after leveling up they will learn to cast them at will, unlike assets care characters are able to become a normal character, after you get them to a set care level they can develop into a new character and keep there care class abilities, as well stats, but start out as a character as a level 1, novice,
one other thing about care characters is that if you have a care character, one can be named a heir, meaning that if the owning character die's the heir will take on all current quests and items owned by said character, given if this happens the player will loose several hours of play, and the care character will be fast forwarded to novice level 1, given that is only if the care character thats named heir is not already a novice level 1 or over,

given asset and care characters cant take care of them self's, the character would be required to take care of them, feeding them mostly, and each character should only be able to have 1, you could tame more then 1, but having them equip to you is somewhat like a item,

slave's are not the same as assets and care characters though they fall under the same feeding rule, they will die if there not fed, and the owner has to feed them. slaves can be brought from slave markets or black markets sometimes, can can come in the 3 different forms, characters (party members) assets or care characters, there are also race's that you cant get as a starting character, there will be a few generic slave's of each different type and race to each market,

the hero as you would think is the main character, representing you, if they die, you would thus wise lose the game, thats how it works in the card game and i would like to keep it like that, though as for your party, if any member of your party dies (including the hero) as long as the battle dose not end, they can be resurrected,(there are some race upgrades that require the hero to die for a moment, like zombies, ghosts, so if they die, and are not resurrected by the end of battle or comes back to life, or undead, game over,)
the rest of the party though, after the battle ends, will suffer permanent death, in the case that the character dies outside of battle, (normally not possible) its for a story line reason or there having a race change, in saying that i plan on making ALLOT of characters, that the player can find and choose from, given they would have to do quests, for most, then again, there are other ways of getting party member's for what ever reason you cant find any new characters, you can also buy a slave from some black markets, or a slave market, or hire a mercenary, given i wont be making allot of mercenary's i will make a male/female for the main class's as if they die, you can just go hire a new one, as for the slave's i think ill be adding in several generic ones that when die, will become available to buy again,
should mention there is 1 or 2 other world quests that make it possible to return a character back to life, but there rare and a 1 off, i think most players would be more interested in finding a new other world character such as a angel, cherub, demon or devil,
this is more or less 2 sides of the same coin, 1 side can, but wont betray you, the other side is only in it for the gold, if you cant pay, they will leave or attack you, on the other note, you don't have to train a mercenary, as you can hire them at the level you want, but a slave will usually be level 1 to start off with, though there treated like a normal character after that, given this in the end would be better then a mercenary, but takes time, to get them to a usable level,

as for party members i want to set up a "home" sort of base, this could be a camp or something, even a inn, were once you enter, all the characters you have active (max 9 usable in party 2, + each can have a care or asset character,) you wont be able to switch out the hero, though if i can work out how to do it, you can pass the title of hero, down to the heros care character

characters have a race, while the player can only choose from humans, elves, nymphs, dwarfs, and wood elves, i may change this add or remove some race's all and all from the card version i have over 176 different race's not including demi humans, animals, fish, mythical or magic animals and dinosaurs, though out of all the only playable character race's will be intelligent race's so no monsters, there are some other race's though that are sort of rebirth race's, IE zombies, demons and some others,
demi humans are intelligent but i wont be making them a starting race, like in allot of different story's, games, demi humans in my world are looked down on, as there half animal, there thus wise treated as a animal, full blooded race's though like deep mermaids or harpys are treated like monsters even if they are intelligent, and thus wise most live in the wild, in saying that though mermaids are not always treated like monsters, most are mistaken for deep mermaids, and given they dont leave the water very often, there not seen that much, so if i end up putting in underwater maps (god knows how ~,~) i may make mermaids a starting race, but on land they will be more or less human, theres also fairy's, in the card game fairy's are playable characters but there home is the fey, and that is literally another world,

Abrion is the world that the game is set on, some basic info about the system goes like this,
Abrion rotates around a giant crystal moon, (Abrion is about the size of our sun, were the Crystal moon is about 100* the size of our sun,) there are several livable planets in the system, the first is Abrion, it has 3 suns that rotate around Abrion it self, and 2 moons, the crystal moon has 1 sun that rotates around it,
another planet is the Fey, the world of the Fairy, the fairy are able to travel back and forth from the Fey to Abrion as well as the other livable planets in the system, though this is a secret to them only known by a few who live on Abrion, if the party has a Nymph capable of going into divine form, that nymph will be invited in the fey, as nymphs are of the fey, but are long lived mortals, story line goes if a nymph can become a fairy, if they go and live in the fey, thus becoming immortal while there, but they can never leave other wise they would die of old age, anyway the fairy believe that divine form is fairy magic, and will allow them and there party into the fey,
as another 2 basic worlds, though not physically apart of the solar system, they are heaven and hell, given that, the 2 worlds are separated into kingdoms and are known as the kingdoms of heaven, and the layers of hell, in saying that it is possible to die and go to one of them, if you take a quest, you will be able to make it into one of these 2 worlds for a short time, but saying short time, the quest idea im playing around with will give you only several try's and have a time limit on each, given that, you also wont have your party with you, it will be hard, but you may just be able to wake up past party members and or find new members,

one thing i love about multi choice games is the choice to be good or bad, are you more worried about money, or doing the right thing? do you just want to kill everyone, or take slaves and work them to death, lastly how others react to your character after you do this opening up new quests or closing other quests, being able to take on new jobs, that are specifically for bad or good characters (IE a good character would not be a assassin, and a bad character would not be a priest)
though i say i want to add this in, i dont know how i would control it, ~,~ a switch, controlled by variable that counts every choice the player makes on that character? then have that switch each npcs text command from normal reaction to a negative reaction, given if im able to do this, the reaction would be set to active leading character, rather then the hero,

not sure if im going to do this yet, and i will need to work out how to do it, i dont plan on running the game on a server, rather a P2P network, meaning player 1 could create a room, and allow several others to join, open networked or closed,
this would allow a player to get help from a friend to finish a quest, and given i add this in, there would be some multiplayer quests, that would require another player to finish,
in saying that, if you go online, your still playing the same game, the same characters, the same save file, as the offline version, and when you go offline, that progress would be saved. as this technically dose not sit into the description of a MMORPG, i would not like it, but i would not be overly worried about cheating and hacking the game, as the point of it being a closed network between friends is that you know who your playing with, and the option of having a open network is user beware as for the characters looking similar, i will be having it that you can change the fashion on the character your using so each clone character should have some difference's

Ok this is the last thing im adding,
the job class system is interchangeable, each character starts out as a novice, and can do quests to open up new jobs, though you cant switch in battle, outside of battle you may switch back and forth, but you will lose the abilities of the other jobs, until you switch back to that job, i want to have a job thats able to use abilities of other jobs the character knows, though this job would be a limited, a legendary like job, and extremely hard to get, if i end up putting it in, still not sure,
Development, each character starts off in the game at a different point in there life, the development system, in example, if you get a character thats say 10 years old, at level 1, at level 15 a option opens up for a development equipment to be attached, this would make the character sprite look older, meaning rather then having the body of a 10 year old, they would then have the body of a 25 year old, in the original game (the card version) there was 2 development stage's per character, i want to keep this the same, as it is a trade mark staple of the game, taking it out, would be like taking evolution out of some other games,
now in saying that, you may also get a character that starts out at 60 years old, while at the start of the game this character would have some higher stats, at level 15, they would have access to the Development, and turn into a 75 year old, for a human, this would mean that there Hp would take a hit, and there growth would be limited, meaning they would only be able to take at most, 1 development, trying to activate a 2en development on this character would have a high chance it would kill them, as they would be 90 years old, the stat growth of there main stat would increase, but there Hp would get so low, without extremely high Defence, 1 hit from a normal monster would kill them, going into a boss fight, would be instant death,
let alone if im able to work out the online play aspect,

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It all sounds very ambitious. I would be interested in seeing what your ideas look like when you've come a bit further in terms of production.

However, I don't like anything that includes showing any images or scenes of babies/children being murdered or harmed in any way. So if it ends up including anything like that, it's a hard pass for me.

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It all sounds very ambitious. I would be interested in seeing what your ideas look like when you've come a bit further in terms of production.

However, I don't like anything that includes showing any images or scenes of babies/children being murdered or harmed in any way. So if it ends up including anything like that, it's a hard pass for me.
lol thanks for your comment, yes when i work on something i tend to push my limit, not afraid of the work, but when i go into detail yeah i can go into ALLOT of detail ~,~

not planning on showing any direct scenes, but more implying them, at most, probably a small cut scene before the event or battle to set the picture for the player, i dont think i would be able to do the after image ~,~, anyway, just to make a evil character ever more so evil, make the player hate them and then it feels more satisfying defeating them, and makes it so the player will want to stop them,
given that though there are some quests where the.... um... reward? (lack of a better word) in it is a care character, that opens up other quests, as of yet i only have 2 of these quests written out, both are there own story line in and of them self's (protect the princess kind of quest - and - protect the world by stopping a baylore from being summoned, or killing it after fact,)

while i do plan on adding in a horror aspect to my game, i dont really want to do sickening scenes that make the player, hate the enemy less, and or more so hate the game, or me ~,~ lol

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So have you started creating things for the game in the maker? Or are you still in the storyboard phase?

Also, I know you stated this game will be based on a card game you've already created. So I am curious what kind of game will this be? You just mentioned you're going for some horror aspects in the game. I am assuming it will have a lot of RPG elements, since you mentioned a magic system and job system. I'm just wondering how big a part battle mechanics will play into the game, or if it will be more story focused?

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So have you started creating things for the game in the maker? Or are you still in the storyboard phase?

Also, I know you stated this game will be based on a card game you've already created. So I am curious what kind of game will this be? You just mentioned you're going for some horror aspects in the game. I am assuming it will have a lot of RPG elements, since you mentioned a magic system and job system. I'm just wondering how big a part battle mechanics will play into the game, or if it will be more story focused?
currently im working on the Sprites for the game, though im thinking about making a stand alone Demo testing out the mechanics for the game, though the demo wont be using the custom sprites, ill be using default sprites for the demo, if and when i make it, ill i most likely wont be going much past 2 or 3 chapters in the main story line quests,

im aiming for a story line rpg, though i think the best way to describe what im aiming for, would be a choose your own adventure story? given that though i plan on having options for the player to choose combat over talking, idea of that is, sometimes choosing to go with a easy choice would close off latter option's, then again sometimes there will be a reward in it no matter, just different rewards depending on your choice's
Lucy (my avatar) is a street rat, more over a thief, she loves apples and is a nymph, most nymphs are very caring and often think with there stomach
after collecting a few open quests in the main human city, a quest giver NPC will approach you, telling you about Lucy and her brother, and that the merchants have had it with the 2, over the years they have gotten away with allot, and all thats happened to them is that they have been abused and beaten, though the merchants want them gone now, in the past all they stole was fruit and vegetables, apples and carrots to be more specific,
there miss guided, nymphs are innocent in nature, being of the fey, there race is usually reclusive, so not many normal people know of them, other then adventurers, most elves know of them also,

can you get them to stop, somehow, get them away from the city, just dont let the merchants guild catch them other wise, i dont know what they will do to them, but killing them now would be a mercy,
  • i will talk to them, but i wont promise anything
  • doing this you will trigger a event allowing you to go into a deeper dialog with Lucy or Ricky, talking to 1 will get you little information, but offering them there favorite food will get them to tell you why there stealing more then what they need, but you need to talk to both to get the full clue, if you can get them to understand there master is using them, they will turn on him and you can ask them to join your party, opening a sub quest, taking them to the rest of there race, to make a new life, (this can dismiss them permanently though the player could choose to keep them in the party, or even come back to get them latter,)
  • i dont want anything to do with this,
  • choosing this option will open up another quest, were a merchant will try to attack the 2, fails, after this a few items go missing from both a weapon shop and armor shop, and the 2 then become allot more aggressive to the town, stealing more then what they need, being groomed by a old thief, to do his dirty work, and pay off his debets, the merchant will then approach you and offer you a large reward for killing them, and returning there bodies to the merchant as proof, given you take this quest, that will remain open if you dont, you will get a 2en chance to take on the ending for the first quest, though you would have to convince each of them b4 they kill you, or you kill them, if you did convince them though you automatically fail the quest, given this ending for the quest, there was a few other extensions i had for this, including rather then killing them, the reward is doubled if you can in slave them for the merchant, i dont know if ill be adding this part in.
  • so is there a reward?
  • if you ask this, the NPC will offer you a small amount, though she will also offer you the items that the 2 have stolen in payment, doing this though the NPC will make it a requirement that there not killed, that you have to get them away from the city, you will only get 2 extra items doing this though, a fashion change for the 2 once there in the party,

putting it like this, all 3 options have kill quest in them, though the 1st and 3ed have a talking aspect to them, 2 dose as well though its short, and force's you to fail the quest, though if i put in the extra idea for quest 2, there is a chance for opening up a class, and Lucy's revenge quest, that will include killing the merchant and depending on the choice's the hero,

something i want to add in, is a variable that counts every negative and positive choice you make, every law you brake, i would not do this with all characters though characters like guards and knights would turn aggro, if you brake the law, and have not gone to jail, going to jail means you would loose some gold and exp though if you choose negative choices allot, then some NPC's would refuse to serve you or try and extort you, others may be just scared of you, and others would open service to you, thinking your safe to take there darker quests or goods to. doing this though will take allot more work as every main npc would have different switch's and different actions for them.

something i was going to put in, though when talking to some members of the gamer group i play with, common opinion was doing a auto save system so that the player cant back track due to a ill considered choice rather then a save option, would become annoying and probably a issue with memory usage,

Last edited:

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds like some good ideas, very ambitious. Looking forward to seeing more when you get that demo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.
I'm sorry about earlier. I have the most hate and the most love for my art at the same time. Felt bad about my thread because I wasn't listening, and because I made it out of a bad mindset to begin with. S'another Thursday for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ambiant23