Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Team Green is blocked from signups again. Red and Blue need more members.

Sorry folks, but once you choose a team, I really can't let you change. It takes a lot of mucking around getting the teams evened up, and just one person changing can throw everything out again. So those who have chosen a team and changed their minds, I'm sorry, but I'll have to ask you to stick with your original team. OmNomZombie, this will be you too, since green was closed when you signed up (if we allowed people to change like that, there wouldn't be any point in closing off any teams). What team did you originally choose? If you don't get back to me, I'll have to put you into Blue, as that's the one with the lowest count at the moment.

Having said that, if anyone from green would like to switch to red or blue, please let me know - I will allow one or two to change from green to another colour.

Remember folks, GMD begins on February 4. That's TODAY for some people, so some of you/us will need to post their first update TODAY.

OmNomZombie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
 OmNomZombie, this will be you too, since green was closed when you signed up (if we allowed people to change like that, there wouldn't be any point in closing off any teams). What team did you originally choose? If you don't get back to me, I'll have to put you into Blue, as that's the one with the lowest count at the moment.
No worries! Any team is perfectly fine.

I had a bit of a dummy moment there, sorry about that!

Last edited by a moderator:

Korimax

Architect of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm glad it hasn't started in my timezone yet (Hoping its not too late to sign up).

Days: Weekend

Times: 5pm - 7pm

Timezone: UTC-5:00

Preferred Team: Red

Maybe doing this will help me get closer to getting a demo out. (I doubt I'll get that far, but my hope is to get measurably closer.)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome! We need one more person for blue to get numbers close to even again. I'll update the score sheet so everyone can see their teams again. Please note any changes, and if I made a mistake with the last one, check to see that it's been fixed :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Curious - and sorry if I missed in the details somewhere - do we get extra points for any work done outside of our scheduled times?  (I don't really care either way, just wondering.)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it too late to change to red?

Also, I saw that some people used images to indicate when they got points during the last making game drive so I made these:
I like these very much and adding them on the third post now :D

Or not. Shaz beat me to it hahaha.

Curious - and sorry if I missed in the details somewhere - do we get extra points for any work done outside of our scheduled times?  (I don't really care either way, just wondering.)

Sadly no. GMD is mostly to enforce discipline and it'd be great if you manage to do that outside of GMD specifics! 

Korimax

Architect of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just checked the score sheet I guess I should have been specific since some people view it differently.

To me Weekends are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. You have me down for 2 weekly updates, when I wanted it to be 3.

I thought to bring that up to the attention of whomever was in charge of the score sheet.

(Also Apologies for not being directly specific, I should have known better :) )

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
DAYS: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday

TIMES: 0:00 - 1:00

MY TIME ZONE (UTC/GMT +/- #): GMT-5 (I believe that is EST)

PREFERRED TEAM: Green - As time passes, and mortality grows old, nature will engulf all and make the world whole.

EDIT:  Just saw everything was closed, sorry about that.  I was looking at the score sheet and saw the numbers for all the people were even so I figured there were spots open. >.<

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
so uhm, has it started?

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It depends on your timezone. If it's the 4th where you are, it's started.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
B.Ultimus: What do you mean everything's closed? You can still join in. You should be on blue's team, for some reason green is really popular this time around.

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think I was just confused. 

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
February 4, 2014 game making drive report (for those reading just now, as I said on my reg post, this is actually progress for yesternight):

So I finally got to finalize one of the new modes for Chicken Games, the "Flying Thunderbird" mode. Complete with an HUD. :)

Here's a screenshot that is painted out with descriptions of what most parts do.

PS: Am I the first one to post???

DuncanS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As it's technically still February 3rd here, hopefully I can still join? :p

DAYS: Every day

TIMES: 7 PM - 2 AM weekdays (somewhere in this bracket, depends on how late work goes); varying times on weekends

MY TIME ZONE (UTC/GMT +/- #): UTC -5 (EST)

PREFERRED TEAM: Blue

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Team Blue

Daily updates, sometime at night, it'll vary.

-500 Eastern time (US)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just checked the score sheet I guess I should have been specific since some people view it differently.

To me Weekends are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. You have me down for 2 weekly updates, when I wanted it to be 3.
I have NEVER heard of Friday being referred to as part of the weekend. There are weekdays (basically office work days or school days - Monday-Friday) and weekends (when there's no work or school).

Anyway, I'll change your days to Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Thanks for checking and letting me know.

DAYS: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday

TIMES: 0:00 - 1:00

MY TIME ZONE (UTC/GMT +/- #): GMT-5 (I believe that is EST)

PREFERRED TEAM: Green - As time passes, and mortality grows old, nature will engulf all and make the world whole.

EDIT:  Just saw everything was closed, sorry about that.  I was looking at the score sheet and saw the numbers for all the people were even so I figured there were spots open. >.<
"Everything" is not closed. Just signups to green, because they already have so many more. Can you please choose either Blue or Red?

If today is the 4th for you, and Tuesday is one of the days you said you'd work on your game and post, then YOUR GMD HAS STARTED.

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
May I partake? :)

DAYS: Monday, Wednesday and Friday

TIMES: 6pm-7pm guaranteed (but most likely a lot more)

MY TIME ZONE (UTC/GMT +/- #): GMT-6 Central

PREFERRED TEAM: Red if it's open

Sorry for the edits, trying to make sure the info is clear!

T.Bit

Labyrinth Explorer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz: Friday is often considered part of the weekend for people in the restaurant industry. Friday/Saturday/Sunday are the busiest days for the restaurant and for all intents and purposes they might as well be considered the weekend for people who wait tables.

Bonkers

Get ready to be Wowed!
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
February 4th

Finished up that orc sprite

Messier room elements for the main character

Working on a new portrait- ink and color

Attempting more unique and dynamic mushrooms based off another artist's concept design.  Still progressing.

Failed to make custom crystals resemble RTP elements on first try. (continuing with more attempts.  RTP crystals for comparison to mine in the center.)

EDIT: Update:

He's nearly there.  Another night of work and I'll be able to start cutting him up for parts.

Anthyny

Mantis
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Still Feb. 3 for me. :3

DAYS: Daily

TIMES: 10PM-11:59 PM

MY TIME ZONE (UTC/GMT +/- #): GMT - 8

PREFERRED TEAM: Blue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.
SF_Actor3_8 added!

A recent screenshot that I also shared on Reddit and the likes, links in my signature if you want to follow :)

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sculifun