​
Name: Koth​
HP: ????​
MP: ??​
This enemy attacks every midnight​
 ​
Requirements to Defeat:
This chainbreak challenge is different this time!​
All teams must work together to defeat it. But each team has their own "total" damage points.​
Screenshot of Work in Progress = 30 Damage per each image​
300+ Word Count = 150 Damage, +50 if +300 more. (e.g. 600, 900, etc).​
Gameplay Mechanics Discussion = 100 Damage​
Video Gameplay = 500 Damage​
 ​
The team with most damage gets a full 8 Gems.​
The other teams get 6 Gems.​
 ​
Enjoy everyone~​

Last edited by a moderator:

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
Challenge accepted:

GMD Entry 5:

Spent most of the last few days fleshing out Tairngire, adding in places of interest ( like guilds

and abandoned ruins ), the usual interesting NPCs ( most of them now give lots of useful information, which is 

highlighted in green ) and the usual grind that goes for testing around here. Rehauled some aspects of the 

world map, thinking out things more logically ( as in placements of trade-routes, towns etc. ) because when I 

started this project back in 2011 I was just going with the flow of things. So I redid a couple of things.

Regarding gameplay:

- Enemies no longer drop gold, rather, they drop loot which you can either sell or trade ( like FF12 Bazaar 

system, unlike that sneaky ( but great game ), the player actually knows what they are getting ) for new

weapons/armour/items. And it is usually worth the effort of finding the loot, because the player ends up

saving quite a lot of money in the future.

- The severe lack of cash will also ( hopefully ) encourage the player to take on sidequests for some

extra pocket change. Large cash bonuses are also rewarded for slaying optional bosses.

- NPCs have multiple things to say as well now. This will take a while to do for the whole game. No idea

how many lines of dialogue I've written since I started this thing...

- Also made a new title screen.

Other screens for today:

( Word count: 246)

My 500 damage whopper comes tomorrow. >:}

+1 Zeta

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Saturday, Ksi:

Lengthy videochat over Skype with the artist I hired for character portraits. She had a bunch of concept art she wanted feedback on. Liking her progress so far. :)

I'll see what I can do about that chainbreak challenge monday/tuesday.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry for the long wait guys~ Here's your chainbreak challenge :3
Oh gee! It's just what I wanted >_>

Saturday, July 27th

Today I continued to look into DLL files. I had even gotten to a point where I thought everything would work nicely. Then I hit a pothot: something in C++ made a method that returns a string consume the first argument, never to be seen again. Naturally, this was an issue. We need the arguments the method is designed to take, so we can't just have the system eat them up. So I had to come up with a new plan that worked around this, and I did. The function returns nothing, so all the arguments will exist fine, but now I have to save what I would have returned into a file, then read the file in Ruby, then delete the file, and then continue processing. This takes a lot more steps. Sure, I could have gone and made a hack-'n-slash solution to make it work, but I couldn't guarantee that it would work on every computer, so I decided to go on the longer route.

So you'd think that means it worked, right? HAHAHA. No. Of course, once you save the file for the string that Ruby was supposed to get easily, it gets screwed up. Every line of the text file has an extra new line. Now, you may think 'No big deal! Just remove them!' Ohohohoh I wish. The DLL file is poking around with game data files. I.E. Break it and you die. I can't just randomly remove lines guessing if it's right. I really didn't think it'd be an issue. For the script file it probably wouldn't actually be an issue, space there won't cause most things to make a nuclear explosion of errors. But, no. Loading a Map file that went through this... gauntlet of maceration did not work. I was going to have a video to show it in action, but of course it doesn't work. Seeing as tomorrow is the last day for GMD, I hope to have it fixed for a video to show what I'm working on. Perhaps while I wait for some help on this issue I'll begin working on other functions for the DLL.

+1

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Numbah 1 Konata Izumi fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chocobo
Primarily Uses
Yay Chainbreak~ XD

GMD Entry 26(this one won't be for the chainbreak since I missed it)

Worked on making more portraits with the generator thingy and I also looked up some spriting tutorials since I might make my own sprites for totally custom characters :3

GMD Entry 27(27 July)

Well lol today I actually spent a lot of time doing digital art XD It's not something game related so I won't post it lol Besides that I worked on some mapping for the opening scenes(which is still not done >.< ;) which will have areas like a forest, desert, another forest lol and the snowy place :p I'm too tired(with a headache to boot ;_; )to write out a 300 word things so I'll do some screenshot damage instead~

+2

--For some reason my post didn't well... post last night. I'll do today's update later~ I hope that's okay ;-;

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
GMD Entry 6:

Luchi readies Gattling Gun! ( joking, I doubt it would hurt that thing anyway  )

The track may be a placeholder. It is a Xenogears remix ( June Mermaid ), after all. But I like it...

And it's so soothing. Combined with that sea washing to and from... aaaaah.

Pretty much everything I've done for today is summed up there, including the teleport system. I also added

an extremely simple journal that will direct the player as to where they should go next.

+1 Zeta

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Sunday, Ksi:

Did some minor tileset work (concepts/placeholders for set pieces), set up event sequences and played through the skeleton of my game to make sure it works as it's supposed to. Surprisingly it did. I'm used to having bugs everywhere. :)

No time to work on my game today it looks like, bah.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sunday, July 28th

Today I didn't even try to work with the DLLs again. I didn't want to go crazy with them. This time, I worked on ruby scripts. Those are nice, much easier, and don't make me as crazy. The script I worked mostly on will work with the DLL, I'm hoping that with this script more on the finished side, I can test the DLL how it will be intended to be, in hopes that it will work better. It also helps me fix it properly so that if it works this way, it should work every way. Since the DLL is still very, very experimental, I can't release any details about it. It may end up never being finished due to it corrupting data, but I've very hopeful that it will get finished soon.

Aside from working on the DLL and ruby script associated with it, I fixed a few bugs with some other scripts. I'm considering changing one of them a lot, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to. I've also looked at one of my older scripts and realized that it is abysmally buggy, and so I took it off the list of things to be released. I may fix it up to be releasable if I manage to get the time today or tomorrow, but with DLL testing and bug hunting, I'm not sure when that may be.

I have a lot of ideas for future work, too, but with some of the limitations RPG Maker has, it may take a very long time and a great amount of effort to get around them. Some of the ideas I've had I've begun to think on how I could work on them. Some aren't all that difficult to accomplish, while some are extremely challenging.

+1

This is the last update for July, right? It ends on the 28th of the month?

Zechnophobe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do you plan to do something like this for August? Or just keep extending? I've been consistently doing a few hours work the past few weeks (since picking up RPG maker vx ace) and would consider contributing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Getting work done in the hospital is a little tough :kaosigh:
Yet another custom skill animation, sometimes i waste too much time on details people will barely notice :kaocry:
Time flies by... already 1/6th of the calendar released :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KM_Dub