Game & Map Screenshots 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    It's well known that he took his assets down and asked people not to use them any more. That's why they've not been used as much as they normally would have been. What did you think "not providing support anymore" meant when his most well known 'support' is his assets?

2. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

What do you think about my new cutscene idea. all the characters are going to have expressions and stuff. I just felt it might be a better idea that reguar on map cutscenes for the important plot cutscenes, that way the players can tell from the difference that this scene will further the plot more than just buying stuff from the shopkeeper for example.

3. Nicke

Nicke Fortune seeker Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Working on block puzzle.
    [​IMG]

4. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Nicke - love the soft light glowing effect!

5. Nicke

Nicke Fortune seeker Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you! Working on a portal room now. :)

[​IMG]

6. Yougotsomechocolate

Yougotsomechocolate Random Chest Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After taking a little while to build, here's my almost completed second town.
    Will post the refurbished town in another post
    Also here is the inside of the small blue house
    Small House Mur1.png

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Marquise* and Leanne like this.
  7. CircleDrain

CircleDrain Villager Member

First Language:
    german
    @Yougotsomechocolate

I like it, old school Rpg style <3
    Just one thing for the inside Screen. The wall of the fence need to be more in the front. I made a fast edit to show you what i mean.
    [​IMG]

A little screenshot from my project.

[​IMG]

Marquise* likes this.
  8. Yougotsomechocolate

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @CircleDrain That is very strange.. I can fix that real quick
    edit: I thought your editing was the game itself.
    Fixed the house.
    Small House Mur1.png

Marquise* likes this.
  9. CircleDrain

CircleDrain Villager Member

First Language:
    german
    @Yougotsomechocolate haha :D
    Yes it happens sometimes. When you have over 200 Maps in a game it happens more or less pretty often. But it is just a little detail, nothing big.

10. Yougotsomechocolate

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I also started making a Tavern (Now I need to make the insides of the blacksmith and finish the rest of the castle
    The Radiant Shield.png
    and the first floor of the castle (with a kitchen, worker quarters and some statues.)
    This is being redone

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  11. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Okay, so, your maps are way too big and empty. Condense them down. Don't make a ton of room and then struggle to fill them up. Even that town is incredibly huge. Cut those maps in half and they'd still fit most of the stuff in them without trouble. The castle map, for example, doesn't need a billion long hallways. It also needs more structure. Check out some actual maps of castles.

IAmJakeSauvage likes this.
  12. Yougotsomechocolate

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can never escape the square longness of doom for some reason... I had a previous town that used to look Squarish, but i have fixed it using feedback. So I'll post a picture after I change the castle interior.

13. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Yougotsomechocolate : One thing that I find helps is to figure out your scale in your game. For instance, since the beds in the game are 2 x 1 squares, and most beds are 6 feet long in real life, I use one square = 3 feet (or 1 meter if you use metric). That has helped me to keep my map scale down a lot for interior maps.

And don't feel too bad. When I started out I had a 90 x 90 tile mansion in my game. Needless to say that is no more, the final map was 36 x 28 tiles in the end.

Finnuval likes this.
  14. Amy Pond

Amy Pond Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    Good to see Time Fantasy getting more use!

Anyway. Long time no see, guys!

I don't have the time to make games any more so I'm just tinkering with things really. This isn't a serious project and almost certainly won't be released (it's a "fangame" anyway so I don't wanna get C&D'd to hell and back).

I'm trying to create a Final Fantasy VII testbed, like Dargor's for FFVI but nowhwere near as complex, nor is it as true to the original. Nonetheless I'm trying to be as accurate as possible.

Here's my progress on the battle system. I only started this yesterday so haven't got all that far. Like I said, just tinkering.

I've used various plugins to achieve this, including DoubleX's battle system and Mog's battle cameras. Plus lots of dirty hacks of my own.

Heres the link as it's a big gif (think they turn it into a webm anyway)

https://tinyurl.com/yyjdxvqn

I want to try and do ambient camera movement if I can, and to refine the camera moves a lot as it's quite jerky.

The music is all there of course, and all timed perfectly with the fanfare and battle report and such. I'm just missing the sound effects.

Edit: I'll tinyurl the link as the forum is messing it up.

M.I.A., dsiver144 and BloodletterQ like this.
  15. thepsyche

thepsyche Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm having some trouble figuring out water levels in my brain because I'm not so sharp on the isometric geography.

Here's what I've got:

upload_2019-5-4_18-9-31.png

You'll notice before the drop, the water is "one" tile deep.

Then it hits a cliff, and becomes five tiles deep. However, because the ground layer also changes here, the rest of the water is four tiles deep - and this is about the part that I've utterly confused myself. Do water levels have to be consistent with the terrain around them or can the layout under water be completely different - provided its deeper than the surrounding land?

Furthermore, does water level when it travels over a cliff face have to be consistent from the depth it was previously? I don't think so, but I've accidentally done too much mental gymnastics and now I've lost all perspective.

Marquise* and atoms like this.
  16. Amy Pond

Amy Pond Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    Water fills the space it finds, it just has to be lower than the source, doesn't need to have any relation to the land around it. It'll just flow to the next lowest land.

The next spot can be shallower if it's also wider.

17. Elissiaro

Elissiaro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unless you're planning on adding a waterfall, the water should be level. So since the water in the upper section is one tile high, and the water in the lower section is 4 tiles high, the underwater cliff should only be 3 tiles.
    Or if you wanna keep the underwater cliff the same, the walls for the bottom section needs to be 6 tiles deep. (Unless my math skills is even worse than I thought...)

18. Pamela_Rooseveth

Pamela_Rooseveth Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi. I'm trying to do an school cafeteria, but something doesn't feel right. I'm still not satisfied, does someone have any suggestion?
    Screenshot - 04_05_2019 , 23_27_58.png

19. CheekyChelldos

CheekyChelldos NPC Member

New York, but not the part you're thinking of
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Longish response incoming :kaoswt2: hope thats ok
    Hi! I'm very new at this, so feel free to completely ignore this, but my opinion as more of an artist is that its very unbalanced. what should often be the center of gravity (the doorway) is far away from the busiest part of the scene (the lunch counter.) it's really good that you gave the room shape, as boring, square rooms rarely look great, but you just need to balance it so that it looks more like a big open space, and less like the state of New York.
    It also feels very small and cramped in places, especially near walls and furniture, and the tables look like they only seat 40 people max, which didnt seem big enough for a typical school. It's also quite overdecorated, which adds to it feeling cramped. you could just tone down the wall tiles and space thing out a bit more. Adding doors and windows also help make the room feel a bit more open, and like the lunchman isnt trapped there. Having a mirror in a cafeteria just felt kinda weird, so I just made it a shelf or smtg.
    These are just suggestions again, but I made a couple of VERY SLOPPY edits in paint just to illustrate what I'm getting at. It's quite similar to the original, just following my own suggestions to balance it out.
    caf.PNG
    and the second is a larger version, because I felt it was still too small and narrow.
    caf2.PNG
    I hope this doesn't come off as rude or anything! feel free to correct me on anything.

20. Pamela_Rooseveth

Pamela_Rooseveth Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually, I really like your idea. I decided not to put windows and to make it more rounded. What do you think?
    Sin nombre.png
    Also, it was a good idea to include some bathrooms because I already had the tiles for it. (and, yes, the doors can be opened).
    Screenshot - 05_05_2019 , 16_11_34.png
    Screenshot - 05_05_2019 , 16_10_44.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.