Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Entry #4

Did some more faceset edits. I changed the eye color of a few, went browsing through some resource sites to find more usable characters, ones that match the style. At first, I didn't have an idea for the oriental/Asian themed characters since my game has a more medieval motif to it, but I always liked the edits and clothing you could see in the busts. I came to the conclusion I could use them if I explained the difference of clothing was regional/cultural, so I've been collecting them now as well.

Still continuously mapping. Did an oriental themed guest room in the castle, so not completely accurate in terms of construction ect. But I kind of like it. Still have a hard time filling the bottom of the map so it isn't bare, but maybe bare is better sometimes.

nodebris_zpsfacb67a4.png

Thanks for reading.

Old edit since I accidentally deleted it in photobucket today. Oops!

PJBsfCi.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Minnow's awesomeness reminds me about that fantastic game "Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP", oh gosh, how I love that thing...

Hollow

(◡‿◡✿)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
GMD Day 9 - February 12, 2014

*Finished off the intro map I posted a while ago.

*Began eventing the intro cutscene

*Found and fixed some move route issues if the player skipped through text too fast.

*Started roughing out facesets for the characters in the intro.

nqImgDg.png

Arkecia

Database Queen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 9

Today I spent time mapping out some futuristic designs while making a flat-screen tv. The wall console I ended up making took me quite a long time to get right, but I'm glad I did. I normally don't have the design sense.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/d0LyuZ8.png[/IMG]
Also planned out how I want my character's anatomy to be; I have the measurements as 32x46 and have continued working on it; should have something to show for it soon, but I think I might work on a few doors the next time to compliment all the jumping around I've been doing.

What I learned today: I jump around with the pixels so that I don't get bored, and somehow using purple as a substitute color when I have no other alternatives is working so far.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nqImgDg.png[/IMG]

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Game Making Drive, Day 8, February 12th

Didn't get enough done today (hell I barely got anything done today). Did a couple of script edits to the stealth system and worked on inserting the medicinal recipes used in game into a functional crafting system... just tedious copy/paste references and nothing at all interesting sadly.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Feb 13, 2014

nqImgDg.png

Redid the map, edited some tiles and messed a bit with some script

PhantasmaMajica-01a.PNG

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 9

Man oh man, I got soo caught up in the Boss contest I'm late for the update! >_< So yeah that's pretty much what I've been doing. All actor skills are done, just need to fix up the boss some, finish off the last parts of my event then I'm all good to go!~

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please don't PM or post here if you have "points missing". NO points have officially been posted yet. If you happened to see a second page in that spreadsheet, it was neither complete nor up-to-date/accurate, and should not have been left there (I was trying something, it didn't work, I forgot to remove it afterwards).

AFTER I make the announcement that the first scores have been posted, THEN you can PM me or ask in the thread if you believe you were not credited with the correct number of points.

There is at least one post over the previous pages that won't be counted because of the lack of detail (the below quotes are from the first two posts - have another read if you've forgotten them):

... post about what you accomplished. Now, it has to be somewhat substantial, it can't be something like "9:00-9:30, I imported a backdrop." I'll use discretion for what's substantial and what's bullcr*p.
Game Rules

8. If your post is not substantial enough or didn't say anything about your progress of that day, it is ignored.
If you suspect I may be referring to YOUR post, you need to go back and fill in more detail TODAY, or it will not be counted.

McTricky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Day 9:

Some more work on the Boss Contest. Thanks to some help from nio and Engr Shana, I've got a nice little TP system going, reminiscent of Shadow Hearts. That and I finally finished the opening scene.

Tomorrow I code the rest of the boss and finish the ending scene and then submit it before the deadlinnnnneeeeeeee

8P82rVo.png

OmNomZombie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Day 9

Had to deal with some real life issues, so game making time was limited today.

*Did a map for my side-game

*Edited a couple of sprites(Minor stuff)

*Wrote out game play mechanics and started on databasing.

8P82rVo.png

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day #4

Barely any work done today, preparing to get snowed in.
* Weapons and Armors have been tweaked a bit
** Tweaking the crafting system a bit so there are equip type specific modifiers.
** Weapons in particular cannot have defense type modifiers
** Armors cannot have offense type modifiers.
** Only Mana Eggs can hold magic (Extra Armor Type outside of the 4 Armors).
** There are about 16 Weapons for each weapon type, each with their own unique trait.
*Mana Eggs are an equip that allows actors to wield magic.

**Each egg has 8 slots for magic

**Each egg has a unique trait, such as cost reduction or countering with a specific skill.

**Eggs can only be created through crafting with another mana..

nqImgDg.png

Alusair1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I spruced up the town that I started up last time.  Learning for myself why so many say that good mapping skills take time.  I can feel myself getting a little better as I learn to utilize shift-mapping in some places. I also laid a bit of groundwork for the nearby dungeon that the player will travel to from this town.

Also, after reading through posts the last few weeks, and some playtesting, I realize I really overdid it with the size of my overworld map (200 X 170).  Oh well, live and learn.  I know I will have to redo that at some point.

Wishing for High Fantasy oriented field map tiles.

nqImgDg.png

D4yz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A WIP of my only current map work. Still figureing out the house sizes for proper feel with Mac sprites, and placement of vegetation etc.

Mistra.png

Just way to burnt to have written anything tonight. This was much more relaxing and enjoyable.

GO RED TEAM.png

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 4

Worked a bit on my boss encounters project.  Databased the character stats, weapons, and armors.  Also adjusted the boss stats.

Boss Room

BossRoom.png

Also put some work into my horror genre project.  Created a new map and created the events on a few maps to flesh the game out some more.

Original Destination

Destination.png
The following is 100% true.

Mendontusemapsremember.png
nqImgDg.png

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GMD Day 8-9

Day-8-9_zps5febc126.jpg

Didn't get to update yesterday as I was having connectivity issues.

Anyway:
Day 8~ Didn't get too much work done regarding the map, so I just spent an hour thinking about my combat system and writing things down.  I've got an idea for 2 prototypes that I want to make and I want to have a demo of them both by the end of this GMD. 

Day 9~ got back into photoshop and did recolors for the flowers on the buildings and changed the way I blended the tile floor colors (No longer a soft fade change).  I also started adding more floor decor.

nqImgDg.png
nqImgDg.png

Aurorain

Overlord Illumise
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Little late, but..not by much! So, the majority of today was spent in two sections: Databasing, and recoloring stuff. Databasing just included stuff like making skills(and making sure they work..balancing'll come later!), to adding in new enemies, and other little things. As for recoloring, I did 3 different monsters that I had on hand; An assassin(this one has two separate colors), a..more assassin-assassin(wtf am I talking about here?), and a giant mantis. Nothing much, but hey, work~  ;)

Locusta1_zpsb80bcdd2.png

BanditChief_zps81fa76c0.png

Bandit1_zps80d63e91.png

Bandit3_zpsc5f57d4f.png
So..yeah, that's kind of all from me, today.  :(

EDIT: Whoops! Accidentally put in for team blue, my bad!

8P82rVo.png

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ Tsukitsune - Nice map!  Is that map used for a cutscene or gameplay?  My only concern would be moving behind the big tree.  Other then that I'm very impressed!

@ Aurorain - Databasing and recoloring is still progress.  I really like the second assassin (3rd battler) and the mantis.  Keep up the great work! :)

Minnow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 8

Seriously spent 2+ hours working on the database only to realize that I did everything wrong

Spent another hour fixing my mistake

I close my eyes and all I see are parameters. Help.

Converted all my sprites to charsets and battlers

Started implementing some scripts

8P82rVo.png

Won't be updating for the next two days as it's my 21st birthday and things will probably get sloppy.

Next update will be Saturday! See you guys then~

MyLordRobinson

Emperor of Carnelia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 8.

I've been working on biographies and things within the notebook system all day today so I might as well put up a little bit of what I've been working on.

c0un.png

post-25140-0-92088500-1392265086.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:
Had to clean up disk space because Windows Updates was having my primaries' disk space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess the clean up thingy doesn't work or something because there were 15gigs of old update files in it.
Monday morning, and the sudden message: Hey, can you set up a full second lesson about pixel art till tomorrow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthernGamer