Game & Map Screenshots 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somenick

somenick Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    On the other hand, when you actually play the game, you only see a portion of the map at a time.

2. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @somenick i give feedback on what i see which in this case is the whole map, furtermore even When not visibel all at once to many different styles can still make a city feel disjointed When paying

Not to mention i also was clear in saying it also came down to personal preference so... There's that ;)

3. Tw0Face

Tw0Face Chief Executive Officer Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @miani:
    It's the way how everything looks in the game. Basically, you're walking over a huge world map that looks exactly like this background. I've edited my post to replace the background with a slightly modified one that has a little bit more surface roughness to match the ingame graphics in a better way. Hopefully, the title font doesn't mix too much with the background now. :)

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

4. PsychicToaster

PsychicToaster Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    LOL. So the link explained it as a parody a bit better than the trailer. I had a feeling it was satire, but you never know haha. Pretty cool that you're learning to script. Now I'm on board with it heh.

5. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Started on a new map, a roman villa type building on a mountain. Im pleased with the building but not sure about the space around it.

Villa Thanos.png

6. miani

miani Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    The building itself is good. But the outside is too wild and random.

An example of what you can do in the outside:
    https://followinghadrian.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/9291225215_35d6520854_h.jpg?w=640&h=423

Try to make a beautiful garden, simetric, with a fountain in the center and a nice path leading to the front door.

atoms and Finnuval like this.
  7. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    The starting camp I made for a game for the "release something" event. Some explorers try to find some food on a strange island.
    [​IMG]

Marquise* likes this.
  8. Aoi Ninami

Aoi Ninami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @beliziam Those pillars at the front will have trouble supporting the weight. The pillars should spread out into arches so there isn't too much pressure coming down on a small area.

atoms and Finnuval like this.
  9. Finnuval

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @beliziam as @Aoi Ninami points out the pillars at the front (where the entrance supposedly is) are structurally unsound. You can do as she suggests or you could have the building more T-shaped with the extension thus running more under that part of the roof to support (which would mean adding some wall like you have at the sides)

As for the outside : it depends what you are going for really. if you are aiming for a more secluded, eccentric owner for that house then this is pretty good if however you are aiming more for a posh, rich noble then @miani makes a good suggestion

atoms likes this.
  10. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I gave the map another try. Still not finished but im getting there:
    [​IMG]

11. Finnuval

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @beliziam honestly i'm missing flowers (roses mainly) :) Also the T-tile doesn't look right as it seems to be a different dimensional position then the other tiles (adding some shadow at key locations fixes that though).

Also a Gazebo or other sitting area is what I'm missing but could easily fit at the right where their is enough grass left. The benches to the right look more like they're ment for the Garden staff

12. CountofArath

CountofArath Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looking for a little bit of advice for improvements/basic tips on map making as I'm still a bit of a beginner. There are obviously a few issues with perspective to consider and I'm really not happy about all the trees inside the mansion but I'm unsure about gardens and open spaces. I'm also hesitant about external trees coming up to the line of fortifications as that would seem counter to the purpose of the walls.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your time.

Chaos Avian, atoms and Marquise* like this.
  13. Tayruu

Tayruu slate furry thing Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    [​IMG]
    Oops, maybe standing under the ceiling beams isn't a good idea, you go cross-eyed.

Not completely happy with inner tiles for this part so far. They work better downsized to two-tiles high (from the original three), but things like windows and beds are still stumping me.

14. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Dezue I have temporporarily hidden your post as it looks like this might be a NSFW game, which we do not allow here as the site is PG13. Please post and clarify your game's rating. The same can also be said of the images in your signature.

atoms likes this.
  15. Dezue

Dezue patreon.com/peninja Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kes Heyho!
    Sorry and yes!
    I thought posting a SFW screenshot would be okay. Am I able to delete the post or could you do it?
    As for the signature, I've just updated it with our newer games, but I can revert it to the old one as well.

16. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Dezue Only Mods can delete a post, so I'll go ahead and deal with it. Thanks for your quick response.

Dezue likes this.
  17. Dezue

Dezue patreon.com/peninja Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kes Cool, thanks!

18. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    @Tayruu Just note that those are Theodore's tiles and that he didn't want people to use them anymore, so if you're going to make a commercial project out of them, well, you'd be going against the creator's wishes. Unless you've gotten his permission, in which case ignore this post.

19. Tayruu

Tayruu slate furry thing Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    @Ksi I'm aware of the requirement of permission for commercial projects, but as near as I could tell from the last post they made about them (2015), the only conditions were "please ask for permission for commercial projects" and "I'm not providing support any more". I can't see anything specifically about free projects.

(Also not sure if "Theodore" is correct permission or if it's "Takuya Seo", re 瀬尾辰也)

20. Underserial

Underserial Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.