McTricky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Day 4, 5, 6, 7 are absent on account of me not doing RM related work following the burglary I had a few nights ago.

Day 8

Start on a little bit of mapping for my entry for the Encounters of A Boss Kind. Now I'm just writing up the opening cutscene dialog, whilst at the same time coming up with ideas for the boss fight itself.

8P82rVo.png

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 8: Woops I almost forgot to post GMD :I

Wrote a bunch. It feels like a thick and heavy first chapter godamnit, how do I make it less of a lump OTL

Also went over the text script with fomar until after much trying we managed to udnerstadn each other (I swear I seem to be script poison, I always manage to mess things up -_-) and achieved what we needed, so woop woop for that \(TT^TT)/

8P82rVo.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MyLordRobinson

Emperor of Carnelia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 7.

This is a bit of a lore update. Within the first town you come to, you can choose to help this female knight for 700 gold to get her armor and weapons out of customs, or you can bypass her entirely. Anyway, one of the quests requires you to take a warrior priest into a nearby cave to explore, but if you choose to recruit the female knight earlier on, he will not go with you. The reason for this is because she is what is called an Antishean Knight, blessed with the power to perform healing spells without having the capacity to do so. On the other hand, the warrior priest coming with you will make that one quest extremely easy, but depending on who you pick may or may not play out later on in the story. I've been eventing really hardcore all day, but we'll see how it turns out.

PJBsfCi.png

D4yz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My contribution for today.

[SIZE=20pt]Eurus (Province of Wind)[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]History[/SIZE]:

[SIZE=12pt]Eurus, once known as, 'the endless gale'. Known now as, 'the forsaken wastes'. Eurus was once a lively and joyful land. Filled with the dreams and aspirations of many a Wind Soul. It's land, their homes. Its skies, their playgrounds. The neighboring provinces, Ustrina and Imber, continuously attempted to seize the land. Most likely due to Eurus's lack of obvious defense, and it's close proximity to the opposing territories. What Eurus did have however, in no short quantity, was intelligence. Technologies for flight and overall ease of living. Time and time again, with nearly as much joy as throughput, the inhabitants of Eurus would fend off intruders. It's said that in all the countless battles that Eurus had gladly participated in, not a single Soul was ever lost on either side. They wished no harm onto anyone. And attempting to swat at the wind is never very successful. One dreadful night however, seemingly as innocent as any other. The guards sitting vigilantly at their posts, no doubt pondering their time away. When without warning, or the slightest hint of provocation, death swept through the land. Soldiers that bordered inhuman, none of the likes they had ever seen before. Appearing from the shadows and striking down every man, woman, and child alike. Leaving as swiftly as they came, not a single trace of their existing at all. The people of Eurus went to sleep that night never to wake again...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Weather[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The land itself seems to have been forever painted with the pain of that horrid night. Very somber, and dark.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Landmarks[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]There are numerous windmills that litter this mountainous area. Empty towns. Forgotten relics of the past.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Housing[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]            Low Income - Huts[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]            Medium Income - Damaged homes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]            High Income - N/a[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Inhabitants[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]            Though entirely deceased, the inhabitants of Eurus did have common traits. White hair, white eyes, and a very raw intelligence in many. The primary inhabitants of Eurus at this time are just unburdened Souls that happened to migrate a bit north from the mainland. Deciding to plant their roots in this desolate and quiet area, hoping for better lives.[/SIZE]
I seriously have to go to bed, up for 3am to be gone at 4:30am from work to do on site maintainence of a clients blade. A bit rushed on this Bio. v.v

Anyhow-

GO RED TEAM.png

OmNomZombie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Day 8

Didn't get much done today due to being exhausted, but I did do things!

*Worked on writing for side-game and main game

*Redid lines on a parallax background map

*Mapped some maps for GUM

8P82rVo.png

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Day Eight
  • Some script edits, mostly minor bug fixing
  • More testing and minor fixes
  • Some small tileset edits.
8P82rVo.png

Minnow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 8
Entered stats into the database for 30 characters
Started setting up the parallaxes/overlays
Finished Ulrika's walking animation
Another map as well as some small sprite animations.

Finished 30/31 sprites, imported them all put them in the database.

SowXMU3.png

F0XuoBS.png

njzx4eg.png

8P82rVo.png

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Today is my DAY OFF! WOOO! Wait, I have homework. Crap...

To the lot of you that have to report today (Today being Wednesday, 2/12 btw)... Get to it!

GL-HF<3

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Game deved all morning and then worked all evening; let's hope I can remember what all I did!

8P82rVo.png

Day 8

* Did the backview for a sprite that we forgot needed one

* Did the character art for the save screen

* Sketched, lined, and flatted another battleback

* Resketched, lined, and flatted a cutscene image

* Added a thick black outline to older battlers that didn't have one yet

* Did a quick playtest - mostly checking for mouse compatibility

* Found a couple bugs which Rach quickly slaughtered with scripting raid

* Continued to avoid the battleback I don't want to draw :D :D :D :D

Mike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd like to report early. Got a headache, and I'm not feeling well either.

Day qweuhkadsf7wt3r932

I couldn't do much today. I was thinking of starting my battle system engine today, but I'm still debating about pixel movement. I worked a bit on a script request (need to finish them asap so I can fully focus on my own project to pick up the pace : x).

Not much update so far beside installing custom animation for certain character sprites.

clip001300_00_00-00_00_06_zps15d79cf0.gif

PJBsfCi.png

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Worked on the Druid forest.  Formed the finalized tileset.

NnSjSh2.png

This is a start to the redone maps, and getting them looking nicer.  I've started to clutter the mushrooms and give them a bit more personality.  It really is nice to get the hang of mapping where I can plug in events to make it feel more complete graphically, but clipping edges to make objects appear in front of and behind pieces of the tile set.  There are a lot of easy tricks and arrangements that can help make elements look more natural.

NxF3ltx.jpg

My resource artist\scripter did some samples of crystals.  I'll be setting one or two in a pool of water and testing out a small lighting effect.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1g6zrus7g3npu6b/-mH_mEaSZX

The gallery contains a green sample and a clear crystal sample.

Began to update a lot of the resources.  It's funny how just a few new things will really bring out more life from each of the maps. Re-sizing and re-positioning the same graphic in different ways is so nice for variations so nothing looks too uniform.  A forest shouldn't look like it was designed or constructed. Here I've got the mushroom ladder/steps in for the shelf mushrooms. 

I've started work on redoing the elements of the undead nexus and added my animated pumping veins I made from the RTP dried vines.

aPFN6LF.png

2ay5qWi.jpg

PJBsfCi.png
 I finally remembered to do this for myself. 

DuncanS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Today was another eventful day of work on our RM Venture game!

Taka continues to wow me with his amazingness:

[IMG]http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t363/dpsommer/RM%20Venture%20Uploads/title-final.png[/IMG]

Finished title screen~

I spent most of the day spriting and eventing, and managed to write up a bunch of dialogue.

Go Blue Team!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nqImgDg.png[/IMG]

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Day 7
(at least for me since I only do workdays)

PJBsfCi.png

Go, Team Red!

Today I finished the river (whee) and connected the map with the other maps, set up passibilities and started on mapping frame 2 and 3 for the river parts of two maps. Right now I don't see much difference to frame 1 and I hope that I don't totally mess this part up. Hopefully I can animate it correctly in the game.

Small update, but now I have to continue working on some commissioned maps.

vociferocity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Shazzz, I'm missing a point for friday, but I definitely worked on my game & posted about it. I evented a quest, mapped an area, and wrote up all the sidequest descriptions in the quest journal script, I feel like I earned a point! (post here)

today:

I edited a bunch of icons to be used for loot and quest items, set up another quest (sooo close to done with quests x__x), aaaand remapped parts of one of the towns. I feel like I could have gotten more done? but I also needed to pack for the holiday I'm starting tomorrow, haha. speaking of which.../scurries off to finish doing that. see you guys in about a week!!

nqImgDg.png

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 6

Just some minor work on the games

The Seven Tower

- Created some of the images for the game.

- Polishing the maps

- Working on chapter: Prologue for the game

- Determining what the end point for the preview version

PJBsfCi.png

DustyCat Media

Indie Game Purrfector
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
February 12, 2013

-Drew 2 more characters. whew. 5 more to go! Since I'm not used to drawing armor and wolves, I gotta search for references. The remaining 5 wear armors btw. So i need to study study study :)

- will update our game development blog after 5 minutes

-Adrian is 66% done with the cutscene script!

[IMG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/c842109e2545d3ee1b6e478805492e5c/tumblr_n0w0juyyp21r4qxt5o1_500.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/d68980ddf152ea38d6ddd08bef7e8504/tumblr_n0w0kcP9th1r4qxt5o1_500.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PJBsfCi.png[/IMG]

Digi Arn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
So I guess today is kind of a double post.

Firstly, and im sorry team, but i think i must have caused a chain break yesterday as I do not see my yesterdays post in my post log. That said I hope that I can still get credit for yesterday as I had prepared a screenshot, and typed up an update and I guess I must have either forgot to push post or something else happened that did not cause my reply to post. anyhow...

YESTERDAY

I had this done by 10am my time yesterday, I had done some eventing mostly. more info below.

So i made it so these guys move across the screen towards the temple, you can fight them to make the stop but if you dont they will burn it down. To many of these will end the game so work fast!!!! this is still la work in progress but i like the progress i made on it.
and

TODAY

And today I worked more on making the starting quests smoother, added a map for the second half of a feud, and and I spent more time adding to some dialogues. I added an NPC sprite to the game where there wasn't one before. decided to take a break and import some tiles to a separate project... RM crashed i was sad.... back to main, changed map names from default alpha numeric designations which for some reason i don't always do right away..

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Day 9

nqImgDg.png

I'm a bit late reporting today because I just got home from a pretty righteous (do people even still say that?) birthday party. It's also where I spent most of today. Well, with her anyway. Um, friend, birthday, big party thing and setting up and stuff. I'm kinda drunk so sorry if this doesn't make much sense. It's all I can do to not make wriggly red lines appear under words.

Anyway, I did get a map done. I was halfway through another when friend said turned up and whisked me away to the ever-happy land of grog and cake. Anyway, so I got a map done and that half a map which is good because I'd hate to have nothing to report after yesterday and saying today will be better. I kinda forgot about the party. XD

I would say tomorrow will be better in game making but I have a feeling I might be a bit dead and passed out from to much too drink tonight. Anyway I'll try do more tomorrow (it's tow r's I gotta remember that... and no e after the second m in remember. Red lines are awesome we should have them for dialogue.) Anyway I'm gonna sleep now so good night!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry Shaz, I have to update twice today instead of doing my normal day after post because I'll be gone and extremely busy tomorrow.

Day 7

Caves!  I made safety lamps with built in wall highlights, walls that fade into nothingness, a cave entry and started on tracks for a mine cart.

DlVvXPo.png

Day 8

Finished the tracks!
Made a few more chimeneys
Made another box. Animation and everything this time.

DlVvXPo.png

I have a mockup for you today!  You can now see the wall tile that took so much effort to get right.  Enjoy!

mock11_zpsc87e2525.png

T.Bit

Labyrinth Explorer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wednesday - Entry 2

Today I ran power through a resister in a sinusoidal output. In other news, I did a lot of database work for the boss battle event/contest on the blog. I set up my 4 characters and their skills, which include an 'Analyze' skill which tells you what the Demon King's current HP is and a 'Critical Shot' skill that will do bonus damage for every status ailment inflicted on the Demon King.

This game will have multiple endings (because I'm a sick person that way) which is determined by the choices you make in the first cutscene and during the battle.

Here have a screenshot. Actually, have two:

boss screen 1.pngboss screen 2.png

nqImgDg.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kelard