Game & Map Screenshots 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mighty Palm

The Mighty Palm Resident Palm Tree Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]
    My animation for traveling to alternate dimensions.

2. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @The Mighty Palm looks good. All i can think of that might make it even better is adding some particles being sucked into the rift when the character dematerialisazes at the start of the blinking

Edit : alternativly slowing down/drawing out the dematerialisazation

3. Milennin

Milennin "With a bang and a boom!" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Been a while since I posted any map in this. Currently working on a scene inside a small camp that is set up to defend against potential monster attacks, and is located in a high cliff area. It's part of a larger map, but the camp itself fits on a single screen... (the non-soldier people are the player + recruitable characters)
    [​IMG]

Henryetha, Marquise*, luzi and 3 others like this.
  4. Lihinel

Lihinel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    @Milennin Looks good so far, maybe rearrange the baricades to the west to make more of a walloff as there seems to be a 3 tile wide opening and a holde below it.

Topic:
    Didn't get much done this month, but managed to make a new Userinterface. (the old one got some negative feedback for being too large)

5. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I am working on a simple puzzel where the player has to follow directions on the ground in order to not get lost. Hey, not the most original puzzle in the world I admit, but a nice little throw-away to keep the player occupied. If you saw this arrow on the ground, would you go to the left or the right?
    [​IMG]

Marquise* and atoms like this.
  6. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Canini It could actually be either way depending on how you use symbols/images in your game as it both reminds me of a sword (making me go right or a bird making me go left... sorry if that doesn't help but there you have it :D

Canini likes this.
  7. Elissiaro

Elissiaro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Canini Yeah I can also see that going both ways. The little, tail things om the vertical line both makes it feel like its pointing left (like, a crossbow or bow aiming that wat), and that youre trying to indicate a giant arrow right.
    But you could always have the first arrow of the puzzle lead to an instant dead end if you follow it the wrong way.

Canini likes this.
  8. AmieLK

AmieLK Tired Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay!! Lines for the castlegrounds/castle are more or less done. Vita sprite included in there for size reference. I need this castle to have a wow-factor to it. I want it to be breathtaking. I also want to be able to use different colour schemes for when it's welcoming, vs. when it's threatening.

Anyway, any critique, suggestions, or ideas would be welcome!

[​IMG]

9. MoonMoonGames

MoonMoonGames Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Amie, make the palette bright and colourful for when it's welcoming, and purple/red when it's menacing. Colour theory is extremely fascinating, but it is really hard to get down right.

So, I'm working on a horror game (sort of) and I wanted opinions on whether having a miniature hub map was a good idea or not, or if there's anything else I'm missing from the design.

Here's what it looks like without any of my shader nonsense; for visibility's sake.

[​IMG]

And here it is with all the shaders, lighting, several parallax clouds, all the fun things I shouldn't be allowed to do. (I'm going to add the shadows to the other two buildings later)
    [​IMG]

pandadodod, batch, Marquise* and 2 others like this.
  10. batch

batch nailed-down sack of angry bees Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Canini if you want to go the extra mile, define the correct orientation of the arrow somewhere else, like in an inscription or on a sprite. that way the player sees it on its side here and immediately knows where it goes.

@MoonMoonGames i love tiny maps, i love hub maps, and i double-love tiny hub maps (especially this one you've got going on here). if it were me, though, i'd make it a little more closed-in by vegetation. parallax mapping for that is a plus, though not required. and since it is horror, the look and feel of it can go either way- cozy safe haven, or claustrophobic middle of nowhere.

yanyway
    papa's working on a new tileset, so pardon mister blank templateman.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Sharm, Lorenze, MoonMoonGames and 2 others like this.
  11. kenjivn14

kenjivn14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    These are the latest images about my game.
    Tactical RPG & Puzzle: OutSchool: <--snip-->
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Get it on play store : <--snip-->

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  12. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @kenjivn14 Please do not use this thread to advertise your game. Create a game thread in Commercial Games, having read the Rules and Guidelines first. I have removed your links, as this is not the place for them.

kenjivn14 likes this.
  13. Tayruu

Tayruu slate furry thing Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    The Mighty Palm: I agree with Finnuval's assessment in that there's something not quite polished about the "particles" of the sucking-in animation because of the framerate. I think maybe you might want to try other animations, like flashes of lines/circles or something, if you can't determine a way to do the dissolve effect.
    Everything else is lovely.

[​IMG]
    hi i love doing transparent water.
    It's not terribly obvious from a still image, but there's supposed to be a waterfall on that far edge there. Here's a gif version of it, but it's not perfect because of the overlay.

rue669, atoms, Marquise* and 2 others like this.
  14. Biestmann

Biestmann Heaven's Height Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

I revamped the character creation process for my game Eternal Dreamers. Inclusion and diversity has always been important to me, and I want to see that reflected in the game. To that end, I made two primary changes:
    • Removal of the sex selection: before, players were forced to choose between male and female player avatars. Now they don't have to worry about making that choice, able to simply choose whichever appearance they identify with best
    • Wild arrangement of avatar options: white male is the known default for most character creators, but why? Asking myself that question, I decided to forgo this archaic order, instead opting for a wild arrangement of all sex and ethnicity options. Everyone is equal, and no one comes first. That is reflected in the titling of these options as well, as they use letters over numbers
    These are small changes that did not require much effort on my part, but that I think can make a huge difference to the player. I urge everyone with a character creation system in place to take similar steps. It will be worthwhile!

Lorenze likes this.
  15. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Lonewulf123 and Ksi like this.
  16. shadefoundry

shadefoundry Is Sinistar Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So while I'm studying for exams, I've started messing around with the MV RTP again. I'm finding that maps look quite a bit better if I combine elements from both the Sci-Fi and the Fantasy tilesets. I'm hoping to get enough leeway out of them that I'll be able to build some maps that have a distinctly fantasy feel while still using some slightly sci-fi elements.
    As always, thoughts and critique are appreciated. :)
    [​IMG]

Benevolentwanderer and Marquise* like this.
  17. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    @Tayruu
    Looks great, but there's a problem with cliff height at the top-right of the waterfall. The cliff next to it should be two tiles high not one. Ooops~ ^.^)b

@Lorenze
    Love the water. Transition is booyah, though if there's a lot of battles in the game it could get annoying with how long it takes. Maybe get rid of that wait at the end of the cracking and if possible the loading of the cut-in face for turns be sped up a bit more?

@shadefoundry
    I recommend having the paths connect to the houses a bit more as those are where people walk the most (thus causing the paths to wear away the grass in the first place). Maybe also add a few more residential houses since there's seemingly only two in a village filled with shops.

Lorenze and shadefoundry like this.
  18. Nicke

Nicke Fortune seeker Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can't move on with this map. I love to map dungeons hehe.
    [​IMG]

Tailusei, atoms, Marquise* and 5 others like this.
  19. karraymalek

karraymalek Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Some screen from my ruin map

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2019
    BCj, Chaos Avian, Lycanimuss and 13 others like this.
  20. miani

miani Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    It looks really nice, a lot of details but the player still have a very nice path to follow.
    My only complain is that the first map is so shiny, I think you abused of the highlights there. Some parts of the grass looks like neon lights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.