BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looking good @Davekron. I really like that resource series but I'm so intimidated by it.

Davekron

The Emperor's Archon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Churro

Thanks :D As for the townsmen, I still have to create people from hundreds of character pieces which I hate to do, so it's temporarily a dead city :D

Looking good @Davekron. I really like that resource series but I'm so intimidated by it.
Why is that? :o :D

Last edited:

Churro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Amy Pond It is very readable!
You could even show the text smaller, when your are going for a pc or mobile game where the screen is near by.
When you want your game also be on consoles the size is perfect i think:)

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Amy Pond - That games looks very pretty! And yes, the font is indeed readable enough! :D

I also gave my shot at the DS+ resources futuristic tile-sets for RMVXace. xD I was wondering if it ended up okay:

This map is supposed to be some kind of Testing Laboratory:

Here is the lobby outside the actual testing lab:

What can you guys suggest? Is it Sci-fi enough? How can I make it look more like an actual Testing Laboratory from a Sci-fi world? xD

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Amy Pond
Hm, I think the text looks readable.
The text box color is very fitting for the overall environment too. :D
One more thing.
This might be kinda out of topic, but I wonder where's the room's entrance?

@Starmage
I love the map. It reminds me of megaman. :D
The sprites looks cute too. :3

This is the battle demonstration of my game.

Churro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Starmage
In a scifi lab there sould be always screens or monitors with some data :)
What is actually tested in the laboratory :) ?
If it is medical add some test tubes and medical equipment.
Also write some crazy mathematical formulas and physical atom drawings on the board XD

@EpicFILE
Looks great! Especiall ythe whell to choose the action like skill or magic.
What actually means the bar which shows when the character is hit/take damage?

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Churro
Thanks!
Do you mean the gauge above the player? That's a dodging mechanic.
You can hold down enter to charge up a gauge and release it to dodge.
The fuller the gauge, the further you can dodge. :D

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
@EpicFILE - Thanks so much! ^_^ Yeah, I really love the DS DLC too, very cute pack! :D

Btw, I absolutely love what you did with that Battle HUD! And that character art-work complements the graphics of RMMV very well! :D

@Churro - Thanks so much for your feedback! You're right, there should be more monitor screens all around the walls or something to make for a perfect test-lab. :D Hmm, the test lab is supposed to be some kind of course that tests someone's abilities and powers. xD

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Starmage
Thanks! Customizing the battle HUD is kinda tricky but really fun. :)

@Nicke
While the text looks kinda small here, I believe the problem will go away at fullscreen mode.
The GUI is nice, clean, and informative. The design seems pretty balanced.
I think I can't give any more suggestions because it looks perfect already. :D

DarkHunter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kristhor84 I like the map very much, being a fan of trees and the artists you chose for tiles helping of course. I will admit that the one treehouse in front looks a bit strange - like a bearded lady and not a tree-house somehow... and maybe another tree close by (maybe at the house's five o'clock - kind of caddy corner?) might loosen up the house-being-swallowed-by-tree feel. Aside from that, yummy!
@Nicke if you are trying to reinforce my fear of sharks, you are succeeding, sir.

This an interior of a building in a modern Middle-Eastern theme park aimed at inspiring cultural appreciation and raising cultural awareness among young citizens. So it has roller coasters and educational explorations.

This is a unique location because the player must solve the riddles presented on the large wall (yes it has to be that big) and making a decent map with a big huge wall has been a bit of a challenge. The atmosphere should be well funded, culturally rich, slightly mysterious.

(reuploaded)

Wow I love it!..but how i need map screenshot like just that as other.

Davekron

The Emperor's Archon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tower of Shiradan - a long time dead sorcerer's laboratory, where nothing is as it seems. I'm still trying to make the cliffs look more "natural", and for a misty island, the trees are a bit colorful in my opinion. So work is still in progress
TEA53.jpg

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Davekron The water looks like a waffle with those straight lines and repeated pattern, but I like the atmosphere already.
One more thing, about the bridge at the bottom of the map. On it's north end is hard to distinguish the walkable area from the cliff area, it's the same grey rock. Simply moving the grass area a bit closer to the bridge would be enough.
And in the water: if the blue rock area is submerged, unless the water is very clean, pool like, it'd be best to blur the bottom line and make it blend with the water texture. It looks too crisps as it is now.

Nhyvir

Tactical Oni
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, and thanks for reading and yada yada...

Anyway for my maps I decided to use mostly RTP resources, even after I read its frowned upon or something(?), and would like to know if this would be a map layout/style you would consider walking around a good portion of the time while playing.

The main reason I am asking this is because If possible I would like to reuse this world on sequels and prequels I more or less have planned.

Map008.png
for now I mainly have the First continent fleshed out, I just need to add caves and villages I left undone at the moment.

To get a better understanding I'll explain a few things:
  • Ships can mainly doc on sandy beaches, with an exception a few places related to the story line and ports.
  • Small boats can only traverse on shallow waters(with an exception to a certain characters introduction.)
  • The Kingdom holds about 60~70% of the countries population, which includes the rich, the middle class and the street urchins/hobos
  • The outside mainly consists of farmers and workers who supply the kingdom with its materials, as well as poor folk(more smaller towns will be added later)
  • The snowy part of the map is the north-pole, and because of its position on the map I made it wider instead of taller, for realism
  • Goblins are the main issue of the country until "IT" happens, due to this there will be many caves that will appear as discovery events.
  • I wanted to give the map a bit of difficulty traversing due to some reason or another, so I added mountains to get in the way :p
I would like to hear some input the first country and if there are some suggestions from more experienced/non-experienced map makers I'd love to hear them.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Davekron I have no problem with the trees, I don't think they are too colourful. It's the colour of the water that sticks out for me, as it is rather bright. Water is rarely that tourquoise colour except in bright sunshine.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Nhyvir [mod]I am merging this with Game and Map Screenshots[/mod]

gigaswardblade

narcisistic narcoleptic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i am in desperate need of help making my maps not look like total crap. ill start off with the ones that aren't so bad and post ones that i really need help fixing.

for starters, here is my world map:

i tend to change it a lot, so not everything you see in the pic will be permanent. i just wanna know if you guys think there's anything odd about it or anything.

Attachments

AcosmicDevi

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gigaswardblade There's a lot going on in the map. My eyes are having a hard time focusing on any one thing, because it's so cluttered. My suggestion would be to trim back some of the buildings and/or create more empty space (e.g. by expanding the landmass) so things aren't so squished together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop adding more levels to this thing already...
My computer is now on the dead list. Parts and Services stopped two days ago for this type.
someone help my thread has been silent since the initial post I just wanna make a goddamn game
People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Meteo Chronicles is almost finished!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluffychu