gigaswardblade

narcisistic narcoleptic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes well i was eventually gonna use my own custom tile sets one day.

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finished one of the free parallax requests I offered a few days ago. I am still a beginner, but I am happy with how it came out. XD It is supposed to be a fantastical marketplace in a dreamworld.

KDS

KDS
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been starting doing some photoshop work again , here is a quick map i made to get into parallax mapping again. Let me know what you think :D

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@KDS What are those diagonal lines all over the screen? They completely destroy the picture.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@KDS I'm not convinced by your frame (as in, I don't think it enhances your picture for a showcase) but the map itself looks good!
One thing: the elevation when you look at the left and right wings seems to be really low. When you enter the house, that'd make a very low ceiling.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finished one of the free parallax requests I offered a few days ago. I am still a beginner, but I am happy with how it came out. XD It is supposed to be a fantastical marketplace in a dreamworld.

It looks wonderful, the brightness adds very much to the atmosphere.

Vassim74

It's a Secret!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Miss Nile That looks fantastic! I get a very whimsical vibe just looking at that!

I took a break from working on my project for a majority of 2017 due to some life changes, but now that I've squared most of them away I'm back to working on it again. I'm currently in the middle of reworking a lot of my maps because of how rushed they were, and I think I can finally call this the final version of my town map.

I originally had this town separated into several different maps, but after test playing, the multiple transitions from one part of town to another made it difficult to enjoy. So I decided to combine everything onto one map and added a shortcut button that allows you to fast travel from one part of town to another area (similar to Persona 4).

EDIT: Forgot to mention. One of the buildings in the top-right corner of the town is missing its rooftop. It appears that way because the roof there was made out of charasets, and for some reason RPG Maker doesn't include sprites when exporting maps as images.

Last edited:

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Miss Nile That looks fantastic! I get a very whimsical vibe just looking at that!

I took a break from working on my project for a majority of 2017 due to some life changes, but now that I've squared most of them away I'm back to working on it again. I'm currently in the middle of reworking a lot of my maps because of how rushed they were, and I think I can finally call this the final version of my town map.

I originally had this town separated into several different maps, but after test playing, the multiple transitions from one part of town to another made it difficult to enjoy. So I decided to combine everything onto one map and added a shortcut button that allows you to fast travel from one part of town to another area (similar to Persona 4).

:o:o:o:o:o:o That is HUGE!!!!!!!

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Both Male and Female protagonists of Wolf Kingdom agaisnt Conquistadores in Siberia.
This can really happen if the spanish inspired faction of the game manages to somehow conquer up their way to Siberia.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@gigaswardblade I'd reduce the size of your interior maps. You have a lot of empty space.

Your exterior map has no windows on the upper floor. Floor 1 has no windows at the back which would make the place very dark. Your bedrooms have no wardrobes or similar for hanging clothes. The righthand room in particular is very empty.

DarkHunter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DarkHunter
Depends on what kind of game it is. The map looks a tad artificial (although it is very beautiful) but can work depending on contect!

@Thomas Smith
Looks really cozy and natural!

@SomaelCK
Very nice! Very Earthbound-y. I like the contrast between the futuristic characters and the person wearing the straw-hat.
Thank you! I will try to do my best! if i can do :kaothx:

gigaswardblade

narcisistic narcoleptic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes 1, lightbulbs. 2, the room on the right was empty because i forgot to fill it in before taking the screenshots. 3, i cant change the size of the bottom floor without changing the size of the top floor, so instead i decided to remodel the tavern part instead.

oops, forgot the trashcan in the right room.

Attachments

Last edited:

LeviTheMyth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English/Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
upload_2018-1-30_20-30-8.png

So this is my first time making a game. First time mapping.
This is an example but is it good?
I see alot of people complaining about new people that they are bad mappers what about me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BRIEF HISTORY OF MY GAME SO FAR
June 2019 - My friend (let's call him G) says he wants to make a game
later- it's really bad and angsty
laterer - He gives up

EARLY 2020 - I suggest trying again, G says yes
slightly later - G gives up and gives me the whole idea
LATE 2020 - I finish the script's first draft. G doesn't like it

And that's where we stand!
To get validation for all your hard work feels amazing.

Studio Blue did a video on Collector and enjoyed it a lot. I expected them to rip it to shreds, but the gameplay went (mostly) well.

There are things I can improve, but they said my game "oozes Mike Pondsmith" (he's the creator of the Cyberpunk 2020 ttrpg, which precedes Cyberpunk 2077). I was shocked to hear such a compliment! :kaopride:
People3_3 and People3_4 added!

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weissblueter