Game & Map Screenshots 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Gorgeous!

2. DownwardSpiral

DownwardSpiral I need help, thanks. Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    These are great! The ones that stand out for me the most those that use lighting (very important in general) and depth(mostly things like elevation or buildings). Loads of talent on this site.

3. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Made a new battleback. One of these days I'll learn to make a seamless loop, promise.
    [​IMG]

mobiusclimber, Marquise*, Low and 4 others like this.
  4. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Lorenze I love it!

@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome to make it more jungle/dense forest you might want to add more low foilage and less grass and a fallen tree here or there

5. Lee Sang

Lee Sang Sang Hendrix Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My game's protagonist battle animation on testing.

[​IMG]

6. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Lee Sang Wow! I like your graphics on your battle test, so nothing I can add.. Although, it does suffer that the face and the dirt are about the same color. I assume that you are doing a limited color palette.

Anyway, I needed to share something to do something enjoyable after I stepped in dog poop just a little while ago. *yuck* So, I decided to share a screenshot. *Again, yuck* The bigger stuff is from Avery, who helps make this map look more believable. =^_^=

Horror_City_screenshot.PNG

Map002.png

7. Finnuval

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Caitlin nice work... though 'nice' might be a bit out of context here lol. I like the dark tone. Well done

8. Nicke

Nicke Fortune seeker Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Working on my equip scene now.
    [​IMG]

9. zacheatscrackers

zacheatscrackers Machinehead Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Caitlin that road looks lovely :) I also really like the tint and tank to the right. Very nice!

10. Prez

Prez Headband Appreciator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hallo! So yesterday I discovered that VX Ace only has two layers for tiles, so I decided to go back to MV, since the only reason I moved to VX in the first place was because I liked the way it looks. However, I still wanted to use Cilianna's Ancient Dungeon tiles, so I put them through the RTP upsizer (I'm fairly certain this is allowed, as I remember it saying that they can be used in any game engine, not just VX).

Anyway, here's my attempt at making some town gates. Just wanna know if I'm on the right track. :) (I feel like the bridge could be spiced up somehow, but not sure how exactly)

tilepreview.png

Marquise* likes this.
  11. Finnuval

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Prez Looks good on first glance. Maybe you haven't come around to it yet but I would suggest adding some shadow to give it all a bit more depth. As for spicing up the bridge, well you could at some statues and/or lightsources or simply ad a bit of snow here and there on the walkway to break up the scene a bit.

That's my 2 cents anyway :)

12. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Prez I think you need to find a way of making the bridge look like it really is spanning the distance. Something that would help would be some shadows. At the moment that bridge isn't throwing any, and that is a big factor in why it looks so flat/unrealistic/messes up any sense of perspective.

At the very minimum, the bridge should throw a shadow on the cliff face that it crosses. As well as a general shadow, ideally the full length, a bridge that long would probably have a support column (or two) which you could indicate with another shadow, though I personally would also indicate it with a thin tower/column/pillar showing on the side and above the bridge. Dreadful fast drawing below. Something like this should be possible with that tile set.
    Untitled.png

Marquise* and Finnuval like this.
  13. samkfj

samkfj Bug Powder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's a few I recently finished. It's one of the lesser towns, the first town the player would enter. It's changed since my last demo. The pics unfortunately don't show the animations but I've been trying to make it as lively as possible.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The redhead is the PC

14. Senatris

Senatris Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Prez That's a very cool map scene! I love your entrance to the town, it looks like one secure town. I agree with @Finnuval when they say, perhaps adding some shadows here and there might make your scene come to life a bit more? Shadows are a good way of adding extra detail I've found from my own mapping experiences... It seems like a pretty small detail but actually makes a big difference to your work.

I see what you mean about the bridge. To me it's crying out for 'extras', if it were me, I would add some more detail to your bridge. Maybe some guards stood by the gate? And I would probably add a few bits to the stone floor of the bridge, statues maybe or perhaps just peasant villagers talking on the bridge?
    All things like this would make great detail for your scene and your bridge, and, it will also bring it more to life :smile:

I do like it thought. You've made something really nice there, I love how its atop a cliff/mountain with the sea far below...! Awesome.

Finnuval likes this.
  15. Senatris

Senatris Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I love Seaport @samkfj !! Even without animations I fell in love with the scene you set up here. It's so colourful and pretty, the different coloured trees blend well with with Seaport and there's plenty of decor items placed delicately across your map. I think it looks really well made.

I look forward to seeing more screenshots.

Here's the first ever map I made in VX-Ace, it was awful ha ha! :oops:
    Fire Dungeon.png

The game was supposed to be about a boy who travelled across different worlds, sadly though this game was scrapped :frown:

Marquise* and samkfj like this.
  16. zacheatscrackers

zacheatscrackers Machinehead Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @samkfj Blitzkrieg Pop!! Haha I love it :D Very detailed town, especially for a lesser one. I'd perhaps add some flowers and whatnot to the patches of grass by the buildings, but other than that I like it a lot.

samkfj likes this.
  17. Senatris

Senatris Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi!

I would really like some feedback for my map scene below :smile: !

Map Scene.png

This is a work in progress...! It's an ancient temple which has semi-flooded over the years, hence the statues slightly surfacing through the water and the steps leading into the water. I haven't started shading yet so there's no shading, and I haven't added all the decor yet but I'd still love your opinion on this ^^ :wink: Thank you!

Anchovy, mobiusclimber and Marquise* like this.
  18. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Finally finished the live-action teaser I directed, really happy with how it turned out. Thoughts?

@Senatris: It's a good start, but those statues look less flooded and more just cut off, and the two silver statues at the top don't really mesh with the rest of the scene. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to what you'll do with the area.

19. Senatris

Senatris Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Lorenze Thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it. Hm I wasn't sure about the silver statues either, they do look somewhat out of place and I'll edit the statues in the water...! Thanks for letting me know, I'm glad to get some feedback.

Wow!! That live action teaser trailer is really good, very professional IMHO! Not too fast and not too slow, just right, and as I said, very professional looking. I wish I could make trailers like that :stickytongue:

Lorenze likes this.
  20. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Senatris Please note that the opening post of this thread specifically asks that people not quote images and videos as it makes the page very slow to load and makes it more difficult to scroll down, especially for those people accessing this on their phones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.