CodeHunterEx

Hunter of the Perfect Code
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Mostly everyone gets their inspiration from other games, but I wonder, has anyone received any inspiration from television or movies.
Maybe a book they read?

To make this a bit more interesting, lets remove some that I don't think fit:
television shows and movies based on games: Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, Doom, Mario Brothers, etc.

If you have received inspiration from tv or movies, or books even, please post I'd like to hear it.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The "other games" inspiration was mostly for the mechanic or gameplay I think. Something like "This mechanic looks cool, so why not to try to put in my game?"

The other inspiration source like television, movies, or even random youtube video mostly is for the lore / story contents. I watched a lot of science video up to the point that I explained a lot in scientific ways of my world building, if that counts. Sometimes I lose some of the fantasy world aesthetic bcz I was too eager to explain all of it, and it becomes too scientific.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
the first scene I came up with, was almost a carbon copy of Gladiator's opening battle.
the interaction between the main characters? Steve, Danno and Max from Hawaii 5-0, or Kirk/Bones/Spock from Star Trek.
the main storyline? War of the Ring, turning Dominion War, from Star Trek DS9.
opening of the third act? Pirates of the Caribbean, specifically Black Pearl vs Endeavour vs Flying Dutchman.
the ending? "Lighting the Beacons" from LOTR.
how does that all fit together? I don't know.

soooo...... yyyyeah.
almost 100% is inspired by movies/TV

Lord Kuro

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The inspiration for much of my stuff is r/WritingPrompts, urban legends, and combinations of the two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I cloned an event in MV today.
Just got two custom tracks for my game. Things are shaping up nicely. :)
Remember, life is sh*t. But it will difinitely be less sh*t in the future! Stay happy everyone ^^ ...*continues to die inside*
Why is it that every time I take a short break from here, we get a new moderator?
Stream will be going live early today as I will be working on some music before I transition to art! When I switch to art, I will be focusing on making a new stream avatar~ Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boredguy851