R4B

✨Coffee is my spirit animal✨
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Day 3

Did I mention I'm working on a Rune Factory type of game?
No, the character will not suffer from amnesia.

...Anyways...
So today I've been working on getting the farming system to work properly. until now I've only had a placeholder system which only had one crop and since it's such a important part of the game I thought I might as well finish it while I wait for my new tablet to arrive. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Game Making Drive, Day 3. February 6:

Worked on two important systems extensively and have about figured them both out.

1. Hordes: Rather than having random encounters or even on map encounters where you never know how many enemies are chasing you at once, I decided I'd make the entire enemy party visible on map so that you know exactly what enemies you should be most cautious around. This proved a little more complicated than I had at first believed because if you just have them follow the 'leader' event then you run the risk of the follower zombies boxing their leader into a corner and effectively stopping movement for all. Likewise you can't make them transparent without them going through solid objects and stuff and even doing a check to see if the leader has a path to go on and if not make the followers temporarily transparent as he passes doesn't work because they'll still occasionally step onto an unwalkable tile and then get stuck there so that had to be accounted for as well. Mostly done now except they happen to take one step on unpassible tiles occasionally but no longer get stuck.

2. Stealth: Basically just an areal radius around a horde in which if you come into they will attack you. Then added functionality replacing the dash key with a stealth key that reduces that area slightly and even more so if you hide behind something like bushes or a tree. This one was much easier to accomplish than the first one.

Other than that I just finished up a lot of database functions, hopefully tomorrow I can finish up work on the core game-play stuff and move on to actually progressing the game.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Feb 7, 2014

So, got to finish the other new mode for Chicken Games 2.0 and also a release video. Will update it tomorrow after the vid gets up.

here's a screenie of the new mode:

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day3: THE END OF MAPPING IS HERE!

Actually there's still custcene and some puzzle fixes that I can't do yet, but the gross of the maps are DONE F*CK YEAH. (stuff you autocensor)

So tomorrow I start on the eventing. Ahah.

Ahahahaha....

Ha...

*curls into a ball and cries*

***** MY LAST DUNGEON BE FABULOUS! (I refuse to change the tiles, it's too late. I spent too much time on them ¬¬)

Jonnie91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day 3:

(I swear I keep updating immediately after Indrah..every day :p )

Today, was a day of me working on the following trailer:

Also I finished off and Released Winter Caves! as part of VXAN's restaff :D

That's about what I did today with regards to RPG Maker stuff :D

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 3

- Today I worked on some more alpha testing (ugh the boss is beatable now!).

- I've also started and still working on a few naughty secret drawings.

So by quantity standards it may not be a lot, but man did it eat up my entire evening...

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day 1

-Worked on adding a priority system to my ai script to my game

-also worked on the script for my game with my partner (doubled the size of the outline)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First off, Shaz, why aren't you in team yellow with me?
I did consider team yellow after I learned that was for mods. I may switch if green ends up with too many people (they're trailing at the moment, so unlikely). Also, my stalker would not be able to follow me to team yellow and I would miss him/her ;)

McTricky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Day 3:

No work on my game. Instead, I started up plans for the Encounter of the Boss Kind competition. Came up with characters, and started planning skill sets. Wasn't a whole lot though. Was at uni all day and didn't come back till really late ><

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Day Three

I'm pretty exhausted from work, so I didn't get nearly as much done as I would have preferred.

• Tweaked the game over common event, largely graphically: Paused all map updates when it's displayed, dimmed the map, changed the player sprite, etc.
  • Solved a potentially game crashing script bug that came to light while testing the game over changes.
Might yet tweak it a little bit, but it's conceptually done.

MyLordRobinson

Emperor of Carnelia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Second entry.

This is the first "Free-roam" area of the project, The Port Town of Jüblee (Joo-Blee not Jub-Lee). I'll be mapping this for the next day or so. I took the standard Port Town map and I've been tweaking it. I plan to remove most of the castle 'filler' that I've placed around the parameter. While it's obviously geared toward the docking of Our Lady's Grace and other types of seafaring vessels, I want to make some fields and other extra things that will eliminate the wall filler.

OmNomZombie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Day 3

Didn't get a whole lot done today, but I was a bit productive.

*Fixed things in maps I already drew

*Continued on drawing others

EFizzle

Rum aficionado
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
DAY 1:

So due to a basketball game today, I didn't get much done, however, I DID manage to replace the secondary character's commands with something more tactical, adding a tiny MP Regen and a super guard commands will hopefully make my battles more unique!

I also managed to update a little more of the database today, adding in the 4th tier armors now!

I've also mapped out the 1st and 2nd floors of the 3rd dungeon as well, hoping to get that done with by this weekend. I haven't playtested that far yet, so no screenshots sadly :(

Didn't get a ton done, but I managed with the time I had leftover. Basketball games are killer, fun, but exhausting... Man I just want to go to bed...

D4yz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 3

[SIZE=20pt]Caeruleus (Province of Darkness)[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]History[/SIZE]:

[SIZE=12pt]Caeruleus, the land of the forgotten ones. Inhabited by a people thought to no longer exist. Hidden in the shadows. Little is known of Caeruleus. Its rumored to never have even existed before, "The Burden." A land seemingly normal from the outside, yet tarnished with deceit and lies from within. The creatures that inhabit the land harbor no pitty, no remorse, no mercy. A land who's people are determined to re-write the world, though not all of them. A portion of Caeruleus is simply villagers, and townsfolk. Attempting to lead their sheltered lives. Unaware of the secrets hidden within.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Weather[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Weather in Caeruleus is very much normal. Though it's not recommended for anyone to leave their homes at night.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Landmarks[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Abyss, a fracture in the land that has existed as long as people can remember. Partum, surrounded by, "The Fallout." An area where life simply ceased to exist.  Cores of Darkness, spheres that lay scattered across the land eminating of dark energy. Pravus Keep, a twisted and dark structure, abandoned, though formerly housing practitioners of cruel unthinkable magics.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Housing[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]            Low Income - Wooden houses[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]            Medium Income - Stone Houses[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]            High Income - Elaborate Wood and Stone Houses[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Inhabitants[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]            Not much is known of the inhabitants of Caeruleus. Though there are many very normal people, casual hair color and eyes. Some of the inhabitants are anything but normal..[/SIZE]
Nearly missed today. With 20 minutes to spare. What a day..

GO RED TEAM.png

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Getting sleepy. Worked today so wasn't able to get too much done

Day 3

* Finished off another battler

* Did 4 small maps to finish off a dungeon that I had been avoiding

* Fixed a tiny error on the other maps in the same dungeon

* Making the art for the banner in Nessy's link totes counts

* Watched anime (very constructive game dev work)

My baby snow bee :>

Minnow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 3

Didn't get that much done with pixels today, the clouds killed me.

Worked on my database a little bit and fleshed out some side-quest ideas.

Hoping to make a lot more progress tomorrow.

Pretty ready to call this done now.

DuncanS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Archeia - great job on the CSS~!

@Makio-Kuta - the banner is awesome too~ ^^

Looks like I'm going to be switching gears from the 8th to the 15th XD

For today, however:

Spent some time looking at tutorials on sprite creation, and after much fiddling and so on, ended up with these:WaterCharge1.pngWaterCharge2.pngWaterCharge3.pngWaterCharge4.pngWaterCharge5.png

In-game:

in-game03.png

Better looking than my previous attempt, but I'm still learning ^^;

Started working on animations for them, changed the gauge Sprite display script to accommodate step animations.

Lots of additional scripting - mainly bug fixes and decoupling.
Go Blue Team!

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GMD Day 3

Added the Canals, and some areas for the town flora and trees.  Hopefully tomorrow I get to finish adding the rest of the buildings :p

Blue +1

Anthyny

Mantis
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Day 3

An hour to work on each of these went by SURPRISINGLY faster than I expected. :/

Kenneling

More fine-tuning for the underwater tunnel mini-game. A video will be ready soon I think. :3

Then decided to work on changing the placeholder sprites for it a bit.

The Return

Got passed up today again. Lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.

Guess what's next...
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)
so like with the whole 'familiarity breeds contempt thingy', how are you supposed to tell if your title screen/battle music gets really tedious after a few dozen plays or if you're just personally hella sick of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesuProYT