Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Game Making Drive, February 3d, Final Day!:

if yesterday I got tons done (6 hours or so) then today I barely worked at all. I woke up this morning at about 4 a.m. and worked a little bit on database stuff, made a few enemies and set up some skills and the stats they increase (rather than traditional leveling, you level and learn new skills which grant you increasing stat bonuses in addition to the uses of the skill itself.) After that I've been busy all day and have only just got a chance to turn on the computer and report. 

Well, that's it for me. See you again in March I guess.

Digi Arn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I worked on creating chain events, and reworked, and reworked... and they are almost working exactly how i want but since it is still broken. After a while messing with that I started working a small amount on a different project that I do work on sometimes if I feel like im having writers block in my main project and I started working on getting a facebook made my game. I really wish I had more to report but I spent so much time on broken eventing I feel i didnt get much done.

And green+1

DuncanS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Final post~! (For real this time ^^)

(Yes, it is technically the 4th here, but I've had to update at around 1-2 am every day due to my schedule TT)

Today was more work on the ring battle menus, and working on some new customization functionality to spruce up the class system.

It's an overhaul of the default equipment system that gives the player customization through equipping generic and class-specific cards (a la Baten Kaitos, and similar to Ragnarok Online's card system) that determine their usable skills, their equipment, and provide stat bonuses - it's very much a WIP at the moment.

[IMG]http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t363/dpsommer/deckview.png[/IMG]

( I really like circles, ok? >: )

Congratulations everyone! It's been awesome to see the progress you've all been making - it's been one of my biggest motivators this month.

*Oh man, look at all those remaps Pern's gotten done this month, better get to work!*

*Oh, wow, look at Makio's amazing artwork~ I better actually do something ;-;*

*Yet another awesome tile update from palladinthug - ...eventually I, too, will accomplish things.*

*Arkecia has such a unique style~ well, maybe just one more episode of -insert anime name here-*

...and many more, of course. (This illustrates my process fairly accurately, just insert coffee every 20 minutes)

Also, a huge thanks to Shaz, Sharm, and Archeia! You are amazing~! *hugs all around*

I'm ready for the next GMD! haha that's a lie please let me sleep

aaand the obligatory...

Go, Blue Team!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nqImgDg.png[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
So... there were only 28 days total this time? (I'm pretty sure I hit every day and I've only 28 posts, so...)

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GMD Day 24

(for yesterday)

Still working on the combat system a little.

Edited some skills, testing out random things.

Final day, but unfortunately couldn't finish a demo as I still need to make a map where this tutorial for the combat system will take place.

nqImgDg.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, 4 full weeks.

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Final post then!

Monday, 3/3/2014

Worked on the move set for Super Boss #2, and some custom animations for him.  He has multiple phases, and during his second phase he constricts an opponent with his snake tail.  The opponent takes 20% damage every turn and can't move.  The only way to end this is by destroying his tail.  Along with this, needed to make photoshop cuts for battlers and animations for tail/tail constriction.

Tuesday, 3/4/2014

Wanted to see if I could do a re-work of the crypt background since it's so plain.  As of right now, having a little trouble with it, but it may have been because I was lazy.  I need to re-research smart select, and perhaps start using the pen tool again to overcome that laziness.  I'd like to post a few more videos of bosses once I get back to re-balancing the player characters.

PJBsfCi.png
PJBsfCi.png

@Shaz, when would we be able to re-update our schedules for March...will there be a second topic created? :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've posted the final week's scores to the scoresheet (link first page).

To everyone who made it through, or nearly made it through, congratulations and well done! Archeia will take care of issuing awards and will also do the prize draw.

Keep your eyes out for the NEW thread for March/April GMD signups, and get in quick to book your team :)

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Maybe I'm blind, but I'm not seeing the weekly scores on the scoresheet or the final week.

But it was really fun and thanks so much for organizing this!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep, they're there. Look for the tab at the bottom that says Week 4 :) (there WERE only 4 weeks in Feb's GMD, though each week ran from Tuesday to Monday)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...
Had a nice visit with our family. Dad grilled some burgers and mom made baked beans and fudge. We also watched Foul Play. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn make an awesome duo. I am surprised how much of the movie I forgot LOL. How did everyone else's holidays go?
Got a windowskin working nicely to go with Mog's menu plugins.
p8BE5bj.png

tsD4gZS.png

nwpeK84.png
Just getting started on RPG maker and having a blast!
I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J_Heider