Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Entry #2

More work on world map! Nothing new to report really. Landscaping, edge work, rivers and mountains. Basic stuff for now.

Needle

Sharp as a Tack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day  #5 - May 7th

Entry #3

Remember that point in your RPG Maker learning process that you suddenly figured out how the timing of events, and how they interact with each other? I'm starting to really cross a learning gap to intermediate eventing, and I couldn't be prouder of myself. It's been a fun four months of learning.

I worked out a wall panel that activates when our fearless heroes crash into it via some trampolines. I created a character image in Photoshop where the panel is off (facing down), on (facing left), and activating (blinking on and off, facing right). All I have to do to get the panel to activate is Set Move Route this event. It's elegant and ridiculously simple. I'm sure to some folks this is a very simple revelation, but to me, it's like suddenly realizing that water is wet. Future applications are endless.

Ran into a road block where I was trying to move a character up while simultaneously spinning him around. Tried doing this with intensive direction fix toggles, no dice. Too many frame hitches. Tried doing this with a helper move route in a parallel process, no luck. Simultaneous move routes on one event don't work. May try a third time with a deceptive picture switching technique. I don't know, it's a lot of work for a small effect.

Also worked out all of the character interaction for this scene. I won't go into details, but one of my characters is going slightly bonkers from Monochrome Madness, a disease brought on by seeing nothing but one color for an extended period of time.

Ridiculousness behind the cut!

Tomorrow I've got two more of these cutscenes to build, and they should be much simpler now that the basics of the timing and flow have been worked out. See you then!

--N

Last edited by a moderator:

Camii

Cat aficionado
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
GMD Day: 2

I didn't have much time to work on it but i got some things done!

Worked on adding the script again (Still making everything I need for it)

I worked on an event that includes a lazy man that is hungry. :p

O21qbjI.png

YAY MAGIC!!!!

Evan Finkel

Modeling Beholder
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I am really sorry knights, due my computer issues I cannot post or work on my project, so please un-register me. (Or I am just un-registered?)

I will take my place again in June(?) hopefully.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll take care of it.  Thanks for letting us know.

Alusair1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 1

Still working on fine-tuning the first dungeon that I was working on during the last GMD. I realized I never put a transfer event to allow access to the second floor. So the map was there, but no way to get there.  Learning to change things around in the Database, mainly in regards to Enemies and Troops.  Trying to make sure the doors work right as, until now, I haven't tried to have a door that opens, and stays open, not just transferring to a new map.

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 4

I was able to fix some bugs, the elemental thingy is still a little screwy, but I'll figure it out sometime... I totally forgot to do the maps, I guess I got carried away with the fixes I did.. xD

I changed the menu, that one really wasn't working properly, so I decided to take it out.. I'm using the default one for now, but I'm already looking for some new menu scripts. (Btw, if anyone knows a good one and wants to share.. xD) I started to do the 3rd villain/boss, and with it, I implemented some more ideas for the main story. I made some changes to the Database, nothing big, actually I just rebalanced some stats, now, one of the characters is not 1-Hit-KOing a slime when he gets on level 3... 

I was also thinking about doing a topic for the game at the Early Development Forums... It's quite ready, but I change the story so much... Still thinking on it.

I'll try to get some screenshots of the maps tomorrow, since I forgot to do them today..

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French

Entry #2:

Not too much done because I'm basically busy preparing something else (something quite big).

Still managed to keep playing (or is it beta-testing) my current game, refining different aspects of it. I also polished the stats of the last 5 enemies as well as gave them their skills and status weaknesses/resistances. Some minor bugs ironed out.

Today I'll probably endeavour to hack through my emails, too. Not too inspired about it, but better do it today... at some point.

Ink-Dragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
DAY 3

Today I mapped out the first village & the shops. I also began to decide on the classes of the main characters, and changed the attack formula slightly, so it doesn't multiply the stats in damage calculation.

If it's possible, could I change my time to 10:00-11:30AM instead of 10:00-11:00AM?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
GMD Day 4

Couldn't do much because of tests, homework and classes, but worked on several icons to go with the questbook. They need some polishing, but I've got a big test tomorrow.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My Day 4

More playtesting, and for a bit of variety I then did some playtesting.  Yes, there is, if nothing else, a certain consistency in my activities at the moment.  Feels a bit of a grind.  However, it was useful in that, as I was plodding along, I thought of another way that a player could break the game by doing things in the 'wrong' order.  Sorted that out with a switch and another page on a particular NPC.  One more disaster averted.

I have also been tinkering with tinting some maps.  For interiors I went for the subtle approach.  Trouble is, I think in some places I've been so subtle that the player probably will think there's nothing there.  I'm having to amend quite a number.

Knights feel a bit thin on the ground.  I suspect we're miles behind the other teams.  So here's my point for us.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Day 4

Finished the battler I started the other day.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Day 5

I went over the outline and did the chapter after ten! A great leap in progress, not only did I fix the holes... I got ideas to make it less linear. These will be implemented into separate outlines, certain actions lead to different members and endings. 

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

May 9, 2014

- Finally managed to add some new maps to Flamel and finished a cutscene. I think it's nearly complete. :)

Needle

Sharp as a Tack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day #6 - May 8th

Entry #4

I'm continuing to work on my fabled "Purple Fire Dungeon", working out some of the cutscenes that bridge the puzzle solving. This last map was particularly grueling - even though the puzzle is basically just walking in a straight line until you get to the next event, the events contained a lot of choreography that was timing-intensive. Even so, I finish one last night, and it helped me finish the other two this evening. Now, the door on the fourth floor of the dungeon can officially be opened!

Solved puzzle behind the cut!

As such, I've got three floors (four if you count the entrance) done of this dungeon. I've got a major fifth floor left, with two intermediate sixth and seventh floors as well, which are basically just for staging and do not require any major game play elements. Then, I can put this dungeon t rest and move onto the next one.

My main worry right now is that this dungeon is just way too long, and that players will tire of it long before it ends. I hope the kids like challenges!

Dungeon overview behind the cut!

I'm off for a couple days, but the weekend quickly approacheth (approacheth?) and I hope to continue working with a beer at my side.

Go Mercs!

--N

lightleaf

My burden is solely mine and of no one else.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Guess > <
Primarily Uses
~GMD Day 6~

(My 3rd day)

Today I got a few maps done (mainly the forest and the village) and started setting the base for the dungeon areas. I was planning to finish the dungeons but mapping the village consumed most of my time. Yes, I still hate mapping big areas. I also started a little playtesting various event and setting the right routes and the right waiting period and etc, etc, etc... I'm just happy that I'm not improvising the dialogues, it would have given me such a hard time :D

It'd be too much to show them all as screenshots, so I've recorded one autorun event and did a showcase of the village map (not!). It should be done uploading soon...

Ignore the title please XD

--Summary--

Story: 100%

Event: ~40%

Map: ~50%

Good day, folks!

Camii

Cat aficionado
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
GMD Day: 4

Yay, got lots of progress done today! (Finally)

Fixed lots of errors in my game,

made some items,

made a title! 

O21qbjI.png

MAGIC!

kj3400

Hmph Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been either too busy or too tired to post, so I'd better do it now.

Day 3: Tuesday

I focused on character development today. I decided that my main character should come from a poor family, and because of his childhood, he sees money as the solution to all his problems. His fiancé is a girl who has no memory of her past and who she is. The villain of the game had to grow up too quickly and thus is why they cause the main altercation (I don't really want to spoil the story, so I'm being a bit vague, sorry).

Day 4: Thursday

I added more to my text game map, of sorts. Basically it's a flow chart with every storyline event that happens in the game. I've managed to write enough for a short demo. Now all I have to do is make it, haha.

William MC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng. & Span.
Primarily Uses
GMD: Day 3 May 8th

Today I decided that to help me perfect my own game I should go back and finish the "Beginner's Guide to RPGVX Ace" by Kelsper. I'm nearly finished with it now. As I go through it I've been finding solutions to some little problems I've been having. My hope is that by making that small functional game, I'll be motivated more so to work towards a finished game of my own design.

I also found some scripts today to help me create a useable Steal Skill, and I played around with those as well.

That's about all from me today. Progress goes.

+1 Team Mercenaries

ThatMaestroGuy

You are lovely~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 1:

I decided to go back and rewrite some dialogue between two characters of mine for a side project that was in some desperate need of rewriting. I had wanted the conversation to go one way, but as I continued writing for it, I realized it was going no where. It's something that had been bothering me for quite some time, but I didn't really know how to fix it. Thankfully, I was able to erase the whole thing and start up an entirely new conversation that has direction, purpose, and humor. Hooray!! =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like
"Oh, that kid's gonna suck...."
Baby tiger gets a belly rub! ^.^
Ami
--- Friendship System ---

(F.Mage and F.Healer's FP is 100)
F.Mage: We did it! we can beat the monster easily!
F.Healer: With the Friendship System,we got stronger thanks to you F.Mage (Hugging)
F.Mage: (Blushing) Ahh...don't say like that. we are Best Friend Forever.
(In Distand)
M.Mage: They look happy...
M.Healer: Yeah...always like that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mid_Miester