ABandit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
@PsychicToaster, that's a lovely world map! I love the watercolor ocean :) where would the cities be? I don't see any.

I already have several maps in my RPG project. This is the hero's hometown, a sea town with a Navy base.
map.png
I used one of VX Ace sample maps as inspiration and redid it using First Seed tiles. Any feedback is appreciated, as I feel it's one of the weakest maps :)

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@PsychicToaster, that's a lovely world map! I love the watercolor ocean :) where would the cities be? I don't see any.

I already have several maps in my RPG project. This is the hero's hometown, a sea town with a Navy base.
I used one of VX Ace sample maps as inspiration and redid it using First Seed tiles. Any feedback is appreciated, as I feel it's one of the weakest maps :)

Lol. I haven't added all of that yet. That'll be one of the last parts. But I appreciate it ^^

I like the house on the sandbar. It's very intriguing.

Senatris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Senatris Please note that the opening post of this thread specifically asks that people not quote images and videos as it makes the page very slow to load and makes it more difficult to scroll down, especially for those people accessing this on their phones.

@Kes Sorry for the delay in replying. I was in hospital, not a very pleasant experience... I didn't see the opening post of this thread, sorry, I know now though so won't happen again.

Lorenze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DVisser - Wow, that looks like a really fun map to explore! The only critique I have is that the proportions on the houses seem a little off, I'd increase the size of the roofs and decrease the wall size of the middle red house by a smidge.

@PHAZE7 - Very atmospheric, but the first screenshot is too dark. Lighten it up a bit and you'll be golden. :)

Redid the colors for this area, what do you think?
kKY7NeK.gif

Also, this got buried on the last page, but here's my newest teaser for my game.

PHAZE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Lorenze Thank you, that map is dark only at the start, the stairs at at the corner, where the light is coming from lead to a room underneath where the player solves a puzzle to turn on the lights in the room above. I tried to make it as dark as I could while still being hard to navigate, but thanks for the feedback

Really cool teaser, the combination of game footage, live action footage is really creative.

EDIT: I had a look at your store page, the aesthetic and the idea are really interesting.

@PsychicToaster Nice world map, it's very detailed.

Saboera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Some shots of Metropolis 13. (Being made in MV)

Started as an idea for last year's IGMC, a year of coding, assets production and polish later I'm about to have a playable alpha.
I'll most likely start making gifs of it in 720p at some point later in the week to actually display how it looks in action (it's way cooler). But here's some static shots in 1080p in the meantime, since it's probably a good idea to start spreading the word of its existence.

Still in alpha and some things are WIP and bound to change, like having backgrounds maybe.

yOtVmht.jpg

srgErN8.jpg

kbKOjLK.png

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Saboera, your game looks very interesting. Is it hard to code the card game? It looks very hard.

PHAZE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Saboera, Your game has a really cool synthwave vibe. Really nice graphics.

Finnuval

Made of sarcasm and rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Saboera very nice colors and graphics, very futuristic. As I don't know anything bout the game I can only say that these shots are not in need of A background. The Black makes everything pop even more And adds to the futuristic feel, imo

Saboera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Saboera, your game looks very interesting. Is it hard to code the card game? It looks very hard.

To be honest, it was pretty hard, yes, given my very rudimentary coding skills and the fact I knew nothing of javascript when I first started.
It's mostly built via some serious eventing (lots of script calls and stuff) and some basic scripting to incorporate or modify engine features that I needed.

@Saboera, Your game has a really cool synthwave vibe. Really nice graphics.

Thanks! It's set in a cyberpunk setting, I worked pretty hard to nail the theme and interface.
While I provided concept art, the final character art is from my contractor, she did a fantastic job on all the characters.
I also contracted a composer and I got some really awesome music to go with it.
If anyone is interested, here's a sample from the music used in the game.

@Saboera very nice colors and graphics, very futuristic. As I don't know anything bout the game I can only say that these shots are not in need of A background. The Black makes everything pop even more And adds to the futuristic feel, imo

Thank you, I'm definitely on the fence about backgrounds. I do like the black, but I do think the right background style would bring it a step ahead in some areas, especially the VN styled cutscenes. I was exploring contractors this week but the one guy I reached up to was too expensive. For now it's gonna stay as is or I'll try to get some feedback in here around an alternative I have in mind.

Last edited:

Finnuval

Made of sarcasm and rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Saboera as for the cutscenes some background might indeed add some depth (no pun intended) though the Black also adds to it. Perhaps having A partial background but keeping A good Black shadowlike border might be an idea (real hard to explain exactly what I mean haha)

Anyway it's looking great

ABandit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Thank you, @Lorenze, I updated the map with your suggestion! I also moved the well slightly to the left and fixed the rooftops ends on the big buildings :kaopride:
Your map looks great! I love the colors and the leaves effects. Can you walk among the trees?

PreciousMinty

Practicing Necromancer
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the first town for a game I'm making done, and the world map almost done, so I figured I might as well post them here for feedback.
(The first town map is actually multiple maps strewn together, the black areas are just areas that don't need maps, as they'll hever be accsesible to the player.)

Anyways, this is the first town;Map009.png

and this is the world map; Map002.png

Dust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been working on this room for quite some time. I wanted it to be some sort of academical plant-growing room Quite a lot of story will be happening here, so I wanted to give the room some extra polish:
LBMqqRA.png

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Dust I'm impressed by your maps tbh. Btw, how did you make light effects for the window tiles back then in XP? Was it fog image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
Got my first vax today, arm is a bit numb, but nothing odd so far. :kaopride:
dYOm9IY.jpg
image_2021-06-15_212613.png
Looks a bit.....kid friendly. Then again, I suppose that does with with a lot of retro themes... Crap, already spotted a flaw xD
What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincentus