Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ugh

8P82rVo.png

day 12 or something

* Argued with a design all night might have something that works but not really sure if like it or not

* Finished the walking frames on a sprite that I neglected to do another day

* tried to test some new music in game but my headphones were mucking up and I couldn't really get a good feeling I'll have to play with that again some more tomorrow

* lame day

DuncanS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Most of today was spent fixing small issues with Eric's Day Off (which are hopefully all fixed now).

I also wrote a script to add an Encounter Rate option to the menu, which allows the player to modify the percentage of random encounters (based on the base for each map) they run into.

Aside from that, I started to teach my brother how to use RPG Maker~!

All in all, kind of a slow day, but I felt like I needed a bit of a break after all the time spent on RM Venture this week.

Go, Blue Team!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nqImgDg.png[/IMG]

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GMD Day 11 & 12

Day-11-12_zpsbfcd1f4f.jpg

Day 11

Started adding in building shadows, spent a few hours trying out different angles.  First one I tried having the shadows going north east, and decided not to go with that in the end and wasted time...

Added another garden area on the other side of the canals.

Day 12

Finished adding building shadows and for other objects.  Still need to add shadows to the canal rails and street lamps.

Also added more small details here and there with grass.

Also finished constructing the walkways.

Mostly alls left if just small details, and touching up on things.  I'll be done by tomorrow (I hope).

nqImgDg.png
nqImgDg.png

Mike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I skipped reporting yesterday, but I did work on it.

Here's my report:

Yesterday:

- Finished All Custom Sprites Script for Basic Actions for All 20 characters

- Finished All Custom Sprite Events Script for Basic Actions for All 20 characters

Today:

- Started Building the Game (simple mapping, eventing, and so on) and writing the game sypnosis and stuff.

- Thread has been written and posted on Early Project Feedback forum (waiting for approval).

- Demo is up for both rtp and no-rtp.

PJBsfCi.png
PJBsfCi.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 13

I worked more on scripts today - that multilayer fog from XP script, and a new one for large event collisions. Unfortunately neither of them are completely finished - still more tweaking needed to get them "just right", or at least close to it. That will have to be something for during the week, or next weekend now.

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sunday, 2/16/2014

Finished frankenspriting the characters as well as their face graphics. Still working on Asmodeus... he's been challenging, since I'm basing it off of one of Thalzon's battlers.  Also decided to start working on descriptions when I finally make a post about my game.  Trying to keep the character descriptions short because, lets face it, we (and players) have very short attention spans in the beginning.

sarah_face_zpsa635eeae.png
sarah_zps7f76db25.png
  Sarah is a citizen of Media. Her husband was abducted by the demon lord Asmodeus.  In response, she dons her family's armor and descends down Gehenna itself in attempt to save her love.

raphael_face_zps09e6b248.png
raphael_zps381c6238.png
Raphael is a traveling nomad with the ability to manifest powers from the Divine Trinity.  He travels with his apprentice, Tobias, and joins Sarah, who also wishes to defeat Asmodeus.

tobias_face_zpsdc067c64.png
tobias_zps7345378f.png
Tobias, a citizen of Ninevah, is Raphael's apprentice, and son of Tobit.  When Raphael removed Tobit's blindness, Tobias requested to follow the mysterious stranger and learn more about the Divine Trinity.

asmodeus_face_zpsd79c7434.png
  Asmodeus is infamous for his insatiable lust for power and women. Desiring Sarah above all else, he captures her husband and demands Sarah to love and marry only him.

PJBsfCi.png

Last edited by a moderator:

D4yz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another back post.. I'm beginning to think I may infact have minor narcolepsy. >.< I still have all my windows open from working last night.

Mistra WIP.png

Started modifying the town of Mistra to better fit with Mack sized sprites. Had the right door frames, but not home proportions. My procrastionation of the last land bio continued. I put additional info in regards to weather and stopped. I did a quick two second edit of a 2 high door frame to make it seem boarded for an abandoned house in Mistra, yet to be applied in the town just yet.

Boarded Door.png

Getting to work on all things game this morning for 2 straight hours. Back posting is getting to be annoying. And further more, it's making me feel as though it defeats the purpose of GMD.

GO RED TEAM.png

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day... I'm still lost there.

The Seven Tower

- Digital Instruction Manual is being Made.

- Story line for the introduction is being made.

- Preview Version content is being made.

General/Misc.

- New Logo for the Global Network Service have been Created and this time the Achievement and the Data Cloud Logo.

post-25140-0-13888900-1392549802.png

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Day 13

nqImgDg.png

Phew, I'm about five hours into a full-game LP. In other words I'm playing it all in one sitting, which is proving to be breaking my voice a little. orz

That aside, I've run into some sort of issue with my Ace thanks to wantonly deleting some folders I found. Thankfully I found a work-around but I'm gonna have to reinstall again to really fix it. Still, got a bit of mapping done at least, and some inventory/item creation/editing. I'm still working on just what items I want in the game (I like having them in a certain order within the database - thus the game) and balancing them a bit. Still gotta work out damages for skills and the like. So much balancing. Also, still got skills to make... >.<;

But yeah, most of today (and the rest of the night, it seems) is dedicated to ye olde LPing. Typing this up has given me a chance to rest my voice a bit, though, so that's a plus. ^.^

...I feel like I'm missing something again. :/ I'm pretty sure there was something else I did but I can't quite remember. Whatever it was, it must not've been much of a big deal, I guess, so meh~ XD

D4yz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TODAYS POST! Because I can do that. So this morning I spent a bunch of time poking around with mapping. And I feel like it won't be the biggest hurdle, comprehension wise, in this process. There is certainly alot of editing and fine tuning though. I may take on paralax mapping because having to do small edits constantly in regards to object layering is a hassle. Some edits I did this morning are as follows.

- Singled out upper door frame panel.

Overhead Door Frame.png

-Generic, fit anything wooden, door frame for the A-Set.

A-Set Generic Door.png

Both of which were created to have a slightly more realistic transfer feel of an overhead frame set to be passed behind by the player. Though... -_-# When implemented the, wait and walk forward 1, portion of the transfer script doesn't seem to be applying. I've even set the proper tile passability on everything. Gonna need to poke around with it more. If anyone knows what the issue might be please do tell.

-Edited inside roof corners to give a better seam when roofs connect with walls. Specificaly 1 roof, the chaples.

Church Roof Merge L.pngChurch Roof Merge R.png

Chaple.png

More evidence of why paralax mapping would be much less time consuming once gotten the hang of.

Also modified out that irritating "Move" SE from all my transfers that don't involve stairs. And honestly, the overall feel of a soundless transfer is much more pleasant. On stairs it's absolutely the best SE. On straight shots, I'd rather the simple door, and go. Also modified my home exit transfers to give the door opening sound with a 1/3s delay before exit. To better emulate the time taken to actually open a door and exit.

So that's pretty much it for the time being. But I'll likely get on some writting tonight. Have some things to do around my appartment, and my little guy is gonna be waking up any minute for sure. Also have a sprite to try to polish off before the days end and my usual Sun-Mon 8pm Raid.

GO RED TEAM.png

Arkecia

Database Queen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 13

I didn't do much on the graphical side of things today since I needed a break, so I did the remainder of the song loops that I know for a fact I'll be using with my game. To go with my graphic choice I'll be using fakebit/chiptune music. It doesn't sound like much, but time flies when you're looping for about 20 songs. (luckily 60% of those were loops to begin with, all I had to do was edit the filetype and cut out the beginning silence Newgrounds puts on songs)

I did decide on the colors of my menu, so I can show that off. It might be finished, unless I decide to use icons for the menu items (Which I most likely will since I made a money icon):

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XgLjGQJ.png[/IMG]
What I learned today: I love you Audacity!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nqImgDg.png[/IMG]

Hollow

(◡‿◡✿)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
GMD Day 13 - February 16, 2014

More eventing, and I also worked more on the facesets (I am so slow at them, holy crap OTL at least there's only one other character with a face in this scene ; n ; ).

7gs9VwN.png

nqImgDg.png

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
iGame Making Drive, Day 11, February 16th:

Work on the town is underway as well as finishing up the outskirts (which are still not pretty/scary enough yet sadly) Finding the right balance of enemies to have the village populated by the undead while also making it possible for the player to get through and keeping it on that edge where it isn't so impossible that they get frustrated and move on to the next game but also holds the correct amount of threat to keep the suspense up is really irritating me right now. I keep either making it next to impossible or making it a cakewalk thus far, trial and error I suppose. Worked on the scene where you get your final part member as well and began testing the game with all four and tweaking the untested characters skills accordingly. (for some reason a 50% hit 1 hit kill skill hits far more often than you'd think it would... considering a better mechanic for controlling it so it isn't so much of a coin flip but I want to have my archer capable of getting headshots while reiterating how difficult that is to actually do. (You'd get the idea in zombie movies and such that people are trained to aim for the head to begin with, they are not because it's a much harder shot than you'd think in real life.) Not sure, probably going to just take the skill out though.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Feb 17, 2014

nqImgDg.png

- Worked on the maps a bit (added a new map, and edited the old one a bit)

- Added the projectile for the player and editing how it works

- Worked out a bit of simple bugs from the scripts

Korimax

Architect of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
DAY 6 -
PJBsfCi.png

Today I was inputting/Databasing Enemies (Still can't do concepts.) I started thinking about what my basic monster should be at first, I chose slime but then I thought, NO! Slimes are a gelatinous creature, which will be immune to most if not all Physical Attacks.

Afterwards I did some eventing, finished the creation of a limited in game time sidequest (I set it up so that you would be unable to complete said quest after advancing to a certain point).

Also I went Resource/Script hunting today, I found some interesting scripts however I am still unsure on the terms for some of them so I will have to PM some of the Scripters who, scripted them...

After that, I sat down and ate dinner because food dominates the very essence of my mind. For dessert I had a Raspberry/Blueberry Pie.

FTLOP - Out B)

Jonnie91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
and I'm back for another day of work: 

Today I've sent a new demo to one of my commissioners, and also made an outline of a map still working on but it's coming along realtively nicely:  

bBZIVUN.png

beyond that I also made this little snippet, testing out my new Guitar VST's :D nothing to long or too special, but I certainly am enjoying it so far :D  

Shreddage Tester.ogg

That's all from me today

PJBsfCi.png

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 11

Although I was out all day, I started working on a new battler (God why do human battler take SO DAMN LONG??) Had a few issues with the anatomy that I got sorted out (Thank you Sharm~ <3 :D ) and just need to render the two variants. This is somewhat of a project of mine that I'll release to the public when I'm finished, so keep your eyes peeled~ :3

8P82rVo.png

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so to make a proper burnt down house I got some references.  I searched for thatch roof cottages specifically and got a wealth of pictures.

Apparently when your house is burning down, the first instinct is to take a picture and tweet about it.  Go figure.

I started with some planks and began to form the rib cage of the house.  This wasn't too involved.  The hefty part was dismantling my nice

little house and then taking each part and painting it burnt or blackened for the transitions when it's on fire and then finally out.

Next is the burnt out frame of the house.  The foundation stones, and the fireplace will be the only things left in tack, so you will

see the outline or parameter of the item shop and what's left of the debris inside.

Debris is very time consuming, so I will take random rtp elements and patch them together in a burnt out mess.  I don't

want anything fancy just some burnt junk.  The door and windows all have burn damage as well to signify fire was reaching out from inside.

You'll have to forgive the clutter, as I was working on everything all at once rather than focusing.  I had trouble getting my act together

after 4 days stuck inside the house from the snow.  I am getting cabin fever and wanna move around more.

So I begin to splice together a custom set.  Ash, burnt pieces, rubble, debris, the frame work, and of course I need downed sprites now.

I am working to make the cut scene more compelling, and for that a few liberties with movement and some creativity will be needed.

Below is a very WIP shot.

Honestly even after all those cuts, I am having thoughts of cutting the project in half again just to finish in time.

We have 12-16 days left to this.  The halfway point is making me feel like the walls are closing in on me.

Next were the Data base edits.  This included going over the fourth character and powering him down a bit.

cc6ZMs0.png

For my back to back update since it's my double day, I've started work on the map redos of the other areas.  I've also gone back over the other already

established maps and noticed a few small flaws I've put on a separate list to attend too once I'm done with the major flaws from the so bad it's unplayable

regions.

Downed sprite making continues.  

I'm trying to give myself enough leeway to get what I need, rather than go for fancy extra stuff.

Willard already looks a lot like the priest in the RTP, so I'll franken his pieces onto a copy of that.  Shade is a generated sprite, so she won't be 

too hard outside of a frame.  Wolfe and Emmet may give a little trouble.

Here is the reworked map of the barracks.  I've set the tables correctly and set the fire inside of the pit, so now it will allow more

intuitive player movement.  I've also removed windows where unnecessary.  

Here is an updated shot of the barracks:

3fQo8Bq.jpg

Every soldier has their own footlocker as well now.

I'll need to spruce up the basement for the mace cut scene.  Got to make them do more than just stand there.

I've also got to do graphics for a cut scene where the mace is laying on a dais, edit some armor into a fragment, and get the crushed hat to look like proper type.

I've begun to retcon in the new save point graphic.  This shouldn't take more than a single session to fix, and add one to the nexus dungeon aside from the mushroom as not to confuse people.

Various grammar corrections.  It's an ongoing thing.

I've plotted out my course for the rest of the week and it's going to be a great deal of eventing alongside getting the slums in order, with a few short snippets

to show Emmet as a second class citizen.

I'm also taking a look at those crystal resources we made and coloring them to use at various water sources if I get the time later on.  I'd love to make a sparkle event

that I could use for the mushrooms as well as the crystals, but I can't see myself doing anything too ambitious until I get done with the necessary revisions.

I feel like just to redo the first 10 minutes of the game will take this week alone.

cc6ZMs0.png

Should I get anything more significant to show I'll edit this post rather than creating another.  I'm very unfocused today and the need to walk around is too powerful.

pxocZ4n.png

kLUxWJt.png

Shade is sleepy.  2 more to go!

OmNomZombie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Day 13

*Wrote out the prologue

*Did more database work, skills, items, weapons, armours, states, you name it.

*Did a lot of testing to make sure damage formulas were the way I wanted them. More than likely all my hard work will have to be changed as development progresses!

8P82rVo.png

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day infinite

-Worked on my custom stat system

-Translated Saba kuns 3d dungeon script

8P82rVo.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember when people had the ability to have meaningful conversations on platforms like twitter or facebook? Good times... Nowadays is absolute crap.
All aboard the Advent calendar train, riding Avery's coattails as an excuse to make more sprites. ;)
Advent2021-01.gif

Get 'em in my thread in General Resources.
I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke up and it's not Friday, so I'm sad.
edit: third time's the charm? some graphic text I whipped up that I like for the mid-game intertitle, now with all of the actual letters in the stupid damn words I was trying to spell :uswt2:
kcsmall.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pazzow