Ink-Dragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
DAY 7

I spent today planning out the beginning of the story & the battle system. I also started trying to learn how to make/edit sprites for the characters. And I made a map for a generic house.

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 8

I spent the whole day making story related stuff. I made a significant progress! I also made 10 new faces for my main character's faceset, got a couple new characters and battlers too! 

Today I'll focus on scripts and gameplay!!!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
GMD Day 6

Today I mapped for both ProjectRMW (which I finished) and the YANTH map contest (still working on that one).
As for my game itself, I added several transfer events, which I always forget to add, as well as thinking up book titles and authors for the bookshelves in my game. Because my remapped library is a lot bigger than the previous one (and I hadn't even finished putting in books that time), I need to add a lot of more books. Thinking up titles is much easier than authors to fit with them to be honest. I guess for some of them I might just add my family's names in them.

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Entry #4

The power went out! Darn you springs storms. More storms today, too. Had no internetz after I got home. This update is for yesterday (Monday) I hope it won't be considered late.

Did a metric ton of work on the world map-again. I shared it with a friend who knows nothing about RPG Maker and he seemed to like it. There's stuff wrong with it thought, I know it. Too clustered, things where they probably shouldn't be. It's supposed to be pretty packed, I don't want an enormous world map. For the first time I added towns and cities, know where the party members will be acquired, added the entrenchment between the two big player countries. It's a lot of fun. Almost ready to share and get it torn apart so I can learn and redo it again :]

That's all for today!

(edit: oops fixed the day)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
DAY 1 (sort of)

I'm back! Did anyone miss me? ;) It turned out that I had just enough free time on my vacation to work on the GMD every work day while I was gone. Didn't keep track of what I'd done when though. I actually got quite a lot done, my A2 exterior tiles are now full and I fixed a whole bunch of little and annoying things I'd been meaning to get around to.

Goal: Finish the new A4 tiles, get started on this month's members+ and if there's still time and energy do a little on the alt pack.

Took a lot of attempts before I succeeded but finally made a canopy that didn't have bumps in it so it didn't look like a bunch of tiny trees. Since I've made a couple A5 tiles that actually are tiny trees I'm going to put the old canopy there above those trees and put the new canopy where the old one was. It took me a while to make all the pieces work together, old and new. Harder to pull off but way more useful I think, so hopefully it'll be worth the effort. I decided to leave the outside edges for a different day.

I finished a new bush (it was supposed to be a lilac bush but the thing looks awful with flowers on it so I decided to leave them off for now). Nothing too drastic, just top and edges which are pretty easy when it comes to bushes.

Made a wall tile for members+. I've never worked in the DS+ style before, it's going to take some getting used to.

Didn't get anything done on the other pack, dealing with doctors and colds took too much time.

Today's Goal: More furniture from different angles, add chairs to the big table, maybe make a square one. Possibly finish off boxes too. Do a little more on members+.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Day 7

Started another battler. But unfortunately it's not finished TT.TT Yet, I feel like I actually get things done XD

(Have a preview anyway)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My Day 7

Squashed some more bugs.  Did some more playtesting where I found that by fixing one thing I'd broken another in one of the scripts.  Fortunately I have a word document for every script I use where I record what changes I make, so I was able to retrieve the info relating to the first bit of tinkering I'd done.  Now I have both bits cooperating nicely like good, well brought up and courteous scripts.  No more of that unseemly vying for power!

Jonnie91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Day 9 May 13th

Today I did some work on another commission, which is ALMOST finished, was hoping to have it uploaded today, but gotta add a few subtle changes. once that's done it'll be uploaded tomorrow yey ^_^ I've also been downloading the remainder of a new selection of instruments which I hadn't downloaded still. IK Multimedia...why do you separate the files so much x_x 

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GMD: I have no idea what day it is - I lost track somewhere.

Today was interesting. I found a notebook with a ton of old notes for the game (this makes five total). Tucked inside was the system that would give my characters some starting skills. They can't have combat skills, per se since they aren't adventuring type people (yet), but things like how Lyrra would be able to mix drinks that could be used in or out of battle. There were also some complex systems that I'm sure would look nice in an MMO somewhere, which is probably why I tossed the notebook aside in the first place...

Tried to get this stuff into Liquid Story Binder, but that has gotten so mangled I may just pull everything out and start a new binder.

Learning to use that is almost as challenging as learning to use Ace.

But, such is the way of progress. Two steps forward, three steps back, or something like that. I also edited my project thread to reflect the diminished role combat plays in the game (I'm going for a Vtm:Bloodlines sort of mix between combat and non-combat stuff).

Got a detailed testing report back from Milennin - big shout out there, helpful stuff - both big picture and smaller details. Fixed another potential game crashing bug and a couple minor ones. Mostly planning how to restructure the first town. Once I get that set I think the smaller pieces will start to fall into place. At least that's my foolish hope for now. Which reminds me I need to update the thread to explain all the NPC pictures in dialog and why they're going to stay that way for the foreseeable future.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Day 9

I learned how to use GIMP and found the correct size for busts in game.

That's it, I did not do anything else. Yes I can say the above took an hour.

Camii

Cat aficionado
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
GMD Day: 7

I didn't get much done, time i didn't have much today, sorry!! :(

So i guess I might as well say the one thing I did today...

I worked on a parallax map (In my defense they take awhile to make...)

Bet it took an hour to read all of that! 

O21qbjI.png

William MC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng. & Span.
Primarily Uses
GMD: Day 4(?) May 13th

So um... I kinda missed doing something on the game over the weekend due to mother's day and other commitments. So I don't know whether this would be Day 5 or 4 for me. I think I just put that I'd most likely do stuff on the weekend, turned out to now work out that way this weekend.

Anyway here's my 'final' version of these cutscenes that I've been working on so far. This is from the beginning of the game. The first cutscene is the intro, the second is after having wandered and found the location of the Crystal.

(Watch it on Youtube to see at full res in 480p)

So today I put the final touches on those, I also learned how to record and upload to Youtube, and I did some work with the enemies in the database. I feel pretty accomplished

+1 Team Mercenaries

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 9

Today I kept doing story related things. I did some more parts of the main story, I did more faces for other characters and fixed a few bugs on some dialogs. I made some new items and armors. I'll try to write more story stuff, I'm also planning on starting to do a demo of the game...

Ink-Dragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
DAY 8

Today I started on the first dungeon. So far I've mapped the first room, and set up the events.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
GMD Day 7

I didn't do as much as I would hoped to have done, but hey, did work on my game for several hours. I was able to fix the event that was going me script errors. Turns out I can't read instructions. There's still a small graphical fault in it which I can't seem to fix, but at least that's not game-breaking. Other than that I slightly redid my library map, so less book titles to think up. The ones I thought up yesterday, I've also added to the library now. Finished the day with adding some NPC's to my town map, so you know it actually feels like a town and not a village with five people outside. I didn't add text to most of them though. I just go these "two will be quarreling, these will be gossiping, gambling," etc. Not all of them have their correct sprites either, as I still have to search for them/not yet added them to the game ressources. Tomorrow no doubt, will be more of this.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
DAY 2

Goal: More furniture from different angles, add chairs to the big table, maybe make a square one. Possibly finish off boxes too. Do a little more on members+.

If it weren't for the GMD today I don't think I would have done anything. It was one of those days where just starting was a huge deal and pushing through and working anyway resulted in a lot of ugly work. I'm going to have to come back on a different day and fix everything I did. Hopefully I won't need to completely scrap it.

As for what I actually did, I made some half hearted side views of some furniture, a rather ugly jewelry box and a halfway decent chest that somehow doesn't match the style of anything else even though it was made the same way. Decided not to work on the tiles for members+, learning to mimic the DS style when I can't even manage my own seemed like a really bad idea.

Today's Goal: Make enough stuff for Members+ for a preview.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Day 8

Finally finished the battler! (At least 18 more to go Oo) And made a few maps. A whole snow forest and a mansion.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My Day 8

And more playtesting.  One reason why there's so much (in addition to what one has to do anyway) is that I'm giving the players the choice between visible and invisible enemies.  I therefore have to play through in both modes to make sure that they give roughly equal numbers of battles on each map.  Otherwise one group of players is going to end up under/over powered.  Then there are the various difficulty modes to deal with.  Sometimes it feels like it's all too much.  But I soldier on.

Edit

Forgot the little pic.  Here it is.

Needle

Sharp as a Tack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day #12 - May 14

Entry #7

The midweek squeeze is on! I think I've mentioned it before, but right now I'm basically using just the RTP. So my goal has been to push the RTP to the limits, wreck it and wring it and bust it wide open. Throw in a couple random Google image searches, and you'd be surprised what you can squeeze out of that tile set.

In my previous post, I put up a video of my Serene Spire. The map is designed to crumble as you progress, and I feel like the effect is believable and fun! Also used a scrolling picture as a top layer parallax, creating a foggy look on the lower third of the screen. The last thing added in was the stock rain effect. But this sucker needs lightning! And it's gotta be random.

Edited in lightning bolts at set locations, then set up a parallel process that selects random times for the lightning to go off. The effect is pretty sweet, but it can't be shown in screenshots, as the bolt is only on the screen for 1/12th of a second!

After that, it was time to go to work clumping and re-clumping. There's a ton more clumping to go to get this tower looking really ragged, but compared to the last Spire screenshots I shared in this thread, I feel like things are really starting to come together. Still all-RTP!

Spire Screens behind the cut!

Compare Screenshot #1 to a screenshot I posted in a previous post - the environmental impact is much improved!

Here's a second shot from a little further up the Spire. Pretty much everything is edited for color, including the BG coloring, the A tileset, and most of the grass in shades of greens, yellows, and browns.

More work to do tomorrow, clumping together more RTP tiles to get this spire all mossy and downtrodden. Really feel like I'm making solid progress, even if the mapping is taking forever.

Mercs Mercs Mercs!

kj3400

Hmph Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Day 7: Tuesday

I spent the day working on my first boss' abilities. The first one was easy enough, I just needed a bit of scripting to get it to work right. The second one seems to be a bit troubling. I want the ability to prevent whoever it's cast on to not be able to attack the caster. Basically like Attract from the Pokémon games, except all the time. I'm not sure how to do it. The other 2 abilities are simple enough.

The other notable thing I worked on was a debug room. I'm going to put various bosses and switches and portals to different parts of the story as I build it so I don't have to play the game all the way through every time I want to test something new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Equipment Microtransaction ---

M.Knight: How much this item?
Merchant: 79.99 REAL Money
(After Do Some Transaction In Real World)
Merchant: Thanks,come back again!
(In Distand)
M.Knight: (Smile With Regret) Goodbye...My Dream Console And PC Gaming
Hello folks, I'm an old member deciding to reenter the forum. Greetings :D
When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like
"Oh, that kid's gonna suck...."
Baby tiger gets a belly rub! ^.^
Ami
--- Friendship System ---

(F.Mage and F.Healer's FP is 100)
F.Mage: We did it! we can beat the monster easily!
F.Healer: With the Friendship System,we got stronger thanks to you F.Mage (Hugging)
F.Mage: (Blushing) Ahh...don't say like that. we are Best Friend Forever.
(In Distand)
M.Mage: They look happy...
M.Healer: Yeah...always like that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilperm