Machinehead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just released a skill showcase video for my game, OHMIC

Other than a few skill refinements planned for the future, I'm pretty happy with how everything came out~ hope ya'll enjoy!

note: if this isn't the proper place for this kind of video, please let me know ^^

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Davekron
maybe stick a few of those arrows in the trees too? make it look more like people tried to take cover and failed or that the abundant amount of arrows hit everything wholesale.

forest.PNG

Yes, I'm working on a game. Yes, forest. There's a small flashing arrow just to the right of the character to show where hidden paths are. I didn't want to do strange edges for hidden paths. The arrows appear if you get close enough and the game does point out to keep an eye out for them. You can also usually see the hidden areas on the screen anyway, (or at least parts of) so you know to look around a bit for the path.

ForestLogic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My project is actually finally in a working prototype state. Figured I'd post some of the early alpha maps.

Making your own assets takes SO much time, so for now I'm running about 80% original stuff, and filling in the gaps with modified versions of the RTP/royalty-free stuff. Obviously, the goal is for all the maps to be made of completely handmade images eventually, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, lol.

SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JPaulC nice map pal! Love all the detail! And yeah it’s the ff7 mansion, and most definitely could be a monster in that safe ;)

@ForestLogic looking good! Making assets is so time consuming..but totally worth it :)

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here are a few Mythos Screens. It's very RTP but I actually like the style.

Well I finally figured out how to record it, so here's a video of the Intro. Obviously it's in it's early stages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@OmnislashXX I have merged your 2 posts together. If you want to add something, just use the Edit button on your earlier post.

If I could make just a couple of suggestions.
On your town map, use Click+Shift mapping so that the paths to your doors go right up to the door. People will wear away any grass in that area.
On your cave map, there seems to be something slightly odd about the steps on the 2 right hand sections. They seem to be exclusively lying on the upper level, and don't give the impression that they are leading down to the next level. This is particularly the case with the one on the far right, where the height of that final bit (going by the amount of cliff showing above the water) is significantly lower than the difference between the middle and left bits - yet you have the same number of steps.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah. I see. Well, that some good advice. Thanks!

Lorenze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A lil work in progress. What do y'all think? Any suggestions as I keep working on it?

Also, here's the original color I had for the ground tiles before I changed it to the above. I'm still torn on it - which do you prefer?

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OmnislashXX I like your town map and your cave/dungeon map looks ok to me.

@Lorenze I prefer the blue one. I also feel the white background one is too much for my eyes.

Lorenze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the feedback, definitely gonna go with the blue one.

@JPaulC - yup yup, they're activated via Mog's Weather EX plugin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

TS Zeta.. blow your ass east... I cant take a round 3.
Trying to create a diagonal sprite, by following through GrandmaDeb's tutorial here.
(Basically, cutting up and resizing parts from the down and left version of the sprite.) :LZScheeze:

I've been reworking some old sketches, there's definitely a change on the artwork :kaopride:

Drawing a character who fight with his dog in battle is an interesting yet difficult affair. :D
Trying to get my good habits back again after this year... I need to go back to the gym, but Brazil is still in a bad situation of Covid-19, so I will try to work out at home! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbilicious