Emin Can Homalioglu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

Planning plays a major role in the development of a video game. Currently I am developing a video game with RPG Maker MV. I used the software DramaQueen, for the script and my ideas, but I'm looking for a script or management software, which can be used especially for game development. It is important to me that I can write my ideas, the script, but also locations and objects.

Unfortunately Google couldn't help me, so I ask you! Do you know a good game management software?

megumi014

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't really used any of them, but I got articy: draft from a bundle a while ago and it was designed specially for games (it is on steam too). I think they are on their 3rd installment now and it is a paid program, but if you want to look it up:

Link (perhaps if you don't want to invest much money you can find the older versions for a lower price)

And as an open source there is Twine. It is not focused on games particulary but it is mean for non linear stories, so perhaps you might find it useful:

Link to Twine.

onekksu

Emin Can Homalioglu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't really used any of them, but I got articy: draft from a bundle a while ago and it was designed specially for games (it is on steam too). I think they are on their 3rd installment now and it is a paid program, but if you want to look it up:

Link (perhaps if you don't want to invest much money you can find the older versions for a lower price)

And as an open source there is Twine. It is not focused on games particulary but it is mean for non linear stories, so perhaps you might find it useful:

Link to Twine.
Thank you very much! I think I will use articy:draft.

onekksu

Emin Can Homalioglu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trello is a good tool for management. So is Asana and Backlog.
Thank you! But in my opinion Trello isn't exactly that what I am looking for.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! But in my opinion Trello isn't exactly that what I am looking for.
Probably because this primarily refers to script idea prototyping more than actual management of the development process. Slightly misleading in the initially-ascribed intent or so it says to me. But in the event you should require anything on the project management side, then Trello would be highly recommended for that.

MadMaus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If what you're looking for is a full management suite dedicated for game development, take a look at Hack n Plan. You'll have from task and time management to full game design documentation tools in there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zamnath