Game & Map Screenshots 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gustavo_Br

Gustavo_Br Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  2. Kvothe

Kvothe The Bloodness Veteran

First Language:
    Brazil
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @sleepy_sealion : cute tiles xD

@kaine : gorgeous tileset! WOW, I love it, it is pretty professional.

@Milksteeve : I have to say that you need to change the U.I, take a attention on colors.

@zacheatscrackers : Kind of reminds me GTA, but well, I liked... but I in my opinion this need something more... more off standard.

@XIIIthHarbinger : Huge work dude, I like it.

@Ksi : I like of the shadow, but the light is very artificial.

@seryphi : what is it about these blue neon circles?

@visitorfromdreams : snes-cute-chars- and funny xD

@GustavoBR : You are brave to do some game with these graphics, it is pretty hard to make something harmonic. I'll look after to play the game when it was released!

[hr]~

Making some weird stuff with pixi-light, well... I need to stay off procrastination to make the editor more practical and more beautiful... and addon stuff as well..

Lycanimuss, Marquise* and seryphi like this.
  3. XIIIthHarbinger

XIIIthHarbinger Part Time Super Villain Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kvothe
    Thank you,

I am a bit of a lore junkie, & very inclined to nit picking mistakes, especially my own. So I wanted to put in some work regarding the world "off screen" as it were, so any time I am writing lore about those areas, I have an actual visual representation that I am going off of. Rather than just a vague idea.

Granted given the magnification level there is a lot of detail missing, as each "tile" represents a portion of the surface area of Earas approximately 85.056 km by 85.056 km, or approximately 7234 km2. It's just slightly smaller than earth in overall dimensions.

But now I have guidelines for the total landmass of various continents, their points of intersections with various oceans, icesheleves, & other continents; as well as rough coordinates of various planetary biomes areas, major mountains (Earas' equivalents to Everest, Kilimanjaro, Fuji, Rainer, etcetera), primary rivers (Earas' equivalent of the Mississippi, the Nile, the Amazon, etcetera); & generalized ideas regarding predominate terrain features of about 62,500 regions.

Not to mention when I get around to placing major points of civilization, capitals of empires, holy cities of religions, etcetera; I can have a general estimate of distance between them down to the hundred kilometer range. Not what I would call accurate, but certainly better than having a vague idea in my head of anythings relative positional relationship to everything else.

Best of all when I make the next game, I can just carry all of the work over, so all of the lore I am building now, I will already have ready to go.

What are you planning to do with the light system you're working on?

It seems like it would work fairly well in a dungeon or cave system for concentrated pools of light, but when you were testing it in the video, the concentration seemed a little too intense for an open outdoor area. Unless you're thinking the whole light that peeks through the clouds, illuminating the protagonist, epic moment kind of thing. Then I suppose it could work, though RPG maker's usual camera angel isn't very conducive to that kind of a shot, cinematically speaking.

I suppose if you had a bit of a cloudy background parallax, to illustrate that it's overcast, the player/audience would recognize the visual cue.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Kvothe Just a reminder that this thread is for game and map screenshots, not videos about creating your lighting. Think of it as a place to get a critique on the final result, not to view your computer trying out different ways to get to the final result.

And on the map itself, I still think you need to edit the colour of that tree in the middle of the map. Its neon bright green clashes with the ground and overall tone of the map, and no amount of lighting is going to change that.

Kvothe likes this.
  5. seryphi

seryphi Spoonie Artist Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kvothe Those are door locations! I need to make some arrows and such to make it more obvious and less, well, neon.

Kvothe likes this.
  6. Nicke

Nicke Fortune seeker Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Mapping a nice little ruin. Trying out some new things.
    [​IMG]

7. Davekron

Davekron The Emperor's Archon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After a few months, getting back to RPG Making
    TEA60.jpg

Marquise* and OnslaughtSupply like this.
  8. Weremole

Weremole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    bleh_screen03.jpg

So RPGMaker MV is a lot of fun. Anyway, portrait is mockup. It's fun building a glitzy menu when I've done strictly utilitarian things for so long.

Sal-O-Mac, Marquise*, flirion and 3 others like this.
  9. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Nicke Other than vines over the door, there's no much that actually says "ruins" to me. Lots of brightly burning torches and braziers, intact pillars, no floating debris on the water etc. As for the vines, they don't connect with the ground, nor go up to e.g. a roof where they could have fallen from, so how do they grow?

@Davekron Nice map, but the lighting is too harsh, imo. I'd blur those sunrays, which are far too sharp. Also sun is not pure white, which these appear to be. I'd add a touch of peach or similar to warm the colour up a bit.

@Weremole Good start on your menu. It's difficult to judge its overall impact until all the characters are present.

Davekron likes this.
  10. Davekron

Davekron The Emperor's Archon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kes you meant something like this?

TEA61.jpg

11. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Davekron That's much better. You might try reducing the opacity a bit as at the moment it detracts a bit by being so strong as to overpower the map itself.

Davekron likes this.
  12. Nicke

Nicke Fortune seeker Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kes : True, maybe it is a Temple instead then. Not really sure what I am calling it. But what do you mean with the vines? Should I move them above the roof or closer to the ground?

13. Weremole

Weremole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Okay. I've made the rest of the mockup portraits.
    bleh_screen04.jpg

Sal-O-Mac, Marquise*, flirion and 5 others like this.
  14. Milksteeve

Milksteeve Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's so cool, how did you do that menu?
    Sem título.png Any ways to improve this map?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2018
    Marquise* and SoSick. like this.
  15. XIIIthHarbinger

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Milksteeve
    The most obvious would of course be to fix the fifth tree from the top along the left hand border, but I am fairly certain you've already noticed that one.

Beyond that, I would probably do some color modification to the grasses & the like, to a more yellowish brown to reflect the season better. Because while some bushes & trees maintain their green throughout the winter, grasses don't almost without exception. Even so called "Winter Wheat" doesn't actually stay green & grow during winter.

Now in more northern climes you do have areas that can have frost, snows, hail, well into the spring, & every once in a very great while into the summer. But such things are a rarity. However, given that you're using barren trees in concert with your green grasses, I am assuming you were going for winter.

You also might want to trim back the starting point of your structure shadows, on the buildings right side, while extending them further up the L-Point of the structure.

Consider, most of the shadows cast by your trees have them pointing towards about "1 O'clock". While your structure shadows are pointing towards about "3 O'clock". While it's not very noticeable, the proximity of the trees & the structure make the contrast more pronounced.

16. Weremole

Weremole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Time, effort and plugins. What I can say is that SumRandomDudes SuperTools Engine is astounding.

17. Milksteeve

Milksteeve Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    thx, man.
    what about now? Sem título.png

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2018
    Marquise* likes this.
  18. XIIIthHarbinger

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Milksteeve
    I would say that the color shift makes it look more like winter, & the tree is obviously an improvement.

However, I didn't mean you needed to remove the shadows from the structure completely. With them being at about "1 O'clock" you would still have them come off the structure a bit.

If you look at the shadows of your trees they are just slightly off center, & only start past a certain point on the trees.

So for example I would place the start of the shadow for the forward section, probably right at the connection of the L-point. & the shadow for the structure's side section, probably right about where the second sub-branch that overlays the building tiles.

Because of the sunlights angle, it going to cut into the area where a shadow could be cast, by about the first tile or two. I would only attach it to the structure corners, if I were using some custom shadow assets, that start very narrow & expand out to intersect with the shadow tool's layer, say somewhere between a 45 degree to 65 degree angle that covers one or two tiles.

There might be those kinds of assets already available in the various resource threads, I honestly haven't looked for them.

19. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

Milksteeve, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

In the future, if you want to add something after you posted, you use the 'Edit' button. I've told you this before, so please take note of this. I'll merge them together now.

Milksteeve likes this.
  20. Elissiaro

Elissiaro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I prefer the old grass. It makes everything look more cold and the grass itself looks more frosted.
    Also, as far as I'm aware grass only really goes brown during summer when it doesn't get enough water and/or too much sun, not during winter.
    That's here in sweden though, which is a cold climate. Grass in warmer climates might be different I guess?

A-Moonless-Night likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.