Game lags after exiting event processing?

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I set up a sequence of events and after the events end, the game lags like crazy. It also prevents other events from occurring once it ends. The lag started happening since I added a big monster spawning. 

I know it is not my computer because I never lagged in MV and my specs are pretty high. The issue might be because it is the Steam Mac version, but i don't know for sure. Also, in the console, nothing shows up once the lag starts. 

I noticed that even if i extend the event/cutscenes, the game runs smoothly all the way until the whole event ends. I've used control switches to end events. What can I do to get rid of the lag? Tell me if you want to know any specifics about whatever else I'm using!

After this event is when the lag begins:

I don't know if this is considered a lot for eventing but visually it works just the way I want to!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Check your parallel processes.  A badly written parallel process can cause lag even on developer PCs.

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Check your parallel processes.  A badly written parallel process can cause lag even on developer PCs.
I only had one parallel event and even when I took it off, the lag still happened after the sequence of events. For other events, I used Player Touch and only one auto run.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you can't find the cause by yourself, then please post screenshots of all event pages for us to check.

Most probably it'll be a broken or empty parallal process, but there are a few other ways how events can cause lag.

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you can't find the cause by yourself, then please post screenshots of all event pages for us to check.

Most probably it'll be a broken or empty parallal process, but there are a few other ways how events can cause lag.
Ill post screen shots in a bit!

I'll update my first post

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is not your computer - it is your events.

When you say it stops other events happening, do you mean the game freezes when your cutscene ends? Can you move at all? Can you turn in different directions and access the menu? Do other events, if you have any, that have movement routes, still move?

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It is not your computer - it is your events.

When you say it stops other events happening, do you mean the game freezes when your cutscene ends? Can you move at all? Can you turn in different directions and access the menu? Do other events, if you have any, that have movement routes, still move?
Meaning after the event, I lag so much as if everything is going slow motion and when I try to go on a "Player Touch" event or trigger an "Action Button" event, nothing happens. I also cant access the menu. 

If i set up events to occur right after the event i posted above^^^, it still runs smoothly, but by the time the player controls the game, it starts to lag. 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If i set up events to occur right after the event i posted above^^^, it still runs smoothly, but by the time the player controls the game, it starts to lag.
Then the problem is not in the event you posted, but somewhere else.
Best guess: check your common events in the database, especially the unused events.

You're turning on switch 001 in that event, and if you switch a common event to parallel process, the default trigger will be switch 001.

So most probably you have one of your unused CEs changed to parallel process and you're switching that empty parallel on by the event above, creating the lag.

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Then the problem is not in the event you posted, but somewhere else.

Best guess: check your common events in the database, especially the unused events.

You're turning on switch 001 in that event, and if you switch a common event to parallel process, the default trigger will be switch 001.

So most probably you have one of your unused CEs changed to parallel process and you're switching that empty parallel on by the event above, creating the lag.
Ahhhh! Thank you so much! I didnt know that Common Event 1 was set to Control Switch 1. I changed the CE1's switch and then I set the switch off after the event is over and everything is running smoothly.  :D   :D   :rock-right:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It isn't by default. You have done that yourself, and possibly forgotten that you'd done it.

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It isn't by default. You have done that yourself, and possibly forgotten that you'd done it.
Ah, that probably happened when I was playing around with every feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.
Watching Dragon Quest: Your Story on Netflix and already like 5 mins in we've passed over like 3 hours of gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtsyWeasel