OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz I like the green one. It feels the most retro. Not a bad job of recoloring.

@Nikitaw99 Very box like. I like the Inn near the beginning of town. I like the main focul point with the statues. The wall around the town makes it very square and boxie. Where do the citizens live? I only see shops.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz I think I'd have problems with your blue, which I find a bit strident. You might try de-saturating it a bit, or maybe adjust the brightness (or both).

@Nikitaw99 For a town that contains only a few shops and no houses, how did it get to have such a large graveyard? To be honest, it does not come across as a town at all. The layout is not how towns are built or grow. Again given the size, what could they possibly want to generate that huge pile of crates? It comes across as a space-filler rather than an organic part of the town. In a tiny place like that, it is more likely that the Inn would double up as the Pub, rather than having a separate one.

None of your houses has a chimney, so how are they heated? The buildings are very simple, single storey constructions, but you have given them elaborate and costly window frames (making curved window parts is a sophisticated bit of joinery and building) which don't match. As the Inn has a wooden fence (which fits the simple location) I'd make the fence around the graveyard wooden as well. Building materials in small places tend to be homogenous, so it would be better if all the brick walls were red or all grey.

As those shops are also (I assume) where the shopkeepers live, you might like to think about rearranging the layout so that there is somewhere for people to hang their washing out, grow a few vegetables themselves, that sort of thing. This would help to make the town look more alive. Staying with the question of where do the shopkeepers live, you might want to rethink having only single story buildings. The shopkeeper has to get the shop, cooking, living and sleeping spaces all on to one floor. Tricky.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes, I found a solution and I'm ashamed I didn't think of it before! I'm just getting Despain to do the recolours for me :) For a tiny fee.

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to add elevation even though this particular tile doesn't have an A4 tile. I took the cliff walls and put them on a higher layer (with slight edit) and tried putting them down underneath the regular ice floor tile - do you think I can get away with it, or does it look sloppy? If the latter, any ideas of what I can do to make it look better?
Map029.png

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanna post mine. I enlarged SV enemy and made characters glow in the dark:

B64D9AF4-F96B-4898-B9E5-774A4BA938A9.png

DC72B15D-8EF7-4645-8351-D34DE9816362.png

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, I was told it's best here to post this - but here's a WIP screenshot of a game I'm working on - that my friends and me refer to as "Dog Game".

Last edited:

Kato-A

Artist and developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RocketKnight
Looks really great, I want try your game!
I likes the trees and everything but why is the character on those threads?

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys,

It's been a while! :stickytongue:

Is it okay if I have two different types of trees together like this? Would it look inconsistent?

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Mr. Detective I see no problem with having those 2 trees together. They are clearly variants of each other, so there is no clash of style/hue/saturation etc.

What I would do, though, is have a couple of variations of the tile which puts the clump of grass at the foot of the tree. Having it on every tree is as monotonous as never having anything. Try having a small clump of flowers for some, a different grass clump on others, and some with nothing at all. Also, I think that having the roots of the tree standing right on the very edge of the path looks odd, especially as the edging is stones. I would be inclined to move the tree several pixels up the tile so that it is slightly back from the edge.

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally got this section of the menu working properly today! The text is just a placeholder for now - but it's meant to change to depict your current relationship with each travelling partner. I might add "milestones" to the bar as they progress to show players what they've earned for strengthening their friendships (e.g - new skills etc.)

Relationship Menu.png

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@AquaDog It's difficult to comment, as I don't know exactly what art style you are going for, so what I am going to say might not have any relevance at all.

Your rail track has zero depth. The runners and rails are one pixel deep, which I think looks very strange.
In the desert shot (overall sweet) the way that the shadow (?) line runs absolutely straight across the screen looks clumsy. I would vary it slightly especially around the base of the cactus. Maybe also go for the tiniest bit of blurring between the 2 areas, especially around the enemies.

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kes Thanks for the critique. I absolutely struggle with backgrounds a lot so any bit of advice with those are helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmeeDucks