Hollow

(◡‿◡✿)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whoops, a little late. Ah, well today was just me starting to balance my enemies around a free-turn battle system.

TEAM GAMMA + 1

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Sunday, Ksi:

Wrote a *lot* more of the game's dialogue. It's visual novelly (+ interactive areas), with lots of choices that affect future events and problem solving. You and a few others wake up on a train, with no memories of how you got there. It's not much of a spoiler, as the game's name is likely going to be "Helltrain", but you're all on a one-way trip to oblivion. I haven't decided yet if there'll be a way to escape your fate. Most of it revolves around the chaos other characters cause trying to deal with the situation.

I hope people would find how I handled faiths interesting & respectful. You can decide how your character feels about the afterlife through dialogue with others, and the game changes based on that. For a quick example: Believing in a god (unnamed one size fits all) makes the hellish visions radiate heat, beliving in fate makes them cold & squally, and believing in nothing makes them shadowy and lifeless. Sent off part of the script to a mormon friend for her opinion. One of the major characters is an unmarried LDS woman, and if you're not familiar with them, they have a somewhat different view of the afterlife than most people.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day 9

Today was an awesome day for me!

• I went swimming
  • I had tacos for dinn- wait, this isn't what I post about.

Joking aside, today was still an awesome day for me!

• I fixed (seemingly) all bugs with scrolling (a whole series of bugs that I've had for a few days but deemed less important, as they didn't cause any *huge* issue, but they needed to be fixed before release).
  • I fixed some placement with my cursor.
  • I added checks to make sure we are permitted to run the custom scene (Untested, admittedly, but it should work fine).
  • Added documentation to my code, to allow others (and myself) to understand what each method does. All methods are documented (and noted as NEW METHOD, ALIASED METHOD, or REWRITTEN METHOD) for what they do (short summary), though the lines of code are sparesly documented, and may not be clear as it was just me talking to myself. Again. :T

So yes, it was a great day for me! How was it for you?

+1

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will be pulling out of GMD. This month has been so hectic, I've barely had time to visit the forum most days.

I will update the score sheet for the first two weeks tomorrow or Wednesday.

Hope you're all making heaps of progress :)

Ratty524

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 11:

Work-in-progress promo art for the main character of Chaos Sword:

Using the stroke tool in Gimp is so tedious, and then I'll have to edit the line art itself once it's all put together.

I love what I do. :D

+1 Ksi

Doobles

That guy...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Day 9:

Took a break from working on tilesets and made a few maps.  Nothing too exciting.

+1

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, so, Day 10

Today I worked some more on commands, finishing one and planning two others. I also fixed a few bugs, but more are probably hidden somewhere.

Day 11

Today I was working on a different version of the same script (I have 3 versions, 1 base 2 specific), and finished it. I won't be releasing this one to the public, though, maybe the second version I will, but not this one.

+2

Last edited by a moderator:

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Numbah 1 Konata Izumi fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chocobo
Primarily Uses
H-How could I miss two days >.< It won't happen again(I hope....)

GMD Entry 15

I mostly worked on mapping... school started for me today ;_; So... I probably won't be able to work as much as I used to sadly =/

GMD Entry 16

Continued mapping and I also did some story planning ^.^ Lol, I changed a bunch of stuff mostly the goal of the game and why the characters are involved in this "goal" derp...

GMD Entry 17

More story :p I finally have a name, it's Exitium. I wonder who knows what that means :3(it's Latin :D ) but beside that I started with more Databasing which... isn't exactly something I like that much lol >.< Mostly making new animations..

+3

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Wednesday, Ksi:

Haven't heard back from my friend yet, so I did a lot of icon drawing instead of working on the story scenes. I also fixed up a few of my scriptworks for a public release tomorrow - no one else would've been able to understand them last week, and I'm sure I'd have forgotten how to use them eventually. :)

Some of y'all are missing your updates! Work on your games!

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day 12

Today I fixed a minor bug, but didn't finish anytime new. I can't seem to find what's causing this one feature to not work, no matter how many different thing I've tried. I may have to drop it if I can't solve it.

+1

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Thursday, Ksi:

Nearly finished my stylized GUI and message icons. Redid the timer. No more big box with numbers counting down, it's now a bar on the screen (currently a rope with fiery sparkles on the end) that burns as it ticks down. Continued getting stuff ready for public release as well. :)

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day 13

Today I fixed the issue I was having yesterday! Hurray! Today I encountered a new one (unrelated), oh no! Hopefully this one will come to me after I get some much needed sleep. I'm really hoping to get this script and the other done by my deadline! :s I should be able to, but I'm hopeful.

+1

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry for the delay everyone. Weeks 1 and 2 have been updated in the score sheet.

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Numbah 1 Konata Izumi fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chocobo
Primarily Uses
GMD Entry 18

Worked on some gameplay stuff, looking for particular scripts for my project, along with that I also made a layout of a town map.

GMD Entry 19

I continued my search for the scripts, finding a few that I like, I downloaded the demos and tested each until I found one that I think would work. So I also added the script to my project and did all the settings, copying etc.

+2

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day 14

I miraculously found a way to fix yesterday's bug, so now the script actually works. (Yes, it was that bad). In addition to that bugfix, I fixed another bug that was no where near as crucial. As far as I know, there is currently only one bug in the script that I need to fix. It isn't terrible, but it shouldn't be there. I also fixed two bugs in another script, as I'm currently working on two scripts. Both are similar, and have a deadline that is creeping up, so I'm trying to get them as ironed out as I can before their deadline.

+1

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
GMD Entry 4:

Pretty much spent most of my time doing final testing for my game, and sending it out to my testers. And working on some art as well. I thought I had given up on it but...

Eh, I'm no Archeia, that's for sure. XD But I try... I try.

Zeta +1

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Luchino

That character looks rather manly. Nothing wrong with that however. Still is she checking out blade or something?

Oops, I commented on this thread. :)

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Saturday, Ksi:

Wrote more of the story. Scripted a "Show Choices" addon that creates artsy windows for each instead of lumping them all in a message box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zindasan0078