Lady-Elise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
Day 9:

Was really busy with school so didn't get much done really. I made the graphic HUD for all my other

characters for in combat as wel as made some busts for use in messages. Now I only need to find a

suitable script that allows the use of this ^w^

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Blargh. Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. Saturday was a short day.

Game Making Drive Day 18

• More delegation as usual, mainly bust art for a new character.
  • Tileset fixing and editing for the army camp. Some of the tent skewers weren't playing nice with passability so I fixed it by restricting movement through them.

Game Making Drive Day 19

• More delegation as usual, mainly bust art.
  • Played around more with the world map, tested out using the airship.
  • Evented through army camp. Changed event blockades that keep the player from roaming freely, instead they're ushered into the main tent.
  • Finished all dialogue for the main tent of the army camp, where a lot of information is given and story progression hits a checkpoint.
  • Compiled placeholder tilesets for use in making future towns/maps while environmental artist is out.

Game Making Drive Day 20

• More delegation as usual, mainly for a bust generator and army camp music.
  • Edited/cleaned up a few of the HD custom busts, shrunk to game size. Compiled them into facesets and imported.
  • Tested out multiple tracks for the army camp, during which I went back and cleaned up scenes and added/changed dialogue and movements.
  • Finished eventing the main tent of the army camp including movements, expressions and in-betweens, added some dialogue lines.
  • Collaboration with a backer for their own town in the game.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
GMD DAY 17

Goal: Test out Field setup for A2 and decide which will work better. Make more ground tiles.

Now that I can think a little more clearly testing out the A2 tiles went quickly. The field option works much better in some ways and requires more shift clicking in others. It's a bit of a toss up but I decided to go with field type. With a little bit of editing the A2 tiles are now transparent where they need to be and arranged properly.

I spent more time than I should have trying to sort out how to make a thin road autotile that works the way I expect, but it just isn't going to happen. Have to give up on the autotile aspect, sadly.

Made a couple of autotiles and then had to redo the silly thing from scratch because of a whole series of really stupid mistakes that made it unusable and unfixable. I do know better than to flatten an image before I've tested it, really I do! You know, normally. Stupid head cold. Anyway, got the new autotiles sorted again and tweaked an older one to work better with the new tiles.

Today's Goal: Decide if I really want to do rivers and lakes or if it's fine as is. Finish A2.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My Day 18 (maybe I'm confused)

Thought that I wouldn't be able to post, as I couldn't get onto the site for ages, despite lots of attempts.

This, therefore, has to be very brief.

Redid the second map that needed it.  Quite a big one with a few complexities, so took a long time.

Went through a couple of significant points in the story trying to ensure that the conditionals took account of all the possible ways that players might have accomplished (or failed) some connected things.  Difficult to be confident that I have anticipated all possible permutations.

EDIT

forgot the little pic.  Mustn't lose the team a point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses

April 10, 2014

- Doing more new maps for Flamel and thinking of puzzles to add

- Editing my command style script coz I realized some flaws with the current logic

- Probably gonna be editing the Lanthanum Lights to re-enable the tinting of the battle scene

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Entry #11

Didn't get much done. I messed around with some map edits and researched a few scripts I thought about using, bookmarked them for later use. So today was more research and touchups than creating something new. Still progress though.

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GMD Day 10

Worked on the squadron map again for a little, came up with a new idea to help with the cliff problem so today I was just mostly messing around and testing things.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will post up the Week 3 scores this evening for everyone to see.

GMD is nearly finished. April 11 is the last day - make sure you get your posts up nice and quickly :)

I hope you've all made a heap of progress on your games and are happy with what you accomplished!

Next GMD will begin on May 1, which gives you an almost 3 week break. I hope to see as many of you back again as possible. Remember, if you find it a bit difficult to keep up, you can just choose an easier schedule :) We'll see if we can get the signup thread up and running in about 2 weeks (or by the last weekend in April).

Blindga

Relax and Rethink
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Day 18

Kind of a think day today. A lot of questions on my mind that I need to answer.

Mostly been thinking of how to organize the gameplay to ensure smooth story/game integration. Its kind of difficult. Thinking of combat classes and roles and themes.

I know the main thing I want is a big difference between the main character and the secondary main characters. The heroine relies more on the use of weapons and combat skills, and is limited by stamina, and her allies are witches who attack with Arcana and are limited by focus. I want this to be a tactical rpg, with the idea that the player has to plan moves using the one 'strong' character to protect the weaker party against large numbers of foes. Its almost more of a puzzle battle game, with less of a focus on stats and equipment and more on the moves and new strategies introduced throughout the game.

I'm just not sure how many characters I want, or how battle would flow with multiple spell casters. Originally, this game was going to have a two protagonist party. I then added four more characters, but decided to axe one of them and bring the party down to five. I could go with anything between five or two, maybe higher. So long as the two main key characters are present, I have no real expectations. I have a lot of character ideas, but nothing really developed. I wouldn't mind reducing the party size back to two, but I'd hate to waste the designs I have. Three maybe? Four? I'm not really sure.

That aside, not much drawing today. Although I still have all my drawings planned, I'm more thinking of just WHO I should be drawing. I don't want to really push forward with that until I know for sure exactly how many defined characters I have.

Hopefully will have that decided on soon.

Alusair1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I spent the little bit of time I had this evening playtesting the dungeon I have been slowly building on.  Making notes of things that then need to be taken into account elsewhere in the world once the objective in that dungeon is finished.  I gain more and more respect for all the people who have made games in the past that I have play, whether RPGs or not.  Its a lot of work, but its certainly fun as I see things slowly building up as I add a little more here and there.

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
09\04

Still feelling like crap. Started to work on the main "exit" of the introductory dungeon. That's pretty much everything. So sorry not bringing more but hey, sometimes health just screws you up. 

I'll try to continue to make some updates until the end of the gmd but I promise nothing, I'm so pooped I can't focus properly on anything , my daughter taking the last energy out of me. 

kj3400

Hmph Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Day 12: Wednesday

I've finally decided on a name for my weapon. It will use ammo, and will be upgradable. I think I might give it a puzzle component too. At the moment, I'm trying to put it in the database, which is actually proving quite boring. I suppose once I finish, it'll have been worth it.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Week 3 points are up, everyone! Make sure you look for the "Week 3" tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet :)

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
10/04

A day that started like crap but ended up much better. I did mapping mainly so here are two screens for you : 

This damn kitchen and the main entrance of the introductory "dungeon". Still wip though. This introduction will have taken me thousands more days than I expected. But well, it's for the best. 

Still have things to add on some room though. 

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
GMD DAY 18

Goal: Decide if I really want to do rivers and lakes or if it's fine as is. Finish A2.

I started by fixing up a mountain tile that was shaded incorrectly, then I made a few more A2 tiles. Doing islands and deltas on the same day was a mistake. Ooooow. They look awesome though. Those had a lot more fiddly bits than the other tiles I'd been working on so they took a bit longer than I planned. A2 isn't done but I've got all the land tiles where I want them. Decided not to do something separate for the lakes. Still considering rivers, but if I do them they won't be autotiles.

Today's Goal: Finish the tiles planned for A2. Make some corners for A5.

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Reaction score
First Language
English

Day 27

Managed to find a few hours to map in between baby sitting and baby sitting (two different 'baby'). So yeah. Mainly just outer maps - forested hills, lake, cave. I started on a lonely manor but ugh, it's giving me issues. I don't know if I want to make it near a shoreline or not. It could be either, the way it's placed on a map (it's on an island) and while mapping out a shore isn't too bad, it'd mean I'd have to deal with cliffage and I just wasn't really feeling the cliffs today, if you understand me.

But yeah, mapping. Joy. ;p

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My Day 19

Another bout of dialogue polishing.  I have one character who just doesn't seem to want to be assimilated into the general run of things; at the moment, therefore, he feels a bit of an add-on rather than an integral member of the group.  I have a couple of ideas for how to deal with this; I'll just have to play around with it for a while.

And... have begun yet another playtest, from the beginning.  Trouble is, I'm now so familiar with things that it's difficult for me to notice anything out of place, as I know exactly what I think should be happening.  Fatal if I want to spot errors.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses

April 11, 2014

- For the last day of this GMD, this is what I've done

Basically, I've been working on putting Yami's old PCTB script on that project. Spent quite the time fixing compatibility problems. I'd still need to play with the layout and work on my own style for the status window

Clydous

Slowly moseying my way back...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day 4:

Did more writing for the story of my game. It's progressing nicely. Also fooled around with the Modern Day Resource tiles I picked up to make the first map of my city. The actual map is larger than this, but I couldn't fit the whole thing into the screenshot.

Happy, so far, with how it's looking. I'll have to make more adjustments later, though. Oh, and the events behind the tree are there to stop players from moving. The event ON the tree is a bit of text that simply says: Life in the big city ain't easy.

Blindga

Relax and Rethink
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Day 19

So I did some drawing today. Nothing to show yet.

I also did some idea planning. Chattered with a few people. One thing I had been having problems with after shifting to this new idea with the protagonists being less well off, and more hated against, was how big is the new cast? I know I have a few people I wanted to keep, but some of the extras aren't going to be able to stay with their current role. After thinking of a few alternatives, I ultimately decided I would recycle some of the secondary protagonists into a different idea and reduce the starting party size again.

In a sense at least.

I now know for sure how many characters are going to be in the cast at one time: Six. The initial cast is three.

Amy Cris: A woman from our world who is summoned into becoming a guardian in the dark fantasy land of Asylos. Now she is a bodyguard servant to a pair of witches, and she struggles to adapt to her new identity. With her body and soul remade by magic, she serves as a Fighter who protects her weaker allies with amazing combat feats.

Leanne Vox: A sly and mystical woman who was born into witchcraft, and has spent her entire life a spell caster. She works in secret for her kingdom as an agent; hired to solve problems ordinary people cannot. She is an expert Witch who uses Arcana to fight from afar and manipulate her enemies.

Chelsea Crux: An ex-psychopath who found peace by learning magic after a spell saved her life. Leanne's best friend, and a fellow agent for her kingdom. Like Leanne, she is a Witch; fighting off her enemies from a distance using Arcana and Magicks.

Then there are two more characters who join in the story. One more witch and one more fighter.

The sixth character slot is an assist character. Throughout the game the player meets and sides with various petty individuals. Magick dabblers, outcasts, vigilantes, and mercenaries that can all be recruited into the player-customizable assist role. The assist character provides some extra dialogue to the story, and helps in battle by being a passive bonus giver on the field, and by using finite charcter skills to help out in battle. This gives the player a little extra freedom on the overall party setup.

My current question at the moment is this: I know my main cast isn't exactly wealthy anymore, but I'm not sure where to put them on the social ladder. I have three basic ideas at the moment. Outcast: Which is a bit like Chelsea's current design; owning virtually nothing but scavenged goods and living off the land. Low class: A bit of a step up in that they aren't exactly with nothing, but they are still generally lowly and live on their skills. Or Mid Class: In that they aren't exactly poor, maybe even richer then they let on given that they work for the kingdom, but fall in the middle area of not having much anyways.

Outcast, Lower Class, or Middle. I need to decide on that next. Probably won't be in this GMD though. Maybe...

Got one idea done though. Starting cast is officially three.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(
Ami
tethering is my lifesaver,especially when computer or laptop doesn't support internet connection.
convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.
Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravichah