Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Site Feedback' is for issues with the forum, the software which powers the forum, things like that.
We have a thread specifically for posting maps and getting feedback.
[mod]Merging this with Game and Map Screenshots.[/mod]

gigaswardblade

narcisistic narcoleptic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i've always wanted to know what this tile on the overworld tileset is. i've never understood what it was or what to use it for. anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• wut.png
    wut.png
    374.1 KB · Views: 8

LeviTheMyth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English/Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
upload_2018-1-31_22-13-40.png

So this is my first time making a game and this is the map that i am proudest of.
But i saw alot of people complaining about new people that are bad mappers and i am new and
am i a bad or good mapper? If not, please say why i need improve

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@LeviTheMyth That map, with the same comments, is already on this thread. You will see it is the last post on page 5. Please do not post the same map twice unless you have made alterations and would like feedback on the changes.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LeviTheMyth
The key to good maps is to plan and design them before opening the editor - that means thinking on what belongs on the map and why, and where to place what. A lot of bad maps happen because the developer hadn't planned the map and either got it too empty, or too cluttered or otherwise unplayable or unviewable.

on this specific map, it's still too "blocky" - nature doesn't make cliffs that way. You started to break the usual large areas, but you didn't go far enough.
Additionally, you should work through one of the tutorials on shift-click-mapping. Because you didn't use shift, several borders are wrong and add to the bad look.

Lycanimuss

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

A map I made for a project I am working!

Unsuccessful Ambush

wJxWuhc.gif

Fladian

Random Randomness
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bet you can't guess what's lurking in this cave lol
View attachment 81440
I'm going for bats.

A big thankyou to @whtdragon for the cobwebs, maps aren't finished yet, but the cobwebs look great and add such detail.
View attachment 81712 View attachment 81713
...uh... spiderly-bats. :p

Very nice web.

A map I made for a project I am working!

Unsuccessful Ambush

wJxWuhc.gif
Wow, that looks stunning.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Alexander Hawksmoor Those are very nice cobwebs, but I wonder if they would look even better if you edited them to a slightly lower opacity. At the moment they look less gossamer and more blanket.

AcosmicDevi

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LeviTheMyth - Unless you're going for a surrealistic design, the water for the waterfalls need an origin point and a destination. At the moment, it looks like the water is erupting from nowhere and soaking into the ground, which would likely result in a flooded area.

Lucy Fox

Chosen Undead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Lycanimuss That looks really nice!

I reworked the color scheme of the Erayu swamp. It's now a little more defined and not longer such a color mud.
dfwafd.png
And I also set up a lighting script to bring a nice atmosphere to the night time. Of course it looks better in motion. :LZYcat:
afwaw.png

Skyquake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Greetings everyone! Even though I've been stalking these forums for quite some years now, this is my first post. Lemme know what you think about a part of the main city from my game.

EDIT: it seems i couldn't upload the image properlycity2.jpg

mGqeUR

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Skyquake Sadly your image is not showing up, at least for me. Could you please upload it again.
Thanks.

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not entirely sure I have the mood right yet. (also there are supposed to be guards that I haven't placed yet)
CZ1Rz8p.png

Puruiro

Artist and wannabe Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@lemongreen I have a feeling there is too many colored lights it makes my mind busy, so I cant feel the right mood, like there is white, yellow, red and blue in one small map. Maybe reduce to two/maybeee three colors only, that should help settling the mood better. Also the light over the throne is too dark, so the light at the bottom pulls all my attention more, instead of focussing on the king. The throne deserves to be brighter^^

@Lucy Fox It looks good! I like these moving glowing thingies, I'm curious what it looks like in motion!

@Kato-A What a nice improvement, I like the way the new version looks^^

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Puruiro Actually the light over the throne is the brightest (not counting the one from the chandler; I could take that out but then I'd have to rebalanced the rest of the lighting because the rest of the room couldn't be seen) I'm also using a zoom script so not all of it will be seen at once (the way I have it set up is the light over the throne only come on when the king is there, otherwise it'll be off) Also, your suggestions aren't really helpful towards the mood I'm trying to go for.

Puruiro

Artist and wannabe Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@lemongreen Ah, if its not all in the same time, then its fine, I thought it would be the way it looks like in the screenshot.^^

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@lemongreen If the king is meant to be standing, then fine. Otherwise, I'd consider an edit on the sprite so that it is actually sitting on the throne. A throne is meant to signify importance/power. That is reinforced if the person is sat on it and the other has to stand.

@Skyquake There is a lot that's right with the map. You have used the space well, there is a variety in your buildings, but the place still feels cohesive because you have used the same tiles. Something you might want to think about, though, is the number of trees you have. In a town where people do not have their own private spaces, public space becomes more precious. I doubt that people would have left so many trees filling up the only green spaces in the town. I am also wondering about where people meet together. Often this will be around the communal well, but not every town has to have one. There seems to be nowhere just to sit in the sun because there are no benches or similar. Unless they all go to the pub/tea shop, where do people congregate for neighbourly chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yorshka