Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GMD Day 2

Still working on Gamut, still laying out tiles.

Blue +1

Last edited by a moderator:

DuncanS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 2~!

Most of my time today was spent debugging/fixing up scripting stuff to do with my shop system (inspired by Persona 4 and my friend Taka!).

img-11.pngThat's not going to be of much use for slaying monsters... what's this..?

img-02.pngimg-03.png

Time to get to work...

img-06.pngimg-08.pngimg-07.pngimg-09.png

Phew! Seems like we got everything we need. (Props to Galv and his awesome popup script!)

img-04.pngimg-01.pngimg-05.png

Great! Looks like that Battle Axe should be in stock!

img-10.png

... Welp, back to work.
This. This for hours. At least it works well now!

Blue Team, fighting~!

MyLordRobinson

Emperor of Carnelia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First Entry.

I've been working on some mapping for my first area. I used a battleback parallax as inspiration and I've made it into a decently sized ship area for the player to use for the tutorial/introduction sequence.

I present to you, Our Lady's Grace.

Anthyny

Mantis
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Day 2

An hour to work on each of these went by SURPRISINGLY faster than I expected. :/

Kenneling

Progressed the storyline a bit after the players enter the small cave that then leads them the first Mini-Game/Action Sequence of the game.

It's going to be swimming through an underground river with a air bubble surrounding you. If you bump into three things, the bubble will pop and then your character will freak out and go back up to the surface. The eventing is proving to be a hassle with so many little errors that I keep overlooking. Lol.

Here, you can have this screen because I think she's cute.

The Return

Since I spent most of the time being frustrated at the eventing for Kenneling, I kinda ran short on time and only got around to organizing the tilesets for this game. I'll try and make up for it tomorrow. :3

RandomCocktail

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Day 2 (February, 5th) wasn't as productive as yesterday, but I kept this project of mine advancing!

What I've done today: Finished doing my character balancing and by doing so, I had an idea that the player can

buy squads that will come to help the player's forces in the next battle, which few of them comes with a new

party members (Yuuma Izvak and Maëlys Hika were born by that wonderful idea, the first being a melee

assasin unit and the latter, being another of the few physical ranged units! I plan to have 5 "buyable" party

members available at shady dealers. Like Pokémon, you gotta find them all! (they will be hard to find!))

tried to convince a friend of mine to become a scripter for me but I still have no positive feedback about it;

posted on the forums a script request for RGSS2 for my project with the best description possible; tried to map

but alas, couldn't spit out a new tile on my maps (seems this is a major flaw on my side)...

The new idea for buying squads, I guess it made the day!

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EVERYONE is doing awesome.  I was going to try to make responses to what I really liked, but the list went on.  Let's keep going!

Day 2: Thursday 2/6

So I decided to spend my time working on a boss, The Necromancer, hoping to knock it out pretty quickly.  Well... I didn't. With plenty of testing, and what I would of liked to see executed, there was a lot of tweaking that was involved to keep the battle engaging.  I like how it turned out.  Casual mode still feels pretty casual...I may tone down the difficulty after beta testing with a group, but we shall see.  For now, the Zzzzs.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
DAY 3

I only got to work on my game during lunch at work today (courtesy of my new Surface Pro, which is taking a bit of getting used to).

I worked a little on a set of intermingled side quests in an area that I'm trying to finish off, and started on a new set of sidequests in a new area. At the moment I'm just documenting everything - who are the NPCs, what they do and say at each point in the sequence of events, what items I need to add to the map to cater for them. Still trying to figure out an easier way to keep track of all this ... wondering if I should just "get in and do it" but knowing I'll risk leaving things incomplete and only find them during beta testing. Wish there was an easier way to get what's in my head, into the game :(

Mike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 3

I worked more on my custom sprite script to display more type of action. It runs, but it does ******ed stuffs, so I need to fix that. I basically spent all the time expanding my custom sprite script. I'll add gif in 2 days to display what it has come to be by then. : x

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like Brett's boss battles, they seem very interesting and require a lot of strategy to achieve victory (which is a great thing if you ask me). I also use Thalzon's battlers in my game, he saved my life with his awesomeness.

-

Anyway, I wish you good luck to everyone, I can't really join this kind of competitions because I'm a lazy moron...XD

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Day 3

So again, I didn't get much done today. I had an appointment and a visitor which took up time, so...

That said, I did do some RMing which is yay~

Mainly again working on the characters. I resolved an issue I had with Mikehl - namely how he meets and joins the party. It makes a lot more sense now - well, as much sense as this game will make. ^.^; I also tried to get a feel for some of the others with a bit of fictional writing using prompts from the new Ideas in Ink (check it out if you feel like writing). I probably post them up in that topic after I refine them a bit more.

I gave mapping a skip today and instead devoted some time to databasing, too. Trying to come up with something new for items can be a hassle, especially when you don't want to use Potions or Vials. I'm considering not using any items and just relying on skills instead. It's a relatively short game so that should work out okay, but we'll see how that goes when it's time to balance.

Weapons and armour are another thing altogether. I do like giving the players upgrades and I'm thinking about adding on-equip skill learning with some sort of gem instead of using actual equipment. I've an old idea I wouldn't mind recycling where your equip determines how you level and you gain more equips by 'drawing' souls from enemies - so say you have a turtle creature, drawing out it's soul will give you an item that gives a perma-bonus on leveling. I'm thinking about holding it for another game instead, though, since this one will be quite short - maybe the remake of the older game that I used it in first... which will be done some time this year. But yeah, still working on sorting that system out.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I haven't done much because of a stupid cold that's been bothering me for a week now...ugh.

Today I did something RM-related but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about it lmao. I was helping a friend with her sideview animation sprites for something special. I've made a few tiles that I can't show here yet. There's another RPG Maker related thing I worked on but that was mostly where we fleshed out ideas and for some reason the guidelines wasn't written yet in our team boards. I'm looking at you Ksi e.e

Finished a sprite for a friend's game.

Other than that, I just woke up and remembered to report my progress. ;w;

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Day 3

Go, Team Red!

I wish I've gotten more done in an hour than this, but oh, well, it is what it is..

-------------------- Before ---------------------------------------------- After

I can't figure out how to shade the white jacket, but I call the new picture progress. Little, but progress. Still not finished.

vociferocity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
day 3...

...has been a disaster x__x

in the wee hours of the morning I realised that changing the game's graphics halfway through is a beautifully ridiculous thing to do, and so when I sat down today, the first thing I did was undo all that effort. first few cutscenes & final cutscene & first area: back to the old style. (although I've left a couple of the character sprites in the ds style because they seem a little more diverse! like, even if all the faces have brown hair/red eyes, it's cool to have blue haired, green haired, & blonde haired maids)
after that painful hour, I got down to actual business. I've been putting off working on sidequests, because ugh, but tonight is the night!! I worked out which ones I had totally evented, which ones needed editing, which ones were just bad plans, and which ones needed to be totally invented from scratch. I edited 2 and invented 8, and there are still 2 from earlier that still need to be evented - so overall, ten to event. I'll probably start on that tomorrow x__x gotta clean up a map I started building today for one of the sidequests, as well

I also edited the main boss fights after realising the sprites I'm using are on the 'damage' sheets - those scenes will be more entertaining now, I think :) and tracked down a couple of cool looking windowskins. neither of them were perfect on their own, but after some quick photoshopping, I have a super cute windowskin!

so it started out bad, but I ended up being pretty productive, I think!

DustyCat Media

Indie Game Purrfector
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Day 3

I finalized the hero's design for today! :) I'm pretty contented on what he looks like. As for his sister, I'm still not sure on what her outfit will be (my partner told me her outfit consists of a blue vest, a sleeveless short, a blue skirt, and short brown boots.)

Designing clothes in chibiform is simple and less time consuming :)

The protagonist's sister. I'm still not sure on what her clothes will look like. 

Arkecia

Database Queen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm going to be very busy tonight, so this morning I worked on:

Day 3

The challenge of the day was to make a tree that matched the rest of my current tile objects. I swear I'm going to dream about the damn trees for many nights to come.

I bunched up all of my object tiles so far (made flower grass darker so it's more visible) into an image to share here:

And here they all are in the same big map; the last time I'll be showing it since it was just to test the tiles out:

Other than that I mapped out some dialogue in my head that goes towards a cannibalistic villain given the title "The Butcher". Crazy with a sane demeanor? Check. 

Also made a rough outline of my title screen, but I may just keep its simplistic design instead of adding detail; we'll see.

Tomorrow I'm going to start creating the outside and inside city tiles, but not sure which to start with first. I do feel like making cabinets, so perhaps that's where I'll be headed.

What I learned today: Trees, oh god the trees!

ChaoticLapras

A Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 3:

Today, I did nothing.

Today, I made the interior of all of Pograhden! I ended up getting to RM earlier than usual, and so I worked on FoD for a bit too, balancing out bosses.

But, RoR.

Yeah, as stated, I made the maps in Pograhden. I also did most of the eventing, the old man's house still needs a lot more work, but that is only because I'm trying to make a unique side-quest system with events! Anyway... Shop:
Inn:
Houses:
'Old Man''s House (this guy gets named by Ralph) (The guy behind Ralph is the old man guy):

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have so many things I want to say about everyone's updates, but I'm going to keep the chatter down like Shaz wants. But I have to say a few things. First off, Shaz, why aren't you in team yellow with me?  Second, R4B, I understand but I'm so sad about the new art style! What are you going to do with the beautiful art you've made already?

DAY 3

Made another much needed cliff tile, one made of of rock instead of dirt. It's just the repeating section though, no edges. I then fixed some perspective on the stone wall.

That's the point where I got distracted again and started trying to put together overworld tiles. I made some trees and made a start on the ground tiles.

Considering the day I had yesterday I'm not going to worry about not meeting my personal goals.

Hollow

(◡‿◡✿)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
GMD Day 3 - February 6, 2014

*Worked more on secret stuff.

*Attempted to make a character template

*Discovered articy:draft has a limit to how many entry fields you can have in a template.

*Grumped about that for a while.

*Condensed original template to display only information that is (at least somewhat) vital to the game.

*(Part of the) Final Result:

*I still need to add pictures and create the Weapon, Shield, etc. objects

*I filled out this completed PC template for two other characters

*And I also completed a similar template for Major and Minor NPCs.

Digi Arn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Day 3!! and sorry for the late post got carried away this morning and didn't realize at the time that I was going to be late for work...  and if only, as good an excuse as it is, my work would buy me being late due to RPG making!

I spent around 2.5 hours this morning and a little while last night before bed typing dialogue, this is a wonderful process of me typing an entire scene into word and then pasting it from word into RM and shifting the sentences to fit inside the text boxes. I also worked on events associated with the scene which the dialogue is for making the character and NPC movement fit and created an enemy sprite and face to go with the scene.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS