Game & Map Screenshots 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the observation, I've never been good with elevation, I like posting maps on here for critique rather than praise for that exact reason.

Last edited:

Kristhor84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys! What do you think of my forest map? I'm going to add the trees in a bit, but I would appreciate it if you guys see something weird, you could tell me about it.
I started working with RPG Maker recently and this is my first attempt in making a parallax map. It turned out pretty satisfactory I think. Thank god for all the tutorials out there!

Credits for the materials used:
Grass and flowers: XxJapoZeroxX and Lunarea
Trees and treehut: PandaMaru
Some of the grass: whtdragon
Cliffs: MrPyramidHead an Kadokawa
House stuff: Avery
Underwater plants: Candacis

Edit: done! :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Alexander Hawksmoor Much better. The only one I'm uncertain about is on the bottom layer, left side, just right of the cave. The section in 2 layers, with a tree on the halfway stage, plus the pillar immediately to the right of that. The tree and the rubble(?) at the base of the pillar make counting difficult, but I think those little bits have 8 tiles and the rest of that layer has 7.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im pretty sure it has 7 because I did alot of copy and paste with the mapping but thanks of the critique, it helps.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Alexander Hawksmoor As I said, the tree and rubble make counting from a mapshot difficult. However, even with copy/pasting it is still possible to get an error on the elevations - I speak as one who has done it!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I'll give it a check over when I get 5 minutes. My eyes hurt from looking at the screen too long lol.

Joker101

Witherwell Archivist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I recently finished my second battleback. With the help of MOGHunter's battle back plug-in, I'll be able to create an illusion of space through layering.

EDIT: Made the file a tad smaller.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Nicke Very nice map. One tiny nitpik point. The stairs on the right have a sharply defined shadow which really jumps out as it is the only one - even the 2 rock pillars right next to the stairs don't have shadows. I can see that you would want something there to give the stairs some definition but I think it needs to be much softer/blurred to match up with everything else.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Kristhor84 I like the map very much, being a fan of trees and the artists you chose for tiles helping of course. I will admit that the one treehouse in front looks a bit strange - like a bearded lady and not a tree-house somehow... and maybe another tree close by (maybe at the house's five o'clock - kind of caddy corner?) might loosen up the house-being-swallowed-by-tree feel. Aside from that, yummy!
@Nicke if you are trying to reinforce my fear of sharks, you are succeeding, sir.

This an interior of a building in a modern Middle-Eastern theme park aimed at inspiring cultural appreciation and raising cultural awareness among young citizens. So it has roller coasters and educational explorations.

This is a unique location because the player must solve the riddles presented on the large wall (yes it has to be that big) and making a decent map with a big huge wall has been a bit of a challenge. The atmosphere should be well funded, culturally rich, slightly mysterious.

(reuploaded)

Last edited:

Kristhor84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GrandmaDeb Thank you for the feedback, I'm glad you like it! I will add a tree there, see how it looks. Otherwise I won't be able to play it without seeing an older bearded lady :') I see what you mean with "swallowed by the tree" so I'll see if I can fix that.
After your description I'm curious about your map, I hope you can upload it soon. I also had some trouble with uploading, it only worked after I saved (overwrite) the file again.

@Joker101 I like that background, it has a surreal-look to it. A mix between man-made and nature.

@Nicke I like your map too! Very dark, but off course that would be what a sea-cave looks like :) The more I look at it, the more I see. Very nice.

Joker101

Witherwell Archivist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kristhor84 Thank you! I'm trying to go for a robotic/toy-esque theme for my game so I'm trying various ways to stylize the environments to reflect that.

Nicke

Fortune seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the comments on my previous picture!

Just made a short video on youtube showing the Sea Cave in action. Alot of things might change but I feel like sharing it anyways. :)

Churro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nicke
Wow! I really love the riddle at the end with stepping on the platforms and changing colors.
The graphics and atmosphere looks very professional.
It sure will be fun to play and find all the hidden secrets in the cave.
Only the fights seem to be too easy ;)

@Davekron
The map looks very good and the color scheme matches a medievil setting well.
I like the logical structure of the town and the nonsymmetrical mapping.
But where are the town people?

Nicke

Fortune seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Churro: Thanks! Yeah the first dungeon will mostly be easy battles and puzzles so the player get familiar with the system etc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokuboter