Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Moo The shape of the light is much better, though if it were my map, I would apply a little Gaussian Blur to it as the side edges are still quite strongly defined. I think I would also add a little glow to the fireplace, as it would be throwing a bit of light out as well as heat.

As for things I like - it's functional, it gets the job done. Not all maps need to be full of eye candy. It's a bit difficult to judge as it is deserted and a library is really designed for readers, but I suppose there's a story reason why it's empty. The stairs and red chairs are nice, and I like the scroll storage racks - a very sensible way to keep them.

Moo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
fr
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Kes Thank you :) I have not already add the PNJs because they are not finish it's a long work to all draw itself ! But the map will not be empty. For fire yes I will reduce the opacity of light it's not enough visible. Thank you for your comments on other parts perhaps I will come back later with more maps and exteriors ;) bye

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Phenax Just a couple of things on the graphics, as the mapping itself is unfinished.

I think your sun rays would benefit from some Gaussian Blur, as they are very sharp at the moment.
The hole in your bridge needs a bit of attention. At the moment, it just looks like you removed a bit of the graphic, leaving a very 'flat' image. If you check out the tiles in the A tab where there are holes in floors, you will see that there is an 'edging' effect which gives the impression that the wood or whatever has some depth to it.

Kvothe

The Bloodness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Brazil
Primarily Uses
N/A
Working on a plugin named Plugin Store. You will can download or check up updates without you need to go on website of your plugin's author (of course, you'll need a register json link from your plugin's author).

Example of register json link: HERE

flashbax

Just some dude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A map I did on commission. The first one (with names) was my first attempt, the second was with some adjustments that the customer asked for. This map was a bit more open than other maps I did as I had just a written description of each area and a few minor key things for each area. Amazingly I got it in only two tries. This was a tough one, that had me working on several sketches and ideas before finalizing.

Attachments

Rexdog

Beginner Mapper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i been messing around with some maps trying to get a parallax map i like with the use of Pandamura's tileset and looking for some more improvement. I found a way to make the ground better than my last attempt. I have also been searching and could not find a way to make the water look very realistic like many i seen especially the waterfalls so if anyone has a way please let me know would love to have realistic water with it. The rain was thrown in there for looks and the switch was a test must have forgotten to remove it.animated water.png

Last edited:

l8rose

Neeeeerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rexdog The ground isn't too bad but the angle of the shore beneath the bridge is a little off (it partially makes the left bottom peg look like it's partially in water).

With water, if you're using the basic tileset and want to make things like depth, it requires editing the basic tileset. I recommend fallenlorelei's tutorials. They're a little old but they should help give you a good idea on what to do.

And the last screenshot of March Break for me. Might be a bit til I get more mapping done but was rather productive this week I think.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kvothe While that is interesting, it is off-topic for this thread which, as you can see from other posts, is about screen shots of your game, not of the tools you use to make your game.

@Rexdog I would extend that bridge a little bit at either end. At the moment it is very precariously perched right on the very edge of the cliffs. Anyone making a real bridge would set the supports at least a little way back to make it more stable.

I think you also might need to reconsider the density of your trees. To give an impression of depth you have to allow for the illusion that there are branches on the back of the tree. You have squashed so many together in the group to the right of the bridge that they end up looking flat. I'm not sure if I've expressed that clearly. If you start from the small tree at the left edge of that group, it is set apart and clearly there is enough space for there to be branches behind. But then move to the main group. You have the first one, and then look where the roots of the one to the right and behind it are. They are far too close.
upload_2018-3-19_4-34-21.png

I would space them out a little. Even in the densest forest there is space between the trees. Something that is described as "impenetrable" is because of undergrowth, not how close the tree trunks are together.

Rexdog

Beginner Mapper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kvothe While that is interesting, it is off-topic for this thread which, as you can see from other posts, is about screen shots of your game, not of the tools you use to make your game.

@Rexdog I would extend that bridge a little bit at either end. At the moment it is very precariously perched right on the very edge of the cliffs. Anyone making a real bridge would set the supports at least a little way back to make it more stable.

I think you also might need to reconsider the density of your trees. To give an impression of depth you have to allow for the illusion that there are branches on the back of the tree. You have squashed so many together in the group to the right of the bridge that they end up looking flat. I'm not sure if I've expressed that clearly. If you start from the small tree at the left edge of that group, it is set apart and clearly there is enough space for there to be branches behind. But then move to the main group. You have the first one, and then look where the roots of the one to the right and behind it are. They are far too close.
View attachment 85152

I would space them out a little. Even in the densest forest there is space between the trees. Something that is described as "impenetrable" is because of undergrowth, not how close the tree trunks are together.
I will fix that asap appreciate for the help now is the water which is my main focus also since i would love to have the water that i shown in the other forum

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Meeting the villainess for the first time. The map is still a bit of a WIP, it's really hard to think of features to add into snow but I'll try and work some icicles and stuff maybe.

Last edited:

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ice torches, player torch and the teleporter.
I'm not convinced by the ice torches. They blend too much with the ice wall they're hanging on. I didn't even see them at first.
Maybe outline them more? Or bigger? Or alter their color?
Anything to make them stand out more.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not convinced by the ice torches. They blend too much with the ice wall they're hanging on. I didn't even see them at first.
Maybe outline them more? Or bigger? Or alter their color?
Anything to make them stand out more.
I couldn't see them either.

Phenax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes @Thomas Smith Thanks a lot for the feedback. We tried to fix the bridge as best we could, maybe we have to play around with it some more. I'm not sure about the sunlight because yes in pictures it doesn't look very good, but actually it's in motion. Maybe it would still look better with some blur? This is what it looks like now, we made quite some changes:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Phenax The bridge is much better. The way you've done the hole, while better than it was, is still not very good. Could I suggest you take that tile to the WIP thread in Resource Support and get advice there?

There are a couple of other things. Your waterfall would look better if you evented the 'foam' effect top and bottom. I don't have RM open at the moment, but those are on !Other2, iirc.
Your ducks are set too high in the water so that only their feet are underneath it. All the lower half of its body should be under water.
upload_2018-3-22_5-2-15.png
As this is a game screenshot thread, not a sprite one, if you want more advice that is also something that you could take to the WIP thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm making my game in both English and Portuguese. I wonder if I should add Spanish too? :v
Thinking about picking up Luna Engine, but also wondering if I should wait to see if it goes on sale.
So looks like the last Star Wars movie sucked. We feared George would kill his own legacy after Episode 1. But look like he handed off to others to put it out of its misery. Does that count as assisted suicide?
Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.
Since I'm getting so busy (the fact that I'm often here is due to the fact that this is my procrastination #1 destination), I'm trying a new system where everyday I dedicate 30 minutes to my personal game project. That way it won't fall into the abyss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsme