Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Krestrow.png

Someone mentioned that there was too much dead space (Empty area) In my map, so I'm currently working on it. This is what it looks like after adding some trees and a small farm pen.

AmieLK

Tired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sharm I'm so glad you convinced me to take the leap. It's so much faster, once the lineart stage is past. And I wasn''t sure if the likes + no comments meant You're Doing Great! or You're Doing Unspeakably Bad! One of those one-or-the-other ones, yknow?? Ahaha!

Also upon looking at @Lorenze 's map again, I still love it. The animation style is just gorgeous, too.

@Yougotsomechocolate I like the consistency! Makes it easy to traverse. I remember spending hours stuck on a ledge in Golden Sun cuz the stairs blended into the cliffs so much. To get more variation and visual differentiation, follow the same method you used to differentiate cliff to grass, path to bridge, etc. Different colour palettes! Something bright purple would pop out and add focus, or make something look important! Flowers, roadsigns, stray cat, etc.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yougotsomechocolate There is still a lot of dead space in there. Everything is super straight as well... Time Fantasy is quite a bit more versatile then you are giving it. This is a map made for my game by one of my mappers.

upload_2019-3-12_6-53-1.png

Even if you don't clean up the straightness, this is a map that I made for the game early in my Time Fantasy build development (I actually plan on remaking this map soon as I have come quite a bit further in my mapping skills since then) that has quite straight paths, but you will see other space is filled in too.

upload_2019-3-12_6-54-48.png

Keep it up though. I love seeing the Time Fantasy used!

Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Arcmagik Any advice as far as making sure there is not too much straightness? I'll start trying to make it less straight.

Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Arcmagik Well, I've been reworking the map and now it currently looks like this.Krestrow.png now it's not as straight, haven't added decorations or anything yet. Just the important houses.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can also try just making it smaller. There's no good reason for keeping things that far apart.

Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And now here's what it looks like! It's improved from the the first one. The town is condensed into the upper area, with a small cemetery below for the village.
Krestrow.png
I guess it's time to start filling the space up to make it look lived in.

Last edited:

Dark_Sytze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For my game I've made a few mine maps, however I'm sure they could do with some improvement. Any feedback is highly appreciated

bigcalsworld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

My work in progress of my next village. Having some issues filling some of those obvious empty spaces though. And I'm considering extending the bottom part and adding a few more houses too.

DJK1NG_Gaming

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

My work in progress of my next village. Having some issues filling some of those obvious empty spaces though. And I'm considering extending the bottom part and adding a few more houses too.
Pretty good.I would definitely expand the bottom. And use a different tile for the bridge. Doesn't look stable.

Starfox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are some example maps from a Sci Fi Game I'm working on. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Ship's Bridge
HopeBridge.png

A Research Lab for Experimenting on Alien Creatures
BIOLAB.png

A Dormitory on a Scientific Research Station
Dorm.png

A Bazaar Located inside a Space Station
Bazaar.png

Lorenze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New trailer for my game:

@bigcalsworld - Yeah, I would definitely expand the bottom out and replace those bridges (unless that's what you're going for). I also think the fence placements look kinda awkward, but that could be just personal preference.
@Yougotsomechocolate - Looks a lot better so far, though the upper left area also looks a bit awkward with how empty it is at the moment.

Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've done some progress as far as the village
Krestrow.png
moved the top house to the left, put more trees. and hey look, flowers are starting to sprout! Also there is a carrot farm.

I've also started working on the tavern there.
Tavern.png
It has an bar area, guest room, and tavern owner room. (Events are on as if they were off, it would look a bit weird where the doors are at)

Last edited:

Saboera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
New trailer for my game:
Very nice, I like the offbeat vibe it has, reminds me a bit of a tame version of the weird trailer for LISA.
A lot of rpg maker devs should take notes here!

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, Im fairly new to RPG Maker and Im trying to design a sort of cave dungeon area. Here is what I have so far...
I welcome critic so I can improve my map, im not content with it but not sure how to give it the desired look im going for.

The style I am working towards is smaller areas with teleport events, but instead of making a new area completely I pasted the old area in the back kind of like reference making the map look bigger rather then just black space. The idea is that each small stage is going deeper and down into the cave.

I very much like this style but perhaps its the tilesets or my skills but I can't seem to get there.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I have a lighter work schedule next week. Is that a sign to move on to MZ?
I got a new rpg idea yesterday, titled "The Hero We Summoned to Save Us is a War Criminal from our Past?!"
Work on Yanfly's MZ plug-ins is coming along nicely. Looking forward to getting them: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Core_Engine_VisuStella_MZ
so uh variables can only be used for num lol? I guess I gotta fix that once MZ come out lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BM_ANDERSON