Game & Map Screenshots 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Project my son and I are working on and after alot of prelim work we're finally getting around to mapping. Picked up the fsm tiles as I absolutely love the way they look and the fit is perfect. New to mapping in general, so we scrapped a TON of maps before this one. Wanted to get some feedback/tips to improve on. Meant to be a pretty decent sized town/city, quite a few npcs, player will spend a good amount of time here main/side questing.

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't make beaches or cliffs. I've looked everywhere on the internet for an example of a beach made in rpgmaker but I can't find anything. :/

Does anyone know of what I could do to make this look better or where I could find any tutorials on making beaches?

beach.PNG

Elissiaro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some screen from my village map
That... Is so pretty.
And the atmosphere in the video is great. With all the bird sound. Really feels like a summer evening.

I think the only thing I dislike is the big tree in the top and bottom pictures. It doesn't really match the other trees, with that dark outline it has, and the super dark shadow. It looks kind of cartoony, in comparison.

Pix3M

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ColonyGaia_screen7.png
I've been redoing some of my scripts so they are more easily screenshottable and require less context

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Writing a bunch of Plugins for a personal project, just a handful of screenshots from some of the UI things I've been working on lately. The Scene_Menu stuff is still very much a WIP.

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@callmedan It's pretty unlikely that you have two different wind directions at the same altitude...
This would look good (and make more sense) if the different clouds were moving in the same direction, just at slightly different speeds.

Writing a bunch of Plugins for a personal project, just a handful of screenshots from some of the UI things I've been working on lately. The Scene_Menu stuff is still very much a WIP.
That plugin looks pretty cool. I'm just wondering why that long description (or any description) is necessary for what, I assume, is the Analyze spell (or something similar)? That sort of thing is more suited for a monster book. As long as there's nothing in that description that the player needs to know during a battle, there's no real good reason to have it. The menu page looks really nice tho, and I like the icons for your ATB (I'm guessing you'll be using an ATB if you have a visible indication of turn order).

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm just wondering why that long description (or any description) is necessary for what, I assume, is the Analyze spell (or something similar)? That sort of thing is more suited for a monster book. As long as there's nothing in that description that the player needs to know during a battle, there's no real good reason to have it.
It's actually not a spell, it's a command in the command menu. You select it and you can just scroll through the enemies. The description will give hints about the enemy and what they do. In my last game, I found myself feeling very restricted by the two description lines, especially when fighting bosses, so I wanted to open up a lot more space for myself.

The menu page looks really nice tho, and I like the icons for your ATB (I'm guessing you'll be using an ATB if you have a visible indication of turn order).
Thanks! And it's a Predictive CTB system that shows the current battler and the next 7 to act. When you choose a skill and are selecting a target, it will update the CTB with what the new turn order will be - so, if you select a slowing ability, the CTB will update to show you what the new turn order will be if that slow is applied. If you choose to use an action that doesn't use up any CTB charge, then it will update to show that you'll be able to act again immediately after. It also lets you see if someone's going to act multiple times before someone else in the next 7 turns.

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But what I mean is, that enemy description shows up during battle, right? I personally think the description itself is unnecessary. In battle, you need to know certain things about the enemies: strengths, weaknesses, element if that plays a part in your game... what you DON'T need, in battle at least, is "flavor text." A description of an enemy that will not turn the tides of war in your favor. I would personally relegate that to a monster book instead.

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It won't be flavor text. In my last game, I would give information about how the enemy behaves, or strategy hints that weren't obvious or easily communicated (like "this ability can be interrupted if you do x thing"), but I almost always had to keep rewording it to more and more concise statements that eventually became awkward, or leave information out because I didn't have enough room. The longer description area is born out of a need I always wanted fulfilled during the last go-around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Worst part about doing a plugin based on an existing system: figuring out the best way for developers to set up the data.
Right now, my free time is less when Covid 19 in my country.
Begin to reduce the number of daily infections to 0.
Okay someone really needs to fix that broken railing, its a health hazard...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirty_score