Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
DAY 4

Goal: Make a whole bunch of B tiles for my side project.

Man, it was so much easier to work while on vacation, I really need to figure out exactly why so I can recreate it without going halfway across the country.

I got a couple of B tiles made for the side project, not as much as I wanted but they were bigger tiles and it took a little time to get used to the style again.

Today's Goal: Make a few more a5 tiles for the side project.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Day 10

Finished another dungeon. It didn't turn out as good as I wanted, but...oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My Day 10

Mostly continued with compiling the initial tile sheets.  There's more editing than I had hoped, as I'm using a somewhat different palette this time, and some of my existing tiles/edits clash.  Spent a ridiculous amount of time making a tile which will only appear on one map for a few minutes, but which I need for story purposes (a dog basket, since you asked).  I wish I was better at this sort of thing.

Took a (very) short break to make a simple map for the mapping competition.  I think it's probably too minimalist to appeal.  However, it did leave me a bit fresher so that I could complete that tile, so it served some purpose.

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Entry #6 (I always forget and have to count backwards)

Here's what I have for a world map so far. At 1/8 and 1/4:

and 1/4

Never made a world map before. The top snow area and few other sections are sparse at the moment. It's supposed to be sort of condensed and not uberly large so it's kind of compacted. Please give me suggestions if it's terribad. I haven't done this big of making before. Thanks =)
Also got my GW2 account hacked from someone in China...Going to have it reset to a point so I can recover all my stuff. My characters were naked with no money :[ It was a bad morning...

That's all for today.

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GMD Day 10:

Not finished for the day yet, but writing this during a bit of down time.

I started the exterior mapping of the next town/castle in the game. Settled on the name (Malkuth). For Pleroma, rather than shrink the Pub I added a dozen new NPC's and some tables to fill it out. All I need now is some witty dialog for all of them, but I should have that done tonight. Toss in one more minor quest with one of them and I think it should come off pretty well.

Still trying to think of what skills a miner, a wench, and a peasant could have to make combat 'interesting', given that none of them have 'real' combat training (Lyrra knocks out drunks with her tankard, Sofia swings a mean pick axe, and Jaxl may or may not have gotten himself into a scrape or two). I may resort to item use... better than nothing, and it just has to hold the player until the first class change, which isn't too long into the game.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 10

Finished another dungeon.
Game Rules

• If your post is not substantial enough or didn't say anything about your progress of that day, it is ignored.
Can you please add some more information? We don't just want you to say "I made a dungeon" - we want you to TALK about it a bit. Screenshots maybe, as well, if you feel like providing them.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Day 11

I did nothing! Why am I posting? Well I did nothing on my game, however I did go ahead and start working on a map for LamentingTomato.

Heres the thing... we agreed upon me making maps for him in exchange for battlers. Although it is one battler per comission, my question is... is it fair for me to make ninteen. Yes you heard right NINETEEN maps for one battler... is that fair? I know a battler is not easy to make, but ninteen... whew. What did he tell me to make? A haunted mansion using default tiles... he specified not to use other tiles. What a challenge this is going to be, so I set off and made nine of the nineteen maps. Which took me 6 ish hours. I really want to get it done and out of the way so I can continue on the dungeon, it took me so long, because I am actually trying my best.

So heres the exterior map to the Mansion

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7an4ydrrq2pdoj/Screenshot%202014-05-16%2013.12.01.png

and an interior map, this is the entrance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcrcbhjwbilpepi/Screenshot%202014-05-16%2020.44.58.png

I think I captured the old mansion look pretty well. I think a haunted mansion should look old and abandoned. I left some stuff around to make it feel as if the people left in a hurry or they just disappeared.

Camii

Cat aficionado
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
GMD Day: 10 (Wooh! Double digits!) 

Didn't get much done today, but next time I will because I know what I'm doing now!

By that I mean:

I implemented a steal script and I had to add what you could steal from each monster. (It's a pain in the butt.)

I also had no Idea what I was doing so I had to test, then fix, then test, then fix and so on... 

At least the weeks over and I can sleep in... :cutesmile:

O21qbjI.png

lightleaf

My burden is solely mine and of no one else.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Guess > <
Primarily Uses
~My GMD Day 8~

I spent most of my free time today trying to find the right music. I'm settled on going with MIDI files because they don't sound...as epic? I don't know, I think I just like the simplicity of it. I've decided to add a new dungeon (so no more Lite engine...) since my friend pointed out that the tunnel I posted before was too short. I thought instead of changing the maps I already drew, I could just block the exit so that the player has to go into the dungeon to unblock the upper level. Nothing new, but it sounds like I would have a hard time anyways. :D

Otherwise I had an exam.

I hate it when something that's meant to be short turns into something huge, and hate it even more when this ALWAYS occurs. Why??

I hope to get more done tomorrow. 

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I should probably actually post today. Not a ton done, but I finished a sprite for a commission and worked on a map entry for the Journey contest. Maybe I need to start some actual work on my projects. :)

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 12

I still don't know why I always update on Saturdays... I should be updating from Monday to Friday.. 

@Shaz - If you could, is there a way to change my schedule? I'd like to change it to everyday! Since on Saturdays I would need to post what I did on Friday (because of the time I've chosen..) I would only have Sunday free.. So it would be better if I did it everyday! xD

Anyway.. Here's what I did today:

- Made several cutscenes! (Actually I wrote them all, since they're end-game)

- Fixed a character's story

- Fixed 3 scripts

- Fixed 6 bugs

- Spent 7 hours doing sprite/character/tileset editing

- Deleted 10 out of 302 battlers I have... (Not really helpful though..)

- Started to edit and add missing names to the Credits. (Both in-game and readme file)

- Finally finished my menu!

- Got a couple new icons

- I'm editing the 1st cutscene since it wasn't 100% good.. (And it wasn't really lore-friendly, so...)

And that's it! Actually, that was quite a lot of stuff! I'll get some screenies when I get any maps done! xD

Go Mages!!!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry to my team, real life just spammed me with lots of paperworks to do for my new/next job that will start next month, then there came the car which my parents named to me so I needed to take care of all the paperworks too... Plus since the job will be a 6-day work on the next province, I'm trying to spend the remaining time with my family and my girlfriend...

As much as I'm sure I won't be as busy during this week and the next, I think I've burdened the team too much as of now, so I guess it's better to just drop me off the list. I'm really sorry...

William MC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng. & Span.
Primarily Uses
GMD: Day 5 May 16th

So today i wanted to do something different. I decided to make a little side quest in my starting town. Essentially I made a tutorial library, where there were some books to read that were supposedly written by a former adventurer. After you read them he gives you 1337 gold, to help you begin your journey. I had trouble getting it to work like I wanted, but I figured out that I could use conditional variables and several event tab pages + Self Switches and I got it all to work. I'm sure it'll be improvable later as it's probably clunky in it's coding, but I felt pretty good for my first side quest. BD

I've also started writing the 'screen play' of my next cutscene. I'll be trying to pull that one of soon too.

+1 Team Mercenaries

Deceius

The Vintage Tiger Cub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day 5.

So today, I have received some feedbacks from Cromwell... and almost all of them complains about the attack pattern. So I have tweaked it and made it more fluid and "combo-able".

Now, instead of slash and pierce attack, the main character can now:

slash ->  pierce -> step backward -> jump forward -> slash and so on.

I have also started eventing a cutscene.

Real life slows down the development... and I am hoping that I can release a demo soon. That's all for now.

Go Go, Mercs!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
DAY 5

Goal: Make a few more a5 tiles for the side project.

Figured out why it was so much easier to work on vacation. Because of the schedule the time I had allotted to work was the only time I'd get to work. I had no room for procrastination. Gotta figure out how to use this knowledge now.

My goal was too small, the 8 a5 tiles got finished very quickly. In fact, after that all I did was sketch out an idea for another B tile so I don't know that I did enough to qualify for a point. I have no idea how much time it took.

Monday's Goal: Make at least 2 B tiles for all 3 sets I'm working on.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Day 12

Finished the mansion map and resolved the confusion with the pixel artist. It turns out I overdid the maps, ah well it rewarded in the end.

Other than that I looked around for different tilesets and tried to graphically overhaul the game, but I ran into some problems.

Thats all I've go today, tomorrow I want to resolve the issue on the tilesets and continue off from there.

Bonkers

Get ready to be Wowed!
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just got done the other day with some wisdom teeth extraction, but I typed this up in advance to show my progress.

Blind and similar statuses that affect hit will now only last 1 round for enemies and allies.  So far this works well and is removed after their action, so missing 1 hit isn't as detrimental as missing 4 rounds of battle in a row with a physical attack character.  This will also keep physical bosses from being shut down with one attack.

I'm considering dismissing all negative and positive statuses "At end of battle" to stream line game play.  I've seen enough of what the community likes and it seems people don't like clean up duty after battles.

This week saw a lot of battle, enemy, and troop work.  Particularly to make battles more engaging I set certain enemies to resist magic and be vulnerable to physical damage while with others I gave them an agility boost to make sure they could get damage off before the PCs could floor them.

Bosses like the spider saw a big difference in that any skill I cut from the actor's lists are now re-purposes for use as unique battle elements.  I made sure to give debuffs and dots to this boss at a low level to see how I could handle things with a limited spell list.  I managed to die once, and then soon quickly changed my strategy to survival then damage.  

I discovered more broken events which need fixing, and the remapping up the entry way of the undead castle needs more work since the poison water tiles and floor tile I choose to use don't mesh.  I'll need to edit a few more things.

Mithril items are too powerful for the actor's new settings and will be adjusted.

I'm changing pass-ability on a few elements to clarify what the player can and cannot climb.  The mushroom ladder now functions correctly, and I am trying to address Maiko's issue with the screen tint in the forest.

Next boss that will see work done is the orc.  I'll need a gimmick for the trash in the forest like the light house so there is no steam rolling everything.

In a rare occurrence I did some fan art for Indrah's "In Search of Immortality" for Dalph.  He's had a rough experience with his uncle and is helping out providing hospice level care in a house without so much as internet or anything to occupy him.    

I was approached to for work on a project again, and while B.Ultimas is away from the GMD (congratulations on his promotion at work btw) I'll need to make a decision who to work with after a certain point.  I didn't expect to receive this many offers without a thread showcasing my work.  I have Shin Gamix for next month's custom DS sprites, and then I'll be considering doing some monster sprites for another project in VX style.

lightleaf

My burden is solely mine and of no one else.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Guess > <
Primarily Uses
~My GMD Day 9~

Today I got assemble the tileset for the dungeon I'm about to draw. Did some tweaks to the already existing tiles and made customized a little. I'll probably get a start on drawing those maps next week. :)

Also, when I was looking into the resources thread, I found the Tiny 16 pack by Sharm and it was really interesting, so I did a tryout:

I like this! Wish there were more tiles to make this package even better. :D

Till tomorrow then!

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 13

Yet another day studying the story and how it will develop.. I found some very concerning problems as I was checking it, and now I'm trying to repare them.. I'm still thinking on more things to add. I also did some heavy tileset editing, since I needed certain tiles from different tilesets, and I couldn't have them at the same time on the map. I also edited my icon sheet and fixed a couple of my battlers. I also tried to make a few portraits myself.. But since I couldn't find more resources, I gave up on the idea. It was consuming my time anyway.. 

I'll be doing some maps tomorrow and I hope I can get the 1st cutscene fixed fast. I also want to make a few more cutscenes telling the story of the game before the game actually begins.. But I'm still thinking on what I can/should do..

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GMD Day 11 (late entry):

Worked on some of the little issues brought in Zevia's let's play (specific map errors, a common event that needed to be added).

Still trying to come up with a way to make combat more interesting while sticking with the premise of the game at this point (once the characters change classes, a lot of things open up). I've got a few ideas sketched out - now I need to figure out how to code them into the battle scripts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello folks, I'm an old member deciding to reenter the forum. Greetings :D
When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like
"Oh, that kid's gonna suck...."
Baby tiger gets a belly rub! ^.^
Ami
--- Friendship System ---

(F.Mage and F.Healer's FP is 100)
F.Mage: We did it! we can beat the monster easily!
F.Healer: With the Friendship System,we got stronger thanks to you F.Mage (Hugging)
F.Mage: (Blushing) Ahh...don't say like that. we are Best Friend Forever.
(In Distand)
M.Mage: They look happy...
M.Healer: Yeah...always like that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilperm