Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Be prepared for an incoming chainbreak challenge~
Nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono

Day 15

today I fixed my main bug from yesterday's post, and fixed a few other issues with it. There's still a few things that can technically be considered 'wrong', but that's not something I can fix with the script, due to how it should be operating. I'm sure there's still a few things to fix or optimize but for now all seems to work perfectly well. Just one more script to go for the deadline! It's creeping up too ;~;

+1

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
Spent most of the day testing again ( an 8 hour game, tested in chunks... 2 hour chunks ) and started brainstorming more ideas for game replayability. Going to expand the item synthesis system currently being used in the game and going to try and tie it in to hunting down beasties and such ( blame FF12 for this. Great game ).

But I also want to expand on game lore without shoving an info dump on the player. Like a scene like this:

Fonteinian nuns honouring the month of Saimhain in the game. They chant and sing in an otherworldy voice. More info can be found by speaking to various NPCs. One thing I hate about RM games in general is dull, lifeless NPCs.

Zeta +1

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Sunday, Ksi:

Wrote a little script that causes my game's interactive objects to have glowing outlines if the player hasn't used any recently - starting subtly. This effect is also enabled with a hotkey. It's unfortunately pretty laggy right now because it's relying on the get_pixel/set_pixel commands and I forgot that was a terrible idea. -___-

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sunday, July 22nd

Today was mostly just bugfixes in one of my scripts as it's getting ready for release. It should be finished tomorrow, if it isn't already. Only one to go after that~

+1

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Numbah 1 Konata Izumi fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chocobo
Primarily Uses
I'm probably the only one actually looking forward to this ^^ XD

GMD Entry 20

I have a bit of lack of motivation on game making side >.< But I'm trying to spend 30 min minimum still each day. Today was mostly spent on story design. I also thought of a possible "hub town" and how it would be like. With that I made a quick layout of the hub :3

GMD Entry 21

I did some music searching today mostly(for the hub town a song was needed ;w;), didn't get very lucky sadly. Besides that I continued with the town, making some of the buildings but not adding major details to them and lastly I did some script hunting for a specific script, learning abilities from weapons but I didn't find any sadly  ;_;

GMD Entry 22

I finally found the motivation I wanted for my main project ;w; So happy(thank you FF6 Balance and Ruin :3) So with that I made some designs for my characters, nothing major though more like small sketches. Along with that I did some mapping for the project redoing a few maps I didn't really feel satisfied with. I also tried to look for the skill learning script again but I just can't seem to find one for VX.

+3

Ratty524

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something tells me I caused this.

Yeaaah last week was full of stuff, and I could make time for this.

But I'm back on schedule, sort of. Missed at least 5 days. x_x

Day 16:

Wanted to make my caves actually feel like caves, so I added a little lighting effect to obscure some of the passageway and give this a more "dungeon-like" feel. Aside from that I was doing a lot of playtesting and bug-testing.

By the way I made some art for the main character of this game and never posted it, so here:

+1 Ksi

Last edited by a moderator:

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Monday, July 22nd

Today I got some bugs fixed in my scripts. On the one I was working on yesterday, I fixed a bug that would prevent the main menu from opening. Ever. I also wrote a manual for its usage to help reduce questions about it and what not.

On my other script, I organized some methods, fixed a few .to_whatevers, and have another (rather important) issue in it to fix tomorrow.

+1

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chocobo
Primarily Uses
GMD Entry 23

Worked on some maps and starting drawing more designs for important npcs.

+1

Ratty524

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 17:

Had to adjust the size of my cave maps to accommodate the picture graphic. I just realized how annoying it is to re-map stuff in VX Ace. What was wrong with XP's map layers? >_<

Other than that I adressed some oddities and bugs with some of the events associated with that area.

+1 Ksi

Doobles

That guy...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Days 10, 11, 12, 13:

I haven't been working too much on my game these days, but I've made some progress.

-last Tuesday I did some more mapping for my crypt (July 16)

-last Wednesday I started mapping a few dungeons (July 17)

-last Thursday I created a few more tiles for the dungeon tileset (July 18)

-yesterday I got my wisdom teeth taken out so I had no motivation to do anything (July 23)

-today I worked on the window skin for my game (July 24)

+4

Ratty524

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 18:

Worked on some general sprites for a game I am making for a little event at RMN.

+1 Ksi

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Wednesday, Ksi:

Heard back from my friend and rewrote part of the story.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Week 3 has been updated in the score sheet.

REMEMBER your updates are meant to be SUBSTANTIAL DESCRIPTIONS of what you've done. There have been a lot of 10-word-or-less updates saying "I mapped", "I wrote some dialogue", which really shouldn't be getting counted.

PLEASE folks, try and post your update on the day you work. Multiple updates in a single post should be avoided where possible, and when they must be done, PLEASE put the dates against them. Something like this is really hard to work with.

Days 10, 11, 12, 13:

I haven't been working too much on my game these days, but I've made some progress.

-last Tuesday I did some more mapping for my crypt

-last Wednesday I started mapping a few dungeons

-last Thursday I created a few more tiles for the dungeon tileset

-yesterday I got my wisdom teeth taken out so I had no motivation to do anything

-today I worked on the window skin

+4

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oops, almost forgot to post again!

Tuesday, July 23rd

Today I added a few more features to one of the commands that I've had, it's a very general command. I've also documented a few more commands, but not all of them.

Wednesday, July 24th

Today was a busy day. I added the rest of the commands, I documented them, I fixed multiple bugs, I finished writing the list of new and aliased methods, I wrote the annoyingly long help command, I finished it. It's done, the deadline is tomorrow (technically today with my posting time), and it's done. I really hope the script works well for the person who's getting it :) .

I'm off to the beach tomorrow, but not until the afternoon, so I'll still probably get *something* done. It's time to make moar scripts!

Oh right: 
+2

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chocobo
Primarily Uses
GMD Entry 24

I worked on some mapping :p Did some more forest ones, They're not quite done yet because I still need to add some effects on PS and with that I did some art stuff, looked for a generator to make portraits for my game :3

GMD Entry 25

I found a nice generator after a looong search >.< Here it is~

LOL I hope it looks okay :D With that I also did some eventing mostly cutscenes and stuff.

+2

Doobles

That guy...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Day 14 (7/26):

I've been attempting to start a new tileset, however, it is behaving very strangely when it shows up in game.  By strange I mean the walls do not connect or show up the way they should. I'll need to look into this issue some more because as of right now, compared with the other sets I've made, I cannot figure out why this particular one won't work.

Good news, I started working on the exterior... sort of.  I pulled this exterior tileset from another one of my scrapped project and felt it fit the art style well.

+1

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thursday, July 25th

Today I started to look into making DLLs that work with RPG Maker. It's been a while since I've been in the wonderful[citation needed] world of C++, so it's not going very well at all. Nevertheless I really want to be able to add some awesome features to my games, but I'm 102% positive it can't be done without external DLL files.

Semicolons are terrible. I always forget them ;~;

Oh look, there they are ^     ^

+1

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Thursday, Ksi:

Started work on the halfway event of my game. Prior to this your dialogue choices affect your relationship with the other riders. The train's destination is revealed, and people freak out dividing into groups/actions. It should be a nice little break from the rest of the gameplay. Still a lot more to do on it though.

Ratty524

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 20 (ugh, missed yesterday):

Made the layout for the main level of the mini-game I'm working on for RMN's event, and also made a few more character sprites. The layout is similar to that of Frogger, since that's what the game is based on.

I hope I can finish before the end of this month. >_<

+1 Ksi

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Friday, July 26th

Today I was working more with DLL files. I got one to run! But then I tried to make it actually do something useful, and now everything is falling apart. It's crashing, and I don't have the slightest clue why. This is going to be a loooong experiment ;-;

+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

YES! officially released my games soundtrack on Itunes, Spotify, and Amazon..... kinda cool!

Another old age version of Reid. Trying out different style.
Hey everyone! Not sure how many people know about Cafofo Music on Itch.io, but I highly recommend their Sound Effects! It is amazing quality AND quantity and best of all, they are having a 50% sale! I can't express how much I love sales.
Wow.... My last map GIF got 47 likes, 16 retweet and 2,105 views on Twitter in 24 hours. My game thread here's only got 3k views in 6-7 months. I guess building my Twitter was insanely worth it. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeoValinferno