Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
GMD Day 2

Today I continued with what I had ended with yesterday, namely tileset editing. I had to make some tiles (some special clothes on a stand, a flower garland) for several shops. After that I figured I'd go and test play my game again (since bugs never completely disappear) just to find an event that worked perfectly yesterday was freezing the game today. I thought maybe the map was lagging (which it wasn't) or that a script was freezing my game, but after a long search I find the cause to be a common event that got triggered by a switch used in the freezing event.

Because of that pesky bug I couldn't fix right away, I deleted most of my old maps (that were still in the project file as a way of encouragement) and some custom scripts which I installed after fixing the bug. (Though that took some time as well, as they all started giving errors.)

Not related to my game, but I also finished a map for the Project RMW World. You can see it here if you want to.

xein

A stranger in a strange world
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
GMD Day1

Today I tried to start early around noon but had to do a 600km trip to work and back.

So I did little today, finished redoing chapter 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GMD:  Day 2.5/3

Yes, I'm posting way early because I was up all night: THE DEMO IS FINISHED!!!

I'll Edit this with the links as soon as my dropbox syncs up (under an hour). I'm putting up both versions: with and without RTP. The w/o version is about 250 Meg, the all-inclusive version is about 500 (for all my internet friends who have no idea what RGP Maker is...).

The game deals with basic questions of the human condition. Sexuality is part of the human condition. I tried to keep everything handled via innuendo and fade to blacks, but there is a bit of bawdy humor now and then. Even there I innuendo'd and double entendre'd as much as I could - so if someone doesn't already understand what's going on, it'll go over there head. I'll save the rest for the project development thread :) The start of the game is more 'open' in this regard than later parts will be, so the demo isn't necessarily a barometer for everything to come. But that's what happens when you start in Pleroma.

It's not perfect, there are a few 'features' left in that I mentioned in my blog, and will again in my thread, and I'm sure a few things slipped past me, but hopefully nothing game-breaking.

So today (once I finally wake up) I'll work AFK on synopsis, bios, and features. Tomorrow's my 'day off'. Goody...

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Day 2

Finished 2 little maps today. I'm still not feeling well, but I might work a little longer again.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My Day 2

And more play testing and bug squashing.  Nothing exotic or interesting, just methodically going through each map.  Trouble is, I've done these maps so often that I'm at risk of simply not seeing things now because of over familiarity.  Also dealing with another set of expressions/words/spellings which need to be Americanized.  Thankfully Shaz's Event Extraction script helps me to locate all instances, otherwise I'd be here until Christmas trying to track everything down.  All of today's work was pretty tedious, but necessary.

Jonnie91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Day 3 May 5th

I started working on another commission for Clord today, spent most of my day working on that one, then sent it off to him to get abit of feedback heard back from him and continued on for the rest of the day!

Day 4 May 6th

Today, my day was split into two different sections, first of all I continued working on the commission for clord I started yesterday. GOt a little further with that, then played around with some chord progressions for another commission. Once I'd done that I worked on lyrics for another song commission that two members asked for. Then our bathroom flooded >_< which basically halted the rest of the evenings work for me -sigh- 

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Day 4

All I did was the outline and some eventing

I evented an elevator sequence for a scene.

As for the outline, I finished Ch 9 and started ten.

I did a few more maps for Heimdal and I'm nearly done with the town

There we go, I'm going to continue the outline, tomorrow and try to finish Heimdal.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First and foremost, sorry to my teammates for being unable to post for my first 2 days... I just had been busy with life and was away from my laptop for the past few days.

May 7, 2014

- I've been working on my own crafting scene for now (which will most probably be used on my next project) since I don't have access to my projects right now (writing it up on notepad)

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GMD day 3:

I got a thread written up and submitted to Archeia, so hopefully that'll pop up soon.

Now I can really have a day off tomorrow :)

Camii

Cat aficionado
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
GMD Day:2

Yay, I actually got some work done on my project!

Today I finished 2 maps and fixed a old parallax map that was off.

Finally I added an amazing script and fooled around with it. (That took up most of my time)

O21qbjI.png

Go magic!

zachfoss

Mango
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Alien
Primarily Uses
N/A
GMD: Day 2 May 3rd

•Created a new scene.
•Created more animations, and edit more database
•downloaded more graphics and planned out map for 

that's it! lol.

Go mages!

William MC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng. & Span.
Primarily Uses
GMD: Day 2 May 6th

So today was the second day of the GMD for me. I decided I wanted to fix a cutscene I had been working on last week. I had some trouble getting some elements to coordinate, mostly play test after playtest after playtest to get the move routes all set of the various events that get moved around.

I got all that worked out and looking just the way I want it. And I've begun a world map mock up to help me connect key areas of my game together. I thought about skipping the world map before, but I've decided to use a mix of constant world and world map elements. Areas will be made up connecting maps, that form that specific region, and then you may leave that region to go explore and find others on the world map.

This may or may not be how it stays, but for faster development time I'm going to use a world map now.

I also worked on a couple tilesets pathing, so the game knows what's passable and what's not. Still got a few kinks to work out on the ropes/ladders as you can't enter from the side or exit from the side and I'm not sure what to do with that.

Anyway that's...

+1 Team Mercenaries

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 3

I couldn't do so much stuff as I wanted to, but at least I was able to finish half of the first chapter of the story. I also got the story of the assassin character ready, so now I have only one more character to go!!!

I spent half of the day doing ReStaff stuff, so I ended up doing some good tracks for the game too!! That menu script I was using was not working correctly, some letters were glitched and I couldn't find an answer for that, so I'm thinking on changing it too. Hopefully, I'll finish some more maps today. If I do so, I'll get some screenshots!!!

Ink-Dragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
DAY 3

I spent today mapping out the Tavern for my starting town. I also came up with a few ideas for soem weapons.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
GMD Day 3

Today I swapped Amaranth's simple Journal script for Zeriab's Questbook, as I like that the quests have descriptions as well as a picture. (Funny, as that was the thing that made me decide against using Zeriab's a couple of years ago).

I ran into a bug after I had put my quests into the script. Took me way too long to figure out, I was missing a ')' at the end of the quest. Then I ran into another problem, as the quests didn't want to update. I finally figured it out, but not before sending a PM to Zeriab (sorry about that ^^; )

I also added the Emoticon above an event script. I'm so used to seeing it in games, I wrote it in when I was busy with the scenes and dialogues.

My screen started turning black all of sudden, while I was busy RMing, so I just backed up the file and called it a day.

xein

A stranger in a strange world
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
GMD Day 2

Feeling under the weather maybe because of yesterday's trip.

Today I did rebalancing of the enhancement system.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Day 3

Finally finished mapping the second dungeon. The puzzles aren't made yet, because I'd like to do the eventing all at once and I'm not done with all maps. (I wanna go back to mapping house interiors -.-°)

Started making a new battler as well.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My Day 3

Onwards, ever onwards with playtesting, bug squashing and general tidying up.

To put a bit of variety into my life, I've also started the next phase of the Strategy Guide.  I've been taking map shots as I go along, and now they have to be annotated.  Fortunately the vast majority of the game's maps don't need to go into the Guide, but that still leaves just over 100 which do - and they all have to be annotated.  I've found the quickest way of doing that is in Paint.  Most of the text is already written, but I'm having to amend parts as I've tweaked things here and there, and the Guide needs to reflect that.

I feel like I've more than earned my point today.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

May 8, 2014

- Still tweaking scripts and such right now, was planning to make new maps for Flamel yesternight but I got asleep...

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Day 5

I reached the end of chapter ten in the outline. It could be the end... I mean it works as a good ending. Even though I planned the story to go further.

I started Two Alternate outlines... and a third one in preparation. The main outline is almost done.

Mapping, I got the rest of Heimdals town maps done, and all I need to do now is finish the tower. Then I can move on to Terras grove.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

12 done, 4-5 started. Now that the weekend is over, things will sloooowwwww down again proabably.
when you're completely done with someone's crap lol...
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist Part 3 ---

F.Healer: Here it is,I made the Simple Sandwich
Survivalist
: it's so Delicious!
Chef: Here you Go! My Gourmet Steak.
Survivalist: It's Super Delicious,Too!
F.Mage: I Made it for you!
F.Healer: Uhh...Charcoal?
F.Mage No,It's a Toast!
Chef: Did you Let it in 10 Minutes?
F.Mage: Maybe?