Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
No, just make sure you do 4 posts a week, and I'll make a note that the days will change. Note - a "week" starts on Monday and ends on Sunday. So as long as you've got 4 posts within that range, you'll be good. I've put you into Ksi.
Okies. Three this week then, assuming I've got sunday free. :)

#1, Friday (had stuff afterwards), Ksi:

Drew concept art main characters for a short promotional game. Picked out music & color palettes for scenes. Made a basic skeleton of a game in RMVX Ace. Corridors leading to each map, unfinished conversations etc, just enough to see how it would play like when completed. It's not very screenshot worthy though so I'll try for one of those tomorrow instead. :)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I missed a day because our ISP went dead and I'm using a mobile internet right now.

But yesterday I did some story writing and stuffs. Today I made some sprites.

Still game making and making custom facesets but I might lose my internet soon.

Dark Paladin

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll Join next month I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

MagicMagor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Week 1: Saturday

I did some of everything mostly. I worked on the cave maps used as a "tileset" for my random dungeon generation. Now i have at least one version for every possible kind of room (19 in total).

Did some short databasing, making some items that drop from monsters or can be found in the caves, used as a main income source.

And lastly started on eventing the adventurers guild, starting with explaining all the juicy benefits the player can get from joining.

Not much, but at least something.

Team Gamma + 1

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
Time for my update: My goal for this GMD will to be release a short demo for my new project, which is a Strategy/RPG heavily influenced by the Fire Emblem and Shining Force games. 

World building taken up to 11. And did research. Lots of it. Everything from Medieval Europe to Duchies to plagues/revolts of that time to weaponary to reading game scripts. 

Started to brainstorm game mechanics ( since I also jotted down main plot points of the game so I know in which direction to take it ).

Weapon and armour weight. Affects the unit's availiable movement. If the unit exceeds their

carrying weight limit, they cannot move or evade. Bulkier classes, like Great Knights, naturally

tend to carry more weight than normal Paladins and fighter-type units.

Terrain effects. Will either hinder or help your allies and enemies alike. Unless the unit is a Levitator,

then he/she will ignore all terrain, but with a weakness to bows and wind magic.

Backattacks deal more damage than regular attacks. Same with Co-op/Support attacks.

Upgradable weapons. Weapons can break as well, but the durability is generated randomly. Find diffrent

mineral ores scattered around the world map to strengthen your weapons.

Test maps. Most combat maps will take place over a very large area,with plenty of enemies.

Team Zeta: +1

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Numbah 1 Konata Izumi fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chocobo
Primarily Uses
Missed to update yesterday, I was tired ;_;

GMD Entry 5

Worked on story retweakage and gameplay planning :3 and made a layout for a map XD >.<

GMD Entry 6

I made some maps and I looked for possible facesets since I want emo facesets >.< I decided on Kaduki for now being the lover of the kaduki faces that I am XD

Here are the maps~

+2

Hollow

(◡‿◡✿)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finished up the sprite and portrait from yesterday, and now I just need to find a better looking window skin...

TEAM GAMMA + 1

Doobles

That guy...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Day 5:

Finished my dungeon tileset save for a few additional props.  I'll post a pic tomorrow when everything finishes coming together.

+1

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
#2, Saturday, Ksi:

Sketched concept art for set pieces and wrote some dialogue. Began work on the custom tilesets with undetailed (colored and shaped) object blocks.

MagicMagor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Week 1: Sunday

I worked on the random dungeon generation script today. Looking good so far, i just need to tie a few loose ends in the script and then i could run a first test.

I also decided on a small change in the gameplay, making the dungeon crawler more rougelike and less like most other rpgmaker-games. On that front i started designing the camp-event, which will serve as a replacement for a town.

Team Gamma +1

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
GMD Entry 2:

Scrapped all of my previous maps I had been working on, added other autotiles and tilesets to my existing one, started to database enemies and skills, did Excel spreadsheets on character base stats and growth rates. Did more world-building. All of that info will eventually go in a game thread.

Tested out the graphics so I could get a feel for my future maps. No more towns, forests, dungeons to explore.

That town no longer exists... 
The game will probably be a hybrid of a strategy meets a visual novel.

Team Zeta +1

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chocobo
Primarily Uses
GMD Entry 7:

Worked on databasing and I made a sketch of my characters in a new design since I might be redoing them and making custom facesets etc.

Bad art ahead

I made these "circles" that signifies the environments that they come from, the guy come from a kingdom full of forests whilst the girl lives in snow covered areas...Damn...  I can't draw environmental objects XD
+1

Hollow

(◡‿◡✿)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mainly worked on puzzles and the like today. I fully evented quite a few before settling on two for the intro's mini-dungeon.

TEAM GAMMA + 1

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
#3, Sunday, Ksi:

Worked on custom scripting - still needs testing another day. Two systems: Diary-style objects (multiple pages to read, picture next to them) that are found on the ground and stored in your menu. Objectives log that is always shown when the menu is accessed.

Ratty524

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 5 went out the door as well, as I was preparing for a family visit. Last week probably gave me the least time for gam mak, but this week should be better.

Day 6:

For Chaos Sword, I worked on a cutscene, adding teleports to different maps for the whole thing to play out. It still needs to be finished and tested. I also changed one of my chest events so that it's accessible even during a story event that transpires in the first town of the game.

+1 Ksi

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chocobo
Primarily Uses
GMD Entry 8

Started a side project on VX since I've been having a creative block lately due to an idea I had >.<

I spent the day mapping out and adding events to the first areas and starting on the opening scene. I'll probably make a video with the opening scene tomorrow and post it :p

Here's some of the maps I did and eventing as well:

This was for a cutscene XD

OMG I LOVE KADUKI FACES!!!!!!!!! ;w;

I was thinking of making references to characters from other games like FF or even anime. I was even thinking of making forum members or forum game characters make small appearances XD
+1

Ratty524

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 7:

As I woke up this morning I came up with a solution to a problem I was having with my side project: Block panic. I had trouble creating a block that will transform other blocks into itself when pushed against it, it's a bad block basically. With self switches, I managed to make it work, as I'll demonstrate now.

When I push this normal blue block into the dreaded "skull" block...

It becomes a skull block itself, and other blocks pushed into that skull block will also become skull blocks.

So that's what I did today. I'm freakin' amazing... *shoots self*

+1 Ksi

Hollow

(◡‿◡✿)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry about not posting yesterday.  :(

July 6:

Finished all but one tiny map for the intro's mini-dungeon, and that includes eventing and all that.

July 7:

Today I reworked some of the story to fit around gameplay and began databasing other party members, their stats, and their classes.

TEAM GAMMA + 2

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
#4, Tuesday, Ksi:

Fixed some script bugs... then tested them, and fixed more bugs that my bug fixes caused. Oops! Worked on my skeleton some more and did basic mapping. Feeling the creative juices flowing for my next update after my tournament. :)

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ahh, It's been a while hasn't it. Anywhoooo:

Day 3

Today I worked on undoing my custom encryption thing that I showed last time i was here. I finished stage 1 (of 3) decryption, and fixed some issues in the encryption. I'm also going to take a break from that for a little bit. Is it a good idea? Probably not! but oh well, I have some other scripts to work on with my other project (two versions of one too!), so I have a lot of work to get done. Busy me.

+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Spoiled Food ---

M.Knight: Oh,no! the Bread has been Mold!
Chef: It's not Mold,it's in Fermentation.
M.Knight: Are you sure?
Chef: Y'know Cheese? It's safe to eat
(Chef eat the Moldy Bread,after that he take into the Hospital with Green Face)
Suddenly I remember the days when I create something just by pure wild imagination. I wasn't thinking about concept, structure, or anything else. Just create (even if it's unfinished in the end). Somehow I kinda want to have that wild imagination again. :D
Google "The Great Stink"
Enjoy.
Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewshetty123