drago453

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Day 4

Added some scripts, and made the basis for the sidequest I'm working on. Now you can accept the quest, and I just have to add the last half. Pretty slow work day, but with a day off of school tomorrow, I might even be able to get it done tomorrow! Look for this quest in the demo coming out!

Last edited by a moderator:

OmNomZombie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Day 10

*Worked on the database, Classes and Skills, finished quite a number of them, but they will need tweaking as the rest of the game-play comes together.

*Started on some art work for my side-game, mainly faces for the menu and battle - which will no doubt change once I get started working on GUIs, but I do like placeholders. And it's practice. Will finish them up tomorrow.

8P82rVo.png

McTricky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Day 10:

Ugh, spent most of today working on this Boss Contest, but since I had someone come over today, I lost valuable time, and where I'm at with it now, I won't get enough time to submit before the deadline. Oh well, I'll at least finish at a later date. But it is 4am now and I am hitting the hay.

Other than that, I got to talking with Chaos-Avian about redesigns for the reboot of my original RPG Maker project Eternal Genesis: Rebirth ("Rebirth" signifying the reboot).

8P82rVo.png

D4yz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Writting is still on hold today. Finished the rest of the interiors on my first map and tried my hand at skill graphics. Turns out making a burning scythe is alot harder then initialy presumed. Only 1 more land bio to do. The finality of anything is always so daunting to me. I don't expect to get much writting done tommorow either. Speaking of which, I'll have to be sure to do some game work first thing in the morning, busy the rest of the day and might not even make it on... >.< For awesome reasons though. :D

GO RED TEAM.png

EFizzle

Rum aficionado
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
DAY: SOMETHING

Due to a piles of... 4 inches of measly snow, my classes were cancelled today, so I actually got a bit of extra work done!

Started work on some scenes that happen in between play sessions providing the evil doers intentions! Mwuahaha Here's a screenie because why not?

Ss30.png
Also tried to finish up the puzzle aspect of this dungeon, but it's way more daunting than I originally thought. Got most of the variables set up, switches too. It works, but it's now just lacking the final touches, such as being rewarded and such. I also fleshed out another scene making it more dynamic and actually interesting to the player. However I'm not that satisfied with the work I got done today, sure it was a lot, but... I just had this nagging feeling it wasn't enough. Eh, I'll do more work over the weekend. Finally going home! :D

Fixed a typo. Just one. Yup.

post-25140-0-83720700-1392351623.png

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Today I worked on the altar room for the first important quest cut scene, and the 'hub' of all quests.  I added some nice windows from FSM and 

some accompanying light effects through events to give that divine light feelings from the  stain glass windows.  I had to alter the RTP

grey pillars, since again there is no beige component despite there being beige stone.  >>  I am noticing a pattern here.

Not all stone is grey, but all the defaults were left that way.  It's somewhat annoying to have to copy the same pillars and 

pieces just to get pass ability in certain areas, but I don't want to waste space eventing off player pass ability to certain areas

just for something mundane.

I began work on stain glass windows.  I'll need to put a little more effort into learning how to soften these light/refracted tiles now that

I reverse engineered how the FSM user did his.

1gI9gTH.png

So I have to make it my own, I cannot just use someone else's work without altering it to fit the project.

I used PS to take the holy symbol resource my artist/scripter friend did, and then 

used a few layers to set up the circular stain glass top.  I actually found a way to improve it, but taking the light segments and then using a Gaussian blur of 1

pixel to make it softer than the original which simply lowered the opacity.

V08MNhV.jpg

This is in progress of making my own circular window.  I'll work on the lower portion after I get something I like.  Rainbow is a bad scheme

for a God of Justice.  

My resource artist tells me that the design gets lost in the background of the window, so I will attempt to pixel in some boarder or edge,

and try to refine it.  Here is my attempt to rectify with his input.

yBBeNLq.jpg

I'm using the FSM tile set as a template for my own custom designs.  Next is a smaller window feature the patron St. Cuthburt for tomorrow.

The flag didn't turn out so well.  Ichi of Kingdom rise and fall had some transparency problems or a few missing pixels in the flag animations, so

it will be more trouble than it's worth for the moment.  I let it go.

My play testers tell me the walls no longer fit, and they want cream colored beige walls.  *shakes fist*  I'll work on that next.

I do not wish to use any grey if possible.  Then I had to recolor the stairs to the beige color as well.  Now they do not clash.

Of course not all things are simple as they look.  The Altar pieces themselves are only meant to fit between either of the candles.  

They cannot be placed side by side without a little editing.  so I coped and edited a separate altar segment so I could widen the altar

enough without having small gold breaks in the red cloth.  I tried using mack's as an alternative, but it has a segment with the shading only meant 

for the same partition.  Instead of gold breaks an improper shadow is created, and that would take longer to fix than a few stray pixels.

My best advice to new mappers?  Never design a room that is even numbered.  Always go odd so you can find a center. <<

Basically I've come to the acceptance that I will be forced to edit with PS open, have RPG Maker open, implement, adjust, 

import, repeat until it is all in working order.

The pillar edit was worth it, I feel it gives it a much larger feeling to see that sort of supports make it grandeous.  I really am 

happy I am going through and redoing all these maps.

ShwDBS4.jpg

Then play tester tells me to remove the bottom entrance pillars and forum agrees with him.  *grumble*

Chris said my cliffs were too plain so I am working on something to make them a bit more interesting.  This may take another day, but it's worth not 

having a boring map. I'm still fiddling with what to do. Adding some Indrah caves, and also putting in some blinking eyes.

XSiQSPz.png

My solution?  More mushrooms!  I also used Indrah's caves to house some of the glowing ominous eyes.  

p5xGgvF.jpg

Finally Emmet's house got some work.  Dirty laundry, dishes, and some little bits of trash on the floor to show he's been living as a Bachelor for a long

time.

W27dEIR.jpg

Now he just needs some floor trash which will also be shared with the slums. The wash basin is made by Panda maru.

Two pots of coffee later I am wondering if I forgot something.  I'd much rather be drawing portraits even if the map redos are working out well.

cc6ZMs0.png

ThatMaestroGuy

You are lovely~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 2:

Finished my entry for the "Encounters of the Boss Kind" contest. Keeping my fingers crossed that still accept it. I have been GLUED to my computer working on it, actually making time for working on it at any time I could. But yes. It is all said and done. I don't have any screenshots of it to share for right now, but maybe I'll post up the finished product at a later date. ^_^

8P82rVo.png

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Day Ten
  • Continued where I left off populating maps with gather events. Still have a bit to go.
  • Fixed a long-existing bug where sometimes half the damage popup just wouldn't show up.
  • Since I was messing with damage popups, I also added one for when you get an item mid-battle.
  • Stared at the victory screen and ran away crying like a little girl
  • Tried to brainstorm some enemy skills and failed pretty bad : (
8P82rVo.png

MyLordRobinson

Emperor of Carnelia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Doing some dungeon making for the first town!

Here's a sneak peak!

b6z9.png

DuncanS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@palladinthug - love the stained glass and banners ^^! As for the larger maps, I find that symmetry and repetition are a mapper's worst nightmare, and I try to avoid any redundant scenery. Symmetry works well in certain places (generally structures, things that are meant to be 'man-made' in-game), but for natural scenery I find it reduces realism.

@Arkecia - those status bars are so awesome :o ! I also really like the darker blue doors and the futuristic doorway ^^.

@Mike - Reiiiimuuuuuuuuu!! That is all.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Still working, but before I get caught up in stuff and the day rolls over, best make my post.

8P82rVo.png

Day 10

* 11 bust expression edits

* 4 indoor maps

* 1.5 NPC sprites

* Attempted to brainstorm monsters with Rach, failed

gretyell_by_makio_kuta-d76dkem.png

* Get my rear-end handed to me by Gretel for not getting as much done as I should have

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@palladinthug - love the stained glass and banners ^^! As for the larger maps, I find that symmetry and repetition are a mapper's worst nightmare, and I try to avoid any redundant scenery. Symmetry works well in certain places (generally structures, things that are meant to be 'man-made' in-game), but for natural scenery I find it reduces realism.

@Arkecia - those status bars are so awesome :o ! I also really like the darker blue doors and the futuristic doorway ^^.

@Mike - Reiiiimuuuuuuuuu!! That is all.
Thank you.  I have been loving your DS sprites. You even have behavioral sets done for the pirates.  You particularly did a fantastic job with your tile set edit of the archway with the roses and vines.

DuncanS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you.  I have been loving your DS sprites. You even have behavioral sets done for the pirates.  You particularly did a fantastic job with your tile set edit of the archway with the roses and vines.
Thank youuu TT. So many manly tears shed over those franken-archways.

Update time~!

Today was lots of mapping and parallaxing! Getting close to finishing the RM Venture game /o/!

[IMG]http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t363/dpsommer/RM%20Venture%20Uploads/bridge.png[/IMG]

Still not sure if the game is too dark :S

More coming soon!

Go, Blue Team!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nqImgDg.png[/IMG]

Mike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
D. Day

Yay, I finished 6 characters animation setting today.

I should be able to finish all characters by tomorrow (just 5 more characters) and start working on other scripts. I'll upload a demo with all the playable characters tomorrow, heck, I'll create the project thread on early project feedback, hopefully it would get approved. *crossed finger* .-.

If you're wondering why it takes so long to do the character animation setting, it's because the position of each png is different, and I had to adjust it via photoshop. There are 20 frames at average for each character that needs adjustment.

The code backbone is done, but still need adjustment for each character since I'm building a static structure to boost up performance. Take 25 mins at average to complete 1 normal set of custom character (I'm getting faster recently though).

Anyway, no gif. file today. I'm dead tired, and want to sleep early.

Red +1

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Day 11

nqImgDg.png

So did a lot more mapping. Inner, outer and some graphic edits. I still have a lot to work on though - at least half the maps are unfinished (waiting on edits) and the others I'm not quite happy with just yet.

I also did some eventing on behalf of someone on RMN who was wondering about using an evented encounter system instead of the default. It didn't take too long to figure out and mess with but by the time I got back someone had already given the answer so I had a bit of a face-palm moment and just decided to keep it in case I ever needed the damn thing. >.<;

But yeah, that was my day. Guess I could show a map. Keep in mind it's unfinished atm.

pw3AG5O.png

There's a lot of edits missing here. I'm gonna do some edging for the left, right and bottom walls that will match up with the forward ones (the wooden braces). Also, generic edits like half-boxes, box of picks/shovels and a few other things to make it a little more mine-like.

rF5FvOi.png

Still gotta get me some nice pews in thar.

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day 5

-Started working on a tabletop engine for my game and finished the core stats and alignment parts of it

-Reworked some story elements

8P82rVo.png

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GMD Day 10

Day-10_zps7615bf85.jpg

Changed the shadows on the trees, and still adding floor decor.  Only 1 hour of work done or so.  The weekend is almost here, so I'll hopefully finish the map up by Sunday!

nqImgDg.png

senpoRiot

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Another exhausting day for me because of basketball...so I only worked for a few hours.

I added some skills in my game and had fun experimenting the damage formulas. I tried to make skills like Fortune Dice that will execute

a skill depending on the number that will show on your dice.

Well that's it for today!

cc6ZMs0.png

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Day 9
(at least for me since I only do workdays)

PJBsfCi.png

Go, Team Red!

Today I finished the river! Yes!

Well... sort of. Except it won't implement right. And by river I mean one tiny branch of the river. *sobs*

But at least all 3 frames are nicely in synch. (Pro Tip: Check eeeevery tile as soon as you place it, if it is in the exact same place as the other frame tiles below it. I didn't do that and it cost me..). Now if only yanfly's parallax lock script would work with the animated parallax script by modern algebra, I would be happy. Wishlist: Animated Overlay Script!

I swear, the next overlay maps I do, don't have water on it. Desert game! :D

Arkecia

Database Queen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 11

*Wasn't at all happy with a sprite base I was heading towards so I scrapped it wasting a bit of time, but that's the endless struggle with pixels.

*Put off the sprite base to make an overly elaborate door I'll probably use for some evil lair or something + a beautiful vent:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0WQT540.png[/IMG]
*Decided to work on a new base and finished the front and back views for the normal sized male characters:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1b94ajL.png[/IMG]

Still not sure about the back completely yet, but it's much better than when I was going in blind, so by tomorrow I should have a female base to show as well + side views. In any case I made full use of the colors I marked down as "Skin Tone" in my palette.

What I learned today: The characters themselves are a great motivator; I badly want to see my battle scene in action, and this is a necessary step towards that.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nqImgDg.png[/IMG]

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:
Had to clean up disk space because Windows Updates was having my primaries' disk space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess the clean up thingy doesn't work or something because there were 15gigs of old update files in it.
Monday morning, and the sudden message: Hey, can you set up a full second lesson about pixel art till tomorrow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ibbicool